Alien: Covenant | “Prologue: Last Supper"

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXgRlRao5I

>The official prologue to Alien: Covenant introduces the crew of the mission as they gather for a final meal before entering cryosleep.

>Set aboard the Covenant, a colonization ship on its way to a remote planet to form a new human settlement, the main crew (all couples) and their android, Walter, enjoy their final meal together before cryosleep.

thoughts?

Who cares about the bait multicultural 'look we've got gays now too' advert propaganda.

I wanna talk about the story.

the big twists are going to be that the black Xenomorph was designed by David and not the engineers and he'll switch places with Walter at the end of the movie.

I speculate that either in this or the next movie, david will use the 2000 colonists on the covenant to make the eggs inside the Juggernaught in 'Alien', then either himself or somebody else crashlands it on LV426 to thwart his plan of fucking over humanity or something

ENDLESS TRASH

lel, learn to use the catalog

WTF is this a parody? those LMAO WEED guys are in this movie?

dropped

>get excited about the movie
>Franco, Mcbride

What the fuck.

Absolute fucking trash. Prometheus had the same ARG marketing faggotry going on.
Ridley Scott needs to die already.

maybe that faggot could title his thread, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

rebooting the mumblecore style of the original Alien. I should have known they would do this.

Also the hoola girl is the new version of that bird thing

>not liking Franco

why

>gay white male couple
>2 interracial couples, both black and white
>white female main character

into the trash it goes

what the fuck is that Seth Rogen lackey doing in this serious movie?

>hand-held camera

why

>Franco
>Kenny Powers
DUDE

>white female main character
Man I agree, the original Alien film was such pandering trash amirite?

>something hidden agenda
>something cyborg goes rogue
>something xenomorph carnage
>cut to sequel bait ending/sole survivor

>aww look who decided to leave his cryosleep chamber and join us!

Funny how that scene still completely BTFO the one of the OP from every point of vue.

Could they possibly have found a more unappealing heroine ?

Ok, Amu Schumer would be worse... but still... reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

she will die though so who cares

>female lead is a dog
>there will be no underwear Ripley equivalent scenes
DROPPED

they want the floppy white girl audience

>faggot couple
>TWO interracial couples
>only arseholes are the white couple
>NO EYE CANDY

fucking dropped

The short hair is the problem. She looks amazing with long hair.

I think she's kinda cute :3

Anyone got the leaks? I want to hear how they all die.

I'm actually glad none of them are Charlize Theron attractive, it was distracting how beautiful she was in a movie that's supposed to be scary

bunch of alt-right sjw moaning in these threads, jesus christ. you have become what you hate i guess.

>thoughts?

it's literally, figuratively objectively and subjectively taylor made for reddit

Prometheus hype threads were magical

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE DYED HAIR THIS IS SO UNREALISTIC AS THE FUTURE

>He doesn't like the man himself, McBride

You have a weak constitution and probably weak genes to boot

she looks nice. Better than a gorilla nigger or some "10/10" bimbo cunt

Digits don't lie

The religious allegories are nice and all, but have we worked out the bonus situation?

looks bad but i'll watch it in the kinographeria

she's cute

Well, shit.

DUDE GAY LMAO

>they will never make a synth of her...

Must say

must be telling us something.

were there such leaks?

>Danny McBride will survive and kill all the ayylmaos
(lol

James Franco dies during cryosleep
The other guy (Billy Crudup) he's talking to in the prologue becomes captain
The grill and Tennessee (Danny McBride) survives
99% of the crew die from neomorphs (white ayys) while the new captain gets facehuggered midway through the film
The captain dies via chestburster when they return to the Covenant and spawns a proto-ayylmao
David 1.0 kills all the Engineers by dropping their own goo at them and then later kills Shaw for his diabolical ebil experiments
David 2.0 is a good David but he gets blown away and then replaced by David 1.0 near the end
Tennessee (Danny McBride) will blow up David 1.0's lair, the neomorphs and the proto-ayy
The proto-ayy will kill a few dozen colonists aboard the Covenant and the grill and Tennesse will attempt to trap it via one of Covenant's disposable utility hatches
There's a scene where the proto-ayy murders a bunch of colonists in a throwback to the escape pod scene in Ayylmao: Resurrection
Unironically enough there's also a scene where the proto-ayy chases David 1.0 in a le epik Ayylmao 3 chase sequence where the proto-ayy murders random colonists who are running away.
Tennessee sets up a single remote turret to cover the grill and everyone else's escape but the proto-ayylmao dodges all of the shots. Clearly it was taking potshots at Cameron's Aliens.
In the final scene it shows Tennessee and the grill returning to cryosleep and David 1.0 smuggled ayylmao eggs and looks at an entire legion of cryosleeping colonists and he skips like a motherfucker

I am surprisingly okay with this.

