The Death of the true Prometheus sequel

Ridley Scott 5 years ago
>Titles his Prometheus sequel to be Prometheus: Paradise or simply Paradise and have it be about David and Shaw travelling to the Engineers planet.
>It featured no Aliens

Ridley Scott a couple years ago
>Changes title and completely re-writes the sequel
>Shaw only has a small cameo now
>Inserts many Aliens because of fans not appreciating Prometheus
>Instead of a mysterious horror film that Paradise was going to be, we instead get Alien: Covenant which is basically Alien 2.0 with Ridley using as many references from the first Alien as he can to "please the fans" and who cares about seeing the Engineers home world when we get lots of Aliens killing people just like old times right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alien > Prometheus > Aliens

rest are garbage

What a shitshow. Is he trying to run the alien franchise into the ground like star wars?

It was run into the ground the instant Alien3 was released. Everything since is just milking it for cash.

Fuck you Alien 3 is a classic

If that's true that's very disappointing. I actually liked Prometheus quite a lot. Agreed.

you only have yourselves to blame.

it became an instant meme to hate prometheus

and of course barely anyone defends it until its sequel gets thrown out for fanservice.

>it's like poetry

>Alien > Prometheus > Alien 3
So close.

If Prometheus 2 was gonna be anything like the first one, then I'm glad he changed it.

This. Alien 3 is better than Aliens.

Damn shame desu i thought Aliem Covenant was still going to be about shaw/david but after seeing the trailer it doesn't even look like shaw is in it at all.

The original premise for the sequel sounded based now it's like ridley forgot he even made prometheus.

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3 > Prometheus > Alien 4

>One sleep dazed Engineer wrecked like 6 people in seconds

>I know lets fly to a planet full of them

Pants on head retarded

At least we have David, the best part about Prometheus.

>we come in peace

Pan to head only David

>more like peices

It was so easy ridley why did you have to fuck it all up.

that's what happens when producers listen to the twitter audience.
if you think it's all ridley scott's doing you are wrong, the man is almost 80, he couldn't care less what the audience thinks or wants, the producers wanted a certain cash grab which means a lot more alien and what we used to see because member berries=money and a lot less prometheus.
if this movie will be a success we might see something like a "prometheus 2", which i believe is the only reason ridley is doing this movie in the first place.

This and also David gets up to doing what he does best: experimenting on humans and using them as bait so be fun to see him do this with a new crew.

Who knows we might get Shaw and David's head crash on the same planet that this crew is right at the end. (damn I just spoiled the ending didn't I?)

How do we know Ridley hasn't turned into Lucas? Who knows maybe after 2012, something happened and Ridley became a normies man (just look at the Martian that movie was made for normies). We can only hope this movie has some Prometheus content in it.

Alien > Aliens > Resurrection > 3 > AVP 2 > AVP > Prometheus

Prometheus a shit

Scott realized that fassbender is boring as fuck and cant carry a movie. good riddance

Where does isolation go?

It doesn't.

>isolation

Fuck did I get memed? Who are the fags coming here and saying it's kino?

So if they are part of a colonisation mission to a new planet why is there a gay couple.

>tv bitches day and night about Prometheus having nothing to do with Alien
>tv no bitches about Prometheus 2 not being more like Prometheus 1

KYS

So you really think a colonization mission will depend on a handful of people fucking? They probably got embryos or something like Interstellar.

Daily reminder original Prometheus script was pretty goat
Damon Lindelof change it to shit just look at this guy SJW and feminism is written all over his face

Aliens > alien resurrection > the rest >>>>> prometheus

>blaming fans for this shit

no one wanted fucking alien rape shower scenes, shit comedians and more blue everywhere. no one asked for that shit. that's on ridley scott.

we wanted prometheus BUT IT WAS SHIT. WE WANTED IT TO NOT BE SHIT

because gay people and reproduction are not mutually exclusive

It's cuckoldry then?

Hollywood is more desperate for profit than ever. A lot of their shit is bombing so they are going more and more safe which probably going to result in more and more bombs.

I hate Lindelof but trashing him for feminism is retarded here since Alien was always feminist.

Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens

Disagree = reddit

>Alien 3
nice meme

Alien > Aliens > Alien 3

Disagree = kys

Alien > prometheus > a3 assembly cut >>>>>aliens>>>>>dogshit

Prometheus was genius. A movie about the stupidity of wanting answers, about the stupid curiosity and arrogance of mankind. Its extremely ironic that the movie was critiziced for having plotholes or not explaining 100% whats happening when thats the fucking point of the movie. To show that god cannot be understood and maybe shouldnt be understood.

