Don't criticize what you can't understand

Don't criticize what you can't understand.

do firing squads really arm bayonets?

bayonets are cool

yes but a firing squad isn't really required to mount them. its odd

why would you think it's a firing squad

They're riot control. It's the Kent State Massacre.

The National Guardsmen at Kent State in 1970 (which this scene is referencing) did indeed have bayonets fitted

Shame they only killed 4 commie faggots.

>Kent State Massacre.

>4 people dead

Damn hippies

thanks for that. Surely it was a scare tactic to use them?

I guess so, it's an intimidating sight after all

or, you know, to protect themselves in case the much larger group of people bum rushed them

there was something like 2000 kids throwing rocks and shit when they were told to disperse, and fewer than 100 national guardsmen

it wasn't a planned massacre, it was just a situation involving people ill-equipped to handle it that expectedly got out of hand

fuck off Sup Forums

does it make you mad when the truth turns out different than the narrative?

If anything if off here it's that the movie depicts the troopers as MPs for some reason, but I suppose the Watchmen timeline is "darker" (after all the casualties in this case would have been much higher) so that makes sense. Also no-one at Kent was putting flowers in barrels, that was more of a Berkeley thing, but I guess the image was so iconic they decided to use it. Again, alternate timeline.

You faggots and bringing Sup Forums up out of nowhere are so boring at this point.

>ah! an answer to a question someone asked has a political bias. I must tell this person to leave

WTF?? I didn't know about that, i thought it was an alternate reality from the movie.
Kek, i've never thought this kind of shit could have happened in the US : Military killing unarmed civilians. This is dictator tiers state.

They were college liberals, they deserved it.

It was a put up by Governor Rhodes in order to win reelection as the law and order candidate.

they weren't commies, not even hippies. One was the heir to a sizeable fortune.

They purposely created a distraction to drive the students up the hill and toward the lined up and ready to shoot national guard.

They did this right while 8am classes were passing through.

My mom was a soph at KSU that year and was leaving her Shakespeare class. She avoided gunfire by running behind the tennis courts and hiding.

You must be 18 to use this website.

>WTF?? I didn't know about that, i thought it was an alternate reality from the movie
There's a pretty famous photo of it you see sometimes, it won a Pulitzer.

kys

>they weren't commies, not even hippies. One was the heir to a sizeable fortune.
Lots of communist cunts come from rich families, especially rich kike families. The anti-war movement was funded by the USSR and organized by marxists in the universities, this is not even a fucking secret. Sure, I admit that the students were just pawns in the game, but they were still agents of the enemy.

it wasn't really the military killing unarmed civilians, it was the national guard

it was more like armed civilians with a little military experience being ordered to disperse a mob of unarmed civilians that outrageously hated anyone in a uniform

you got rocks and shit flying at you, everyone's fucking screaming, someone fires their weapon, you don't know why, more people start firing, you start firing

it wasn't a politically motivated shooting, as in the national guard wasn't going DIE HIPPIE SCUM LONG LIVE NIXON, it was just stupid people doing stupid things, basically drunk driving but by a mob with guns

Governor Rhodes' biggest campaign backer? That fat faggot Dave Thomas of Wendy's. Fuck his corpse.

Revisionism is fun.

Paul Dano is there wtf

Most of rural conservative Americans actually had that sentiment though. As far as they were concerned, student protesters were trainers who deserved death. You should watch the news interviews about it from back then.

>Lots of communist cunts come from rich families, especially rich kike families. The anti-war movement was funded by the USSR and organized by marxists in the universities, this is not even a fucking secret. Sure, I admit that the students were just pawns in the game, but they were still agents of the enemy.

This was a teacher's college in Ohio for the middle class and upper middle class white children of people who lived in greater Cleveland/Akron/Canton area. This wasn't a campus of radicals.

Pull up their pictures on wikipedia and look at them. You probably have longer hair.

Oh yeah and all the killed were shot at between 80-120 meters so there was no danger at all.

if you really think someone said, Hey let's all get our guns, put on our bayonets, and then gun down some college students! and 100 people said SURE! then I don't think I can help you

Oh and they returned no indictments against the killers and Kent State never even put up a memorial plaque until about 10 years ago.

They covered over the massacre site and turned it into a parking lot.

Kent State's regents can go fuck themselves.

*tips fedora*