>David 1.0 kills all the Engineers by dropping their own goo at them

source?

Remember the Engineer ship he and Shaw took in Prometheus?

It still carries goo and he dropped it on unsuspecting Engineers that wiped out all of them and turned their planet into shit in a flashback.

He also got repaired off-screen by Shaw during the trip so no talking head with wires and shit on it.

why did they bring gay people to start a new human colony?

this, I'm not seeing this retarded trash

They are really trying to recreate the whole "real crew-feel" that the original Alien had going. Which is a good thing.

>(all couples)

Her in short hair is growing on me.

is she about to join a kirk alien gangbang?

they didn't really think it through when they decided to bring genetic dead ends along... but they got to keep pushing the agenda

Link to original leak?

I won't even bother to read this desu

>Franco
why?

Difference was the female character turned out to be a twist as the main character, this is forced

danny mcbride can't act for his life

>The twist this time is Danny "Tenn" McBride is the main character.

>colonization mission
>sending a gay couple

That's not how you build a healthy society

Was the colony ship going one way or returning. If it was returning then having a gay couple is not that huge of a deal.

i have nothing against gays but this is really fucking stupid

Dumb question.

Is the ship returning?

Otherwise why would you put gays to a distant colony. Doesn't that break the point (barring it some weird ass shaker colony)

A prequel to a horror released some time prior to the main thing?

Holy shit. Movies are taking something from videogames (I'm talking about P.T. and RE7: Beginning Hour)

Goddamn, the shot continuity was awful. I lost count of the number of times that in a cut where no time was supposed to have passed, people were looking in distractingly different directions and things.

Well, that was dull.

>expecting Paradise to be full of wonders and eldritch shit and fucked up physics
>dude it's like earth lmao
Ridley is completely senile

Jesus, can you type this out without all the stupid memes?

Directed by his son, what do you expect?

>tfw no blockbuster director daddy to allow me to order the cast around

The cinematography is atrocious, like a TV B-movie. What the fuck?

Why everything looks more modern that in Alien???

They seem like real people and looks fun before they get slaughter.

Looks great.

Brand new ship, while the Nostromo was a shitcan that had been working for 30 plus years.

Why didn't they just cast MEW?

>Not wanting to see Kenny fucking Powers call Xenomorphs space fucking faggots

>you now remember how insanely hyped everyone was for Prometheus yet no one cares about this 3 months from release

We didn't ask for a dull Aliens clone but that's what we're getting

This, why isn't it being mentioned more? Like a fucking film school student shot it

Ridley's kid shot it

This sounds awful. Why not build on the mythology from Prometheus?

What mythology? That shit was mostly a mess. This is supposedly the home planet, so surely we'll see some advancement on that front.

why not his bro, we'd get top gun in space or something? oh wait

Is it autistic that I am mainly annoyed that the marines have contemporary weapons and not the Aliens weapons?

Clearly not given they land on a lifeless planet which should I instantly tell you the engineers are dead/gone

What a fucking disappointment. I don't want another boring shitty slasher flick

she already did the hollywood equivalent of getting BLACKED by doing the thing prequel

Dude one of the niggers fuck a white girl in the shower lmao

I suppose I have to ask why do you care about the engineers? I thought they were a worthless addition to the universe. There was not enough information about them for them to even pique my interest. They seemed kind of bullshit.

Look user your moms dildo has arrived

>James Franco
>Danny McBride

Is this a fucking Judd Apatow movie?

Why are are there homosexuals on a colonization mission?

So you don't care that they answer the first scene from Prometheus when the engineer commits sudoku?

Why do people think that they plan on populating the planet with only 12 people?

Must be a ship full of colonists in cryo sleep, or it's straight bullshit. One of the two .

>White girl starts choking
>Little black boi helpless to do anything
>Alpha white man strides forwards and saves her with a single powerful strike

Calm down Scott!

would be interesting to see the results after a few generations starting with 12

Just fuck my hollywood career up.

Regardless of whether they're taking embryos or stasis pods or whatever else with them, you still logically wouldn't bring along gays. It's a pure conservational; you have to be as efficient as possible on this sort of mission. It doesn't make sense to do this over taking another straight couple to produce and raise a family.

There would be thousands in cryosleep. NASA has said they would want 10,000 for a space colony.

You could go with only 16, but that would require everyone to have babies (the island of Tristan and its 200-300 settlers are all from 16 people. They are all healthy except 1/2 have asthma.)