>who cares about seeing the Engineers home world when we get lots of Aliens killing people just like old times right?

Trust me, it will be much cooler in your head than anything they'd shit out onto the silver screen.

Prometheus would have been better if the characters weren't crayon eaters

Hard to want to empathize or self-insert.

>I'd try to pet a space snake

KYS

It was a horror movie you fucking retard
You MUST pet the space snake.

>I'm the cartographer and I just got lost

KYS

you are fucking stupid, friend.

if ridley "turned into lucas", it would matter fuck all what studios and audiences wanted, the real sequel would have been made regardless

>and nothing of value was lost
Prometheus sucked ass. Not like the new movie is going to be any better probably.

test

>Its extremely ironic that the movie was critiziced for having plotholes for not explaining 100% whats happening when thats the fucking point of the movie. To show that god cannot be understood and maybe shouldnt be understood.

why is this so hard for people to understand?

>it's shit on purpose!
This isn't a experimental fucking deep art movie by a some French tart, it's a blockbuster prequel by Ridley Scott, the man with the subtlety of a dull axe. Stop grasping at straws.

>It was run into the ground the instant Alien3 was released
You spelt 'Prometheus' wrong

>>Inserts many Aliens because of fans not appreciating Prometheus
This bugs me the most. Especially you fags that pretended like the movie was confusing or something.

>fans not appreciating Prometheus
There was nothing to appreciate in Prometheus.

Fuck you, you little jew cuck bitch. Resurrection was fucking based. Did you know Joss Whedon wrote it? No, I didn't think so. Get the fuck back to /r/scifi or wherever you came from, this is a discussion board for MEN.

is this bait? so what the fuck if Joss Smoke Weedon wrote it? Aside from that Resurrection is quite based I must admit

at this point there isn't anything anyone can do that wouldn't piss off some fans. they can't please everyone, so they're gonna try to please a few of them.

It's not, and it wasn't even decent until the recut version was realeased.

fuck you, he was the best thing in it.

She didn't plan on returning dummy. She went to investigate why they wanted to kill earth then she planned on going nuclear with the black goop on their home planet because fuck them.

It's the same with every franchise with rabid fans screeching for LE NOSTALGIA LE OLDTIME REDDIT LE RETRO MAKE IT JUST LIKE IN MUH CHILDHOOD!!!11

We seriously need a genocide of every single beta cuck who resembles Doug Walker or Chris Stuckmann in any way.

Also I hope old man Ridley kicks the bucket and they give the rights to Blomkamp or Alex Proyas.

There was a lot to appreciate in prometheus. The problem was it also had a ton of flaws, there's a 5 star kino in that film somewhere but it got lost in mucky plot decisions and bloat

This desu. He's a meme actor.

>there's a 5 star kino in that film somewhere but it got lost in mucky plot decisions and bloat
>there's a lot to appreciate in shit. It was once a delicious chicken
I don't care. The final product is all that matters and it was horrid.

>Also I hope old man Ridley kicks the bucket and they give the rights to Blomkamp or Alex Proyas.

as long as Bloemkemphe doesn't include fucking Die Antwoord. or any of them mindless thug tattoed bastiges wid sarth efriken eccents.

Considering all the theories about Jesus being an Engineer I imagine Shaw having her crucifix might be used as some sort of sign of peace at first contact, would've been interesting. In fact, when David questioned her about "You still believe? After all you've seen?" or something like that it would be ironic for him to realize that the supposed blind belief might save her in the end if that was even in the script

No. Stop. FFS this absolutely isn't the case. There is a stark difference between selectively leaving out pieces of a complete story, and writing without care because you believe the unexplained is somehow a replacement cleverness.

Had the characters acted logically and consistently, I might be tempted to agree with your interpretation. But they simply don't. Their actions are back formations written to move us from one big-idea scene to the next, in effect railroading the script to suit the ego of a less capable writer.

Another thing that killed it as a sequal to Prometheus was that everyone thought Rape-face was going to be a star.

Needless to say, that hasn't happened.

Isolation isn't canon. Colonial Marines is.

he hasn't made a good movie since 2005 and after his brother's death he doesn't give a fuck anymore

Not liking "A Good Year "

Alien > Prometheus > Aliens > Alien Resurrection > AVP2 > Alien 3 > AVP

>since 2005
1982*

Covenant should've never happened.

