Why did they leave these bits out of the movie?

Why did they leave these bits out of the movie?

>IN Algiers in 1895, Oscar Wilde procured for Andre Gide a flute- playing Arab boy, primarily in order to amuse himself and his favourite, Lord Alfred Douglas. As Gide climbed into a carriage with the boy, fidgeting and procrastinating, Wilde looked on, triumphant. Gide, in fact, had already experienced his initiation with another Arab lad in the sand dunes of Sousse, Tunisia; but that was a fleeting, fumbling, private affair. The boy had initially marched off in despair at Gide's seeming inability actually to do anything when push, as it were, came to shove. When Gide met Wilde, he was still pondering the implications.

>[Wilde and Gide] both chose to marry, despite being homosexual, and both genuinely loved their respective wives, albeit with gay abandon. They both preferred young boys to grown men, when they had the choice - Wilde went in for the tough blond things who strutted their stuff around Piccadilly Circus, Gide for the lithe, charming Arab kids who, then as now, formed little groups around foreigners.

>Wilde lost his virginity to Robbie Ross when the latter was a year below the current age of consent, and the boys Wilde wined and dined were frequently younger than that - as when he became involved with a 16-year-old who had been smuggled into London from Bruges to be installed in the Albermarle Hotel. According to Oscar Browning, the pederastic Victorian public-school master, "on Saturday, the boy slept with Douglas; on Sunday he slept with Oscar. On Monday he slept with a woman at Douglas's expense."

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/just-wilde-about-the-boys-1263513.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Fryer also writes, as though it was not particularly controversial, of Douglas taking a boy-lover named Ali in Algeria, whom he cruelly whipped after the boy was said to have been sleeping with women. Gide informed his own mother, of all people, that even when that relationship ended, the child was not still in his teens.

>But Fryer further claims, this time controversially, that Douglas told Gide he was looking forward to seducing Wilde's nine-year-old son, Cyril, as soon as he got the opportunity. It is not suggested that Wilde raised any objection to this sort of talk.

>Unlike most of Wilde's friends, Douglas didn't have to pretend to be decadent, and most readers will sigh with relief that the relationship between Wilde and Douglas ended, however terrible the circumstances, before little Cyril could face the potential consequences of the latter's advances.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/just-wilde-about-the-boys-1263513.html

>Oscar Wilde took a key out of his pocket and showed me into a tiny apartment of two rooms… The youths followed him, each of them wrapped in a burnous that hid his face. Then the guide left us and Wilde sent me into the further room with little Mohammed and shut himself up in the other with the [other boy]. Every time since then that I have sought after pleasure, it is the memory of that night I have pursued. […] My joy was unbounded, and I cannot imagine it greater, even if love had been added.

>How should there have been any question of love? How should I have allowed desire to dispose of my heart? No scruple clouded my pleasure and no remorse followed it. But what name then am I to give the rapture I felt as I clasped in my naked arms that perfect little body, so wild, so ardent, so sombrely lascivious? For a long time after Mohammed had left me, I remained in a state of passionate jubilation, and though I had already achieved pleasure five times with him, I renewed my ecstasy again and again, and when I got back to my room in the hotel, I prolonged its echoes until morning.

Burn in hell, pedo scum

What? I thought Oscar Wilde was a beloved literary figure! Why did they make such an affectionate biopic about a man who molested children?

stephen fry has always struck me as a paedophile too desu

Because he didn't say anything racist. Also he was gay, and libs love that stuff, they only dig up dirt if you're a conservative.

What tipped you off?

I think probably a quarter of English people are gay due to boarding school rape.

This faggot deserved to be impaled on a stake

he left a nice headstone though with lots of kisses on it.

>16 year olds
>Pedophilia

16 is the age of consent in most places in the Western world. Not to mention back in those days age of consent was even lower. My 14 year old great grandmother married my then-20 great grandfather in the 20s and it was completely normal.

Current age of consent in Britain and Algiers is 16, 15 in France. How does that make Wilde "pedo scum"?

>when that relationship ended, the child was not still in his teens

PIDF get out

Why?

the eternal Anglo really is a disgusting creature. Think of what a better place the world would be if these sub humans had been wiped out hundreds of years ago. Hopefully one day we will realize our mistake and correct it for the good of mankind.

A 3 year relationship with a 16 year old would qualify under that statement, and I really doubt it was 3 years.

Why do I get the feeling a good portion of the posters itt calling Oscar Wilde a pedo also defend Milo for saying the same damn things?

The little muslim boys deserved to be BRIT'ed.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with what massive hypocrites they are or how they can be counted on to spasm like frogs' legs irrespective of where the current originates.

This is the same as the Milo shit. If someone says "boy" they immediately think of a prepubescent child, even if they're referring to late adolescents. For some reason "girl" has a far larger window of time.

"Ersed", user. Ersed. In the "erse", as it were.

Wait, did they made a Oscar Wilde biopic with no gay scenes in it? wtf