Why the fuck is everyone calling the Netherlands "Holland" all of a sudden?

why the fuck is everyone calling the Netherlands "Holland" all of a sudden?

and how come they're so shit nowadays?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_knxozEufH8.
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Zorreguieta#Participaci.C3.B3n_en_la_dictadura_militar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Easier

+99% people in real life call it Holanda instead of Países Bajos (even more when talking about the football NT), why pretend to be shocked?

Who the fuck doesnt call it Holland?
>Netherlands
What a shit name.Sounds like some zone in an edgy MMORPG

>Netherlands
sounds like genitals

I've never seen people calling it Holland in english, except for the occasional dummy.

yeah, I know, we all do, but not in english though.

Op thinks he is too intelligent to call it holanda

That's how you say it in Portuguese here.
"holanda" instead of "países baixos"

Our queen is Argentinian, your country gets cucked by our king's well-bred schlong every day of the week

you sound like something that would give me diarrhea

If you really want to know (you probably don't), we're in some sort of transititional phase after having the best generation of footballers we've had in years. Reaching the WC final of 2010 (LOSING ONE FOR THE THIRD TIME FUCK YOU ARGENTINA REEE) was the pinnacle of this generation, but we already played some strong previous World and European Cups, without satisfying results to back this potential up.

This fucking game against France summarizes everything that could have been achieved with that team. youtube.com/watch?v=_knxozEufH8.

Reaching third place in 2014 (and beating Spain with 5-1) was seen as quite a surprise, seeing as the best players like Robben, Sneijder and Van Persie were starting to grow old. I think the tactical (and maybe even social) ingenuity of Louis van Gaal was the main thing that contributed to this succes.

After that we kinda got our heads stuck up our own asses by thinking we could beat opponents with the same system without the adequate talent. This expectation only caused more criticism once the results turned out to be disappointing, which in turn created even more pressure on an already subpar team.

Our national football association is also conservative as balls, relying on the opinions and policies written by people who were great footballers in the past, like Van Basten, Gullit and Van Breukelen, but lack the managerial knowhow to adequately run a national team.

I think having such a great generation kinda fucked us over in a way To that extent the only thing I can say now (looking at you Chile-guy and Messibro) is to enjoy it while it lasts.

why the fuck don't you come over here, get massively underpayed, and then proceed to steal my car radio you gypsy lunatic

Our federation here employed Dutch technical director and coaching staff to oversee the game here after Hiddink got us to Germany 2006. Blokes basically ordered everyone to play 433 with obviously worse players than you. Are we screwed in the long run? U21 and below have been very underwhelming and failing to qualify for tournaments.

They are probably literally whos for you but some of them are Pim Verbeek (former NT coach), Rob Baan, Han Berger, and IIRC Raymond Verheijen was involved in some capacity.

Here's a (you), Armin, my buttblasted Netherlad. Your fury gave me a lel.

>Our queen is Argentinian, your country gets cucked by our king's well-bred schlong every day of the week
what was your point?
also, she's literally hated here, I don't even understand how she's your queen.

>she's literally hated here
What? Why?

This is Dutch friendship thread now, say something nice about Netherlands. I'd start.

In comparison to Belgians, Dutch people seem like a race of superhumans, both morally and physically.

¿en serio viejo?

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Zorreguieta#Participaci.C3.B3n_en_la_dictadura_militar

their failure makes us look good

not really, no.

I could swear nobody called them Holland in 2014

pls let us enjoy this moment argentina

In my language we call it Holandia (Хoлaндијa). In Serbo-Croatian is Nizozemska meaning low ground

spose its kind of similar to argentina and hues

sure, you're in, that's great, but you know that your group and playoff rival were a lot weaker than netherland's

pero lavate el orto zurdito

>being this edgy
have fun with your life m8

It's because the provinces of south and north Holland are the only relevant parts of the country.

Dutch, holland, netherlands
Wtf is going on in that flooded piece of shit country? Just pick a name and go with it

i woke up and didnt expect to get bullied what he fuck Sup Forums

how is this bullying?

Called our country Holland is like calling the whole of the United Kingdom England.
It's fucking stupid.

About the football: 'we' think we have to play nice football, not strong technical like other countries.
Our league is shit too. So all we get are some wasted talents who aren't ready to play men's football.
I'd rather support Iceland or another meme country.

Henk Hoijtink on twitter is a good source about the state of Dutch football. Use google translate if necessary.

the only people that dont like being called holland are poor farmers frome north and poor miners from the south

new flash sweetie: everything outside holland is irrelevant

>tfw spent 1 year is South Holland

Don't think I've ever heard someone refer to the Netherlands as the Netherlands. Shouldn't have made your name so fucking long you spastics.

>Called our country Holland is like calling the whole of the United Kingdom England.

not even remotely close Hans van Hiv

England and Holland are just components of the wider UK and NL so he's right.