It should've been Prometheuses by Jim Cameron

>>blaming fans for this shit

Nah, blame the studio

Same with prometheus

>scott wants an engineers/human origin story with ties to alien
>studio cant market it the way they want to, need more shitty alien references
>script changes to accommodate the studios marketing strategies
>movie becomes completely half baked, but has an obvious open ending for a second film to further push the engineers storyline
>that also turns to shit because of the same reasons

only pleb normies wanted another 'alien' film

>instead of one engineer there's now a whole planet of them
>they act like retarded apes and get slaughtered en masse

kek

I didn't read the op of this thread and I haven't paid any attention whatsoever to Alien:Covenant's production or marketing. When I go see the movie I'll be able to judge what I see rather than forming pointless fantasies about movies that don't exist.

Just saying.

Ridley gone senile.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zv6hLkZWvzY

Prometheus was absolute garbage. Appeals to the lowest common denominator. Best he removes himself from that piece of trash as much as possible.

But we want to know more about the creators. Who cares about the xenomorphs. This is a soft reboot, like Jurassic world.

Put it in the trash.

Going into a Prometheus I didn't give a shit about the Xenomorphs or Alien lore. I went into it expecting a good movie. Instead I got a piece of shit while Redditors try to explain to me it's super deep and philosophical.

>Pants on head retarded
REDDIT ALERT REDDIT ALERT THIS IS A REDDIT PHRASE GET OUT GET OUT OUT OUT

Don't set photos confirm that they actually end up on engineer's planet with tons of engineers staying all fucked up like statues?

Prometheus was kinda crappy so yeah It's a good thing that they retooled the sequel. That said I really fucking hope it's not a shitty Alien remake now.

I loved Prometheus. I wanted to see a direct sequel. Vicks was fine desu baka SENPAI senpai

A lot of people say the characters are stupid for not running away all the time or whatever the fuck but they never had a reason to. Their first contact with alien life wasn't it bursting out of a crewmate's chest. The audience has musical cues to know when something is going to go wrong.

how new?

Both the trailer and the "Last Supper" looked amazing and I'm excited to see Alien: Covenant. That said, this is why a director should always focus on his vision and ignore fanboys at all costs, most of the time they have nothing of value to say and will just whine until given a horror flick that is essentially a bunch of video game cut scenes.

I unironically think Prometheus was the best of the series. Come at me.

>Vicks was fine desu baka SENPAI senpai
I love these filters. Instead of sounding like a pack of niggers everybody here is left sounding like an animu school girl instead.

>appeals to lowest common denominator
I think you meant Alien Resurrection

>Ridley Scott is a masive hack trading off a few titles he made 30 years ago

Gee OP, have you been in a fucking coma or something?

Why make the sequel then if we don't see more about Engineers.
It's sad because science-fiction is about discovery and the unknown, can we end up with 2 hours of the same Alien we know everything about ? (in a spaceship we know what will happen with an Alien, many deaths).
"Aliens confined in a spaceship" is a stale product now.

genPLEB detected

Alien is really good and symbolic. Aliens is an entertaining sequel, good to see Ripley Gundam-fighting an egg-hatching Queen Xenomorph, the nice Android, some characters, but unnecessary. Alien 3 is shit, but watchable if you want more from the same, it can be entertaining and it finally puts closure to Ripley. Resurrection makes no sense at all with Ripley's DNA fusing with the creature, it's barely watchable just for the action and curiosity.

I liked Prometheus. Too bad that too many possibilities of character development were dropped, but once I learned there's going to be a sequel, I wanted more. Classic Ridley Scott with the conflicting humanity of Androids. Story but focused on Xenos, but instead, again it's fear of the unknown and terrible things happening while they search for truths. It's telling a story. I don't understand why people give this movie so much hate, to be honest, while praising empty things like 3 and resurrection.

And now this twist of the script is just tasteless and disappointing

>tfw we could have gotten an Alien 3 that used William Goldman's script and with Fincher free from studio meddling

would've been the GOAT trilogy

>Alien
>Sci Fi

>Watching absolute shit AVP
>Bringing it to the equation

This desu, just delete AVPs and Resurrection

>implying this whole thread isn't just one asshole shilling

You DO realize the thread displays the number of unique poster ip's, right?

Prometheus was bad despite Scott's involvement. The screenplay was an absolute mess. It had its cool moments, but it was just hollow. If you liked it, that's cool, but don't try to create a narrative that presents the film as misunderstood by the plebian masses when that's just not the case.

I honestly didn't see anyone in this thread defending the 2deep4u argument. What I'm saying, and other people as well, is that it's not just about a prequel or not of the same, but instead, it's about searching for answers and getting horrible confusion and violence instead. It's not focused on Xenomorphs and yes, it's got plotholes covered by "there'll be a sequel, bro" when most people are dead and forgotten.

Fuck off lindelhof everything you touch turns to shit melting past your fingers.
I hope you die in a horrific car accident.