Emma Watson urges boys to stop closing their minds to female heroes

>“It’s something that they are not used to and they don’t like that,” she said. “Anything that deviates from the norm is difficult to accept. I think if you’ve been used to watching characters that look like, sound like, think like you and then you see someone up on the screen and you go, ‘Well, that’s a girl, she doesn’t look like me. I want it to look like me so that I can project myself onto the character.'”

>Conversely, the actress says female audiences have an easier time relating to characters across gender because they’re not as threatened.

>“Women are great at doing that. We see whoever is on screen and we recognize the human qualities in the man that we relate to and there’s not such a gap, but for some reason there’s some kind of barrier there where [men] are like, ‘I don’t want to relate to a girl. I don’t want to, I don’t want that,’ which I think is inherently part of the problem.”

>“If I asked a young boy what superhero they looked up to, I feel a lot fewer would say a female one or would ever use an example of a female one, than in reverse, which is a shame because I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men,” says Watson, an ambassador for the U.N.’s HeForShe initiative, seeking to inspire more men to be supportive of feminism. “I hope that — I think — that’s starting to slowly change, but it is something that does actively need to be addressed.”

ew.com/movies/2017/02/22/emma-watson-urges-boys-to-stop-closing-their-minds-to-female-heroes/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Er3vu2IVLjc
twitter.com/EmmaWatson/status/834152750053199872
youtu.be/JiW3qRlDhig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She's really working hard at becoming an insufferable cunt, isn't she?

Women are a forced meme.

user urges Emma Watson to stop opening her legs to every man who walks by

There have always been female heroes and no one had a problem with it.

She's starting to get seriously annoying.

Stop telling me how to think about who I am

>women

It really bothers me that the UN gives more attention to divisive identity politics about the response of children boys to mass media characters, than to the 3 billion people living in poverty. It's almost like helping humanity isn't their real goal.

>1976 + 41
>caring what an actor/actress thinks

T. Pleb

What's the problem with any of what she said in this statement?

youtube.com/watch?v=Er3vu2IVLjc

relevant video

if you want there to be better female role-models, write some or be some instead of whine about the lack of them.

nobody looks up to a whiner.

WE MADE ALL THE FEMALE HEROES
WHAT THE FUCK
LOOK AT ANY VIDEO GAME OR COMIC BOOK
WE CREATE FEMALE HEROES AND WE MAKE THEM WELL
YOU
STUPID
FUCKING
CUNT

She's literally bitching and whining that boys like Superman and not Wonder Woman.

SUPER IMPORTANT ISSUES.

>Complaining about men not being able to stand female heroes when the Star Wars movies made the money they did
>Hollywood is now copying anime all over the place, the latest incarnation being Ghost in the Shell, a wildly popular (in the West) story with a "female" protagonist

o i am laffin.

Wew! I can smell your mangina from here

The UN charter was co-written by a Communist spy. UN wasn't meant to help anyone.

>has a platform to speak at the UN
>chooses to bitch about male children not identifying with female superheroes enough
>both UN and herself become less relevant by the second as a result

Alien?

NINETEEN SEVENTY NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE?

>what is Lara Croft
>what is Samus Aran
This argument stopped working decades ago. Fuck off Emma.

Do people really project themselves on characters? How exactly, you sit there and pretend that's really you?

THUNDERCOCK'D

such a fucking ego that she thinks this is important

i hope she gets mugged and pissed on by some creepy south american

>If I asked a young boy what superhero they looked up to, I feel a lot fewer would say a female one or would ever use an example of a female one, than in reverse, which is a shame because I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men

This is literally not an issue at all. Also, >I feel; nice evidence you stupid cunt.

>I feel like we need to live in a culture that values and respects and looks up to and idolizes women as much as men
Said a white woman, the most valued and privileged people in the history of humankind.

Ripley and Sarah Connor are two of the most beloved action heroes of all time and neither is sexualised at all like you'd expect.
Start writing believable female heroes again.

It will be anglo-germanic white mens' faults if she does, because her molester's great-great-great grandfather, and he, himself was put into a self destructive socio economic culture created by Spanish conquerors

I find her really attractive but god damn she's such a goddamn stupid cunt, jesus.

I'm really glad I never liked the Harry Potter movies when I was a kid, so this insufferable cunt never ended up being my waifu.

Annoying slut -1/10 waifu

How?

I never understood the hype. She's not ugly, but she's not this "really" attractive girl people make her out to be.

best emma

this vapid cunt is still trying to talk down to people??

>UN
>helping

awww, poor triggered wittle fella

life must be a nightmare for someone as delicate as you

Sup Forums doesn't like it

though i'm not sure anybody actually likes being constantly badgered to like a thing because you're apparently sexist if you don't

Harry Potter. A generation of kids grew up with Emma Watson in those 12 dozen movies, so she's special to them.

I'm 26, so I'm about the right age to fall into that category, I read all the books and seen all the movies (although I've grown out of it and don't really revisit the movies or books ever)

I still don't see the appeal.

You sure showed him, I'm sure Emma will be at your door any second to service you for defending her online you absolute fucking beta of a cuck.

