Time to settle an age-old rivalry

time to settle an age-old rivalry

ATTENTION TO ALL NON-BRITS AND ALL NON-GERMANS:

Would you rather live in the UK or Germany? Why?

The United Kingdom is the better choice.

t. Unbiased Non British Person

Germany. Cus german girls > anything UK can offer

If I was a German, Germany; were I anything else including myself, the UK

so the UK

UK.

The UK, because london gay scene is great

Germany, the UK is too bloody cold.

UK

just move to Scotland and become a leech while taking in the atmosphere

Germany, better weather and basically better everything, but if there was option to shoot myself at the airport i would chose that

Youre gonna burn in hell fag

As a black man, Germany.

Germany because the food is better. And in the south the weather and architecture is better. And the people are more normal I guess.

And the UK has a lot of awkward things, like the water taps, driving on the wrong side of the road, shitty measurements.

Probably UK only because I speak the language. My husband lived in the UK for a while though and he says its a trash country/people, and so that makes me feel a bit hesitant. I love the Brits on Sup Forums but they do have a lot of trashy subculture going on.

College is tution free in Germany+you get a government grant on top, so Germany

Went to both. Would take germoney mostly for the weather. Other than that, couldn't care less. Oh right, also angry germans are funny to look at.

uk of course, because english, duh

I highly doubt its free tuition, probably they use taxes.

German girls have qt faces but majority of them have hank hill ass and flat tits

yeah, I'm thinking of getting my masters there.
I was considering UK but the price is just too high. The only bad thing is that I don't know german, but I have a pretty good IELTS score.

>couldn't care less.
it is COULD care less, cuck

It's true that the British are relatively trashy compared to Germans. But Americans can be quite trashy as well. So in your case it's a bit of a pot kettle thing.

>My husband
Post boypussy.

Germany of course.

>love the Brits on Sup Forums
wtf, they are literal scum. i hope they are not like that irl

Whenever I have a question about their country, they've always been polite and answered me about it.

IDK my husband thought they were way way trashier than us (which is funny because in the USA we often stereotype Brits as being rich and kinda snooty?). So who knows.

Yeah. Why shouldn't they use taxes? Tuition-based school systems are not meritocratic. Education is the number one factor responsible for upwards social mobility and in an age of increased automation a more highly educated and specialized workforce is a bare necessity for any healthy economy. So imposing artificial barriers on access to education is economical and political suicide.

>Why shouldn't they use taxes? Tuition-based school systems are not meritocratic.

If you use taxes its not free.

> Education is the number one factor responsible for upwards social mobility

Yep, and with the social mobility you are wealthier and repay the loan of your education according to how much you took out (so if I go to a community college I will pay a much smaller loan then a guy who went to a very expensive for profit college). OR you pay it in taxes. Either way its not "free". Trust me, they need to pay teachers etc somehow. Whenever a govt is telling you "this is free" they are lying to you and you are an idiot if you believe them.

I favor using a tax just on college grads that would allow college grads to pay for college in taxes. Works like a loan but its tied to income more.

I didn't say 'free' I said "tuition-free". Everyone knows that public institutions are paid by tax money, duh.

You would be very surprised how many retards really think that government stuff is "free". Its an embarrassment.

I paid off my tuition in 3 years after I chose to attend in-state college and commute from home, and study a practical major that allowed plenty of work-study. If I was living in a "free college" country I'd have my taxes jacked up way high my entire life to pay for everyone elses' idiotic decisions.

Here many things (education, health care, pensions, housing) are subsidised by the government. So people believe they pay for it themselves, when they really dont.

University for example costs 2000 a year for students and people think that's it, but the government pays an additional 7000 on top of that.

With pensions you have baby boomers screaming they saved for their pensions when the amount they get decreases. Which they did. Just not the same amount they receive back.

I'm a Brit living in Germany. I could go into more detail but here goes.

Germany is backwards when it comes to ease of pretty much anything, be it banking or day to day bureaucracy. However, my standard of living is far higher here than it was in Britain, I have a job here that is significantly less important or high up than what I had in the UK yet I get paid almost double the wage. The cost of living is far lower here, as well.

If money were not an issue I would pick the UK but when it comes to having a decent standard of living where you can afford to live comfortably in a decent sized home and not have to choose between a good job and extortionate city prices or a dead end desk job and living in the middle of nowhere Germany is your choice anyday.

There are many downsides to living here than in the UK but the upsides far outweigh them

good lad
do you ever go to the cross dressing clubs?

UK because of English.
If I could speak German, I would choose Germany.

UK seems like a good time.

The UK, barely. Both countries are too close to the Netherlands for my liking, but at least the UK has the Channel.

just to add to this. Almost everything is cheaper in Germany until it comes to medication. For example: 32 paracetamol pills in the uk currently costs 95 pence whilst 12 paracetamols here in the reich cost between 7-9 euros. Really makes the ol' brain tick.

I live quite near the netherlands border and we drive over to that barren wasteland once in a while to pick up cheap medication.

germany because i wanna learn another language.....

i doubt anybody thinks that. free means you don't pay anything. not totally "free" as in nobody pays for it.

Probably Germany.
I like the way the women look more, plus Britain is too liberal in the worst ways.

britain. i like scotland

Does that apply even if you're an international student?

Probably

shoot myself

Strange question but whatever.
Is it hard for you to socialize or find german friends?
Just want to know

Death to Germany.

Buuh not cool

Germany because I love their architecture.

>I love commieblocks and other brutalist buildings

The UK has literally no redeeming qualities, so I'd pick Germany. I'd rather stay there though.