This is why I don't find her attractive.

Nobody has a problem with female heroes if they're actually well conceived characters.

forgot pic

I want to ejaculate on her feet

>"Muh women have more empathy" is a meme
>The statement is false, men do love to see credible female superheroes, maybe not as much, but they do
>The issue is not relevant enough to constantly bitching about this
>"Guys are bad, why can't you be more like us?!" meme
>Her arguments are contradictory in several ways
>"Guys, you have to deal with this problem! I'm not doing anything, I'm just a girl hihihihi"
>She is an ignorant whore who thinks she is better than any of us even though she is not.
Shall I continue?

So women need to be represented on screen but men need to just get used to projecting themselves on female characters?
This bitch is so fucking dumb.
I have never once in my life given a shit about the gender of a character in a movie. If I relate with them it's because they're relatable and well-written, not because we're both tri-gendered pyrofoxes.

sweet jesus, can you imagine being as delicate, insecure, triggered and cringeworthy as these poor little poltards?

i mean i get it, youre creepy and women hate you, but thats on you

lmfao

>Whaaah! Please let me do capeshit. I can be like Jlaw!

Fuck man, on X-Men alone I'm pretty certain you've got more important female heroes than male ones. Mainstream wise you've got what, Wolverine and maybe Cyclops for males? Meanwhile for female characters you've got Storm, Rogue, Jean, Kitty, Mystique thanks to the new movies, and I'd argue most of those are more mainstream than just about any other X-Men character that isn't Wolverine

I don't even know what she's talking about. Films with female protagonists have become million- or even billion-Dollar mainstream successes. What fucking "barrier" is she talking about?
Us it only because boys have a hard time IDENTIFYING with movie heroines? She really should've taken courses in psychology instead of studying whatever subject she studied at Brown.

pffthahAHAHHAHA

sweet cringing jesus youre a pathetic idiot

i mean i thought i couldnt laugh at you any harder, then you stacked beta and cuck, two of the most cringeworthy words that exist

what a man, what a life you must live

sweet jesus, can you imagine being as delicate, insecure, triggered and cringeworthy as these poor little tumblrites?

i mean i get it, youre creepy and women hate you, but thats on you

lmfao

this. i enjoyed watching mila kick ass in resident evil as much as keanu in wick.

all these plebs

You're trying too hard. It's cringey

>haha
>laffing at ur post
>didnt evan get me mad
>haha
>FUCK YOU
>haha
>not upset at all haha

Jesus, that triggering.

>>“Women are great at doing that. We see whoever is on screen and we recognize the human qualities in the man that we relate to and there’s not such a gap, but for some reason there’s some kind of barrier there where [men] are like, ‘I don’t want to relate to a girl. I don’t want to, I don’t want that,’ which I think is inherently part of the problem.”

I feel like this about black superheroes. When I was a kid, I never had any problem relating to white superheroes or white crimefighters on television. So all these grown men talking about how they can't possibly relate to a character if he's slightly darker than they are seems bizarre.

It's either their imagination or empathy that is broken, maybe both.

It's like they're completely forgetting every Will Smith action comedy in the 90s and how kids wanted to be him

ahahaAHAHAHAHA

the I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM defence followed by LOL YOU TUMBLR

stop, please stop, i cant take any more

swear to god, funniest fucking cringethread ive seen all month

I bet you talk like this around real people too, i bet you have the balls to do that, and not just in your little echo chamber

keep blaming your creepiness on women

its not you it them

them and those beta cucks sjw feminazis

its not you

its not you

youre not a creepy loser

its them

its not you

youre great, youre not a creepy loser

okay i gtg now, nice playing with you

>why aren't there any creepy, delicate, insecure superheroes like me?REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>White men are stupid and hateful

I don't think you really understand anymore what it's like to have essentially an entire society that can only think badly of you because of your gender and race.

>Conversely, the actress says female audiences have an easier time relating to characters across gender because they’re not as threatened.

>“Women are great at doing that. We see whoever is on screen and we recognize the human qualities in the man that we relate to and there’s not such a gap, but for some reason there’s some kind of barrier there where [men] are like, ‘I don’t want to relate to a girl. I don’t want to, I don’t want that,’ which I think is inherently part of the problem.”

wew
sexist much?

>"Girls shouldn't have to live up to any unrealistic expectations for boys to find them desirable."

That's fucking gold considering that the last I heard she was dating the captain of a volleyball team at some Ivy League school.

I guess it's no surprise that she isn't dating some fat, poor normie.

WE MUST RECONFIGURE THE MALE PSYCHOLOGY

WHY, YOU ASK?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can I have her smelly socks first?

>I just make up strawman arguments in my head rather than respond to what someone is actually saying

I don't think you really understand how to carry on an adult conversation anymore.

>boys want to be male

HOLY SHIT CALL THE EU

>say some sexist bullshit about how men can never be empathetic or desire connecting with people who don't exactly look like them
>get away with it since you're a famous millionaire

>s-strawman!
>you're not a grownup!!

You passive aggressively slandered white men on the basis of generalizations fueled by what I assume to be insecurity driven racism. Blacks today will not shut the fuck up about having their own representation in media, yet if whites dare even think about doing the same, we are pathetic, hateful, childish, evil, etc etc etc

No, it's you who has the growing up to do buddy. We are white, and we want to stay that way. You need to learn to deal with that.

This was so simple, but I laughed hard.

WE GOT A CISGENDERED WHITE MAN IN FUCKING 2017! CODE RED!

>female audiences have an easier time relating to characters across gender because they’re not as threatened
That explains your crusade to make all heroes female, right?

>okay i gtg now

Lol yeah I'd chicken out if I was you as well.

Bye bye

Don't forget beautiful. She's a famous millionaire in the first place primarily because she's beautiful, and little else. Lookism! We are the all victims of lookism!!! Murder your parents and piss on their graves right now for their role in the lookist oppression!!!

>What a privilege
twitter.com/EmmaWatson/status/834152750053199872

Nice effort, retard.

This bitch is triggered far more than you or I could ever dream of being.
Pointing out that she's a useless airbag that never shuts up about bullshit, made up, perceived inequalities, isn't being triggered. It's being bored and disappointed in how weirdo feminists have such warped views of the world that they want to attack 10year old boys for not wanting to be cat woman.
Now go to bed. Your mother and I will be up shortly to tuck you in.

The sexes are equal, let's all be proud of our differences. Men don't understand what is like to be a female. NOW NOW BOYS COME ALONG, YOU'RE NOT THINKING THE RIGHT WAY, UGH CAN'T YOU JUST CHANGE. I KNOW THE WAY ALL MEN THINK AND YOU SHOULD REALLY CHANGE, THAT IS IF YOU ARE NOT TOO DIM, HUEHUEHUE SUCH DIM LITTLE BOYS. NOW LET ME GET BACK TO BEING AS USEFUL AS A FART IN A WINDTUNNEL AHUEHUEHUE SO LONG FROM LITTLE MISS PRIM AND PROPER DELICATELY SCENTED FISHCUNT PASS THE FERRERO ROCHER YOU BLACK BASTARD

>tax dodging 26 year old with a BA in english is put on a pedestal and can spout his pseudopsychology as if there were any concrete evidence behind anything she says
Anyone who takes her seriously is on par with soccer moms who took anti-vaxxing seriously because celebrities supported it. You believe someone because she is a celebrity.

based best emma

Because she said it therefore it must be true, like those Resident Evil/Underworld series? forget about that, the protagonist (unlike the man counterpart who has to be handsome and be fit) has to be ugly or average like me, they aren't allowed to be sexy even if they don't fit the rol, like Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman.

I have to swallow everything that Hollywood and filmmakers puts in front of my face especially female """"""heroes""""""", is my dutty as a men to watch the movies Emman wants me to watch, affirmative action in every choose I make.

>PASS THE FERRERO ROCHER YOU BLACK BASTARD
I cannot stop laughing

>star wars has a female hero
>is targeted primarily at boys
>makes 10 billion

>mad max fury road is a "feminist" movie
>majority male audience
>tons of oscars and is one of highest grossing r rated movies in years

what is this cunt talking about

>You passive aggressively slandered white men on the basis of generalizations fueled by what I assume to be insecurity driven racism.

No, I was talking about a specific group of people, not all white men, or even a majority. I was talking about people who complain about black characters in media because they apparently can't relate to them as fellow human beings.

You really need to dial back the victimhood complex and crocodile tears my man.

>Blacks today will not shut the fuck up about having their own representation in media, yet if whites dare even think about doing the same, we are pathetic, hateful, childish, evil, etc etc etc

White representation in media isn't being threatened. The vast majority of protagonists in film and television are white. You're living in a fantasy world.

>No, it's you who has the growing up to do buddy. We are white, and we want to stay that way.

Do you think we're trying to turn you black? Is that what Alex Jones tells you?

you dont belong here

>wainting children to think like adults

Yeah I'm sure you can force ideology like this on children.

that was very lewd, emma

>twitter.com/EmmaWatson/status/834152750053199872
>THE PLEASURE WAS ALL MINE!

Does this mena Emma is no longer pure?

*want

>"Boys should go see more movies with female heroes and male villains, to instill in them a sense of guilt from the outset and make them into self hating men, willing to always cater to their female partners needs...which inevitable leads to the females disinterest and infidelity"

>You're a pungent gal
>For you

>Films with female protagonists have become million- or even billion-Dollar mainstream successes. What fucking "barrier" is she talking about?

asked myself the same question.

*snifffff*

Wasn't he the gay one? Or was that Ashman?

You're right, I have an IQ over 110.

Maybe I just feel sorry for you people.

not gonna watch girl movies just because her feels are hurt
everybody has his own taste respect it

>for you people.

look at all the widdle buttmad betas

youtu.be/JiW3qRlDhig

Idiots. Conservatives. DC fans. Virgins.

Pick one or all four.

yep, she has a very good point and they're just mad about how smart it is

Yes, but you are both an idiot and a virgin.

Why would you commit such thoughtless and hurtful words onto yourself?