These are Southern Chinese. Do they look "Chinese" to you? Don't they look more SEA than Chinese?

These are Southern Chinese. Do they look "Chinese" to you? Don't they look more SEA than Chinese?

look like my Vietnamese neighbors

No, they look Chinese

Arr rook de same.

My parents' friend is Chinese but looks more like these people than your average Han. What ethnic group is this considered?

Looks SEA.

This is a Southern Chinese man. Does he look Chinese to you?

yea, have you never seen cantonese movies, that face is everywhere

they look like human garbage

literally 70% of the asians here look like that (sf bay area)

That's because most of the Chinese who went to SF in the 19th-20th centuries came from Southern China.

Southern Chinese on the left.

Northern Chinese on the right.

Does this person look more Chinese or more SEA?

it's a big country, though the genetic divide is still smaller than america

You seem to be of Southern Chinese stock. Which province are your parents from?

It's almost like China isn't a homogenous country.

Are you Southern Chinese?

shanghai, their parents and their parents parents

>Southern Chinese stock
Oh dog, only on Sup Forums.

SOME, Southern Chinese are genetically closer to Vietnamese than they are to Northern Chinese. Some Northern Chinese are closer to Mongols than Southern Chinese. However majority of Han Chinese are more similar than different.

what's up with all these weird asian race threads about southern and northern chinese or yayoi and jomon japanese?

Daily reminder that Northern Chinese are the true Chinese.

they are han chauvinists, born of privilege and thinks all chinese people look like bruce lee

I thought China had five main ethnicities or something.

The Chinese nation's definition is only people who use kanji. Tribes and customs are quite different between the north and the south of China. Each region's own language is not a dialect but a completely different language.

t. Bolo Yeung-looking motherfucker

t. spoil brat

At first sight I thought they were filipino

Take that back!!! They look perfectly Chinese!!

fellow seaniggers

they have like 7 or more

This desu. Han Chinese is a bullshit imaginary race.

Bruce Lee is Cantonese. The furthest from Northern Han you can get.

i know but that's their image of chinese people, ironic

Southeast Asians have significant Chinese blood in them, so this is not surprising.

Bruce Lee was a quarter-White.

They look like flips.

They say that the People's Republic of China has the five main ethnic groups, namely, the Chinese, Manchurian, Mongolian, Tibetan and Uigur. But the Chinese themselves are gatherings of various ethnic groups.

I know. Bruce had an English maternal grandmother.

>This is a Southern Chinese man. Does he look Chinese to you?
I'm not convinced that's a male or female.

Most speak Chinese dialects though.
Modern Mandarin (putonghua) is based upon the lingua franca of the 1700's.

>white grandmother
Dont tell that to the AMWF poster

Bruce Lee's dad looks canto as fuck.

They look peruvian

>Bruce Lee was a quarter-White
It's why he could get sick gains and didn't look like a squinting Yoda.

Not exactly. The majority of Chinese people are of Han descent due to widespread north-to-south migrations. The Roman Empire is more of what you're thinking of.

The fuck is that?

WE WUZ NORTHERNERZ

>The fuck is that?
How have you not encountered that autistic? American flag, starts threads with pictures of AM with WF and keeps going while pretending it's incredibly common. He also starts it in other people's threads.

They're literally an admixture of Han and Southeast Asian. What are you trying to get at?

There are more than 50 ethnic groups in China.

In China, every time the dynasty changed, ethnic groups also changed. And many of the indigenous people were killed or wandered abroad. Hakka people are descendants of such ancient Chinese.

>What are you trying to get at?

What are YOU trying to get at?

Actually, Hakka people have She people admixture.

Yeah, you make no sense.

I don't look at Asian threads much. I am usually on the Greek ones. But I have seen a lot of the "southern han aren't real chinese!" crap from /his/. If they aren't Chinese then places like Hong Kong and Taiwan should be free from China.

In China, almost no old life culture remains. The Chinese people often make it the cause of the Cultural Revolution, but in reality the cultural tradition has ceased because the ethnic groups has been replaced.

>In China, almost no old life culture remains. The Chinese people often make it the cause of the Cultural Revolution, but in reality the cultural tradition has ceased because the ethnic groups has been replaced.

It's him!

Then what happened to Japan?

Looks Cambodian.

>She people

What a bunch of pussies.

I'd buy it if you told me this was Mexico

Left: Southern Chinese

No, their ancestors are nomads who lived outside the Great Wall. They aren't descendants of the Chinese people in the era of Annals of the Three Kingdoms and Records of the Grand Historian of China.

poorer cantonese don't get much exposure but if you watch older cantonese movies you would know

this.

What happened to the "original" Chinese then? I guess the original Chinese are up to end of the Jin dynasty (5th cent.)?

South China is in SEA I think, they speak Tai which is a type of Thai.

Holy shit this can't be real.

Don't tell me you're actually falling for this Sup Forums meme. It's impossible to displace an original population when they number in the millions. It's like suggesting that modern and ancient Egyptians have no genetic connection because a couple thousand Arabs was able to destroy a population of ten million Egyptians.

These are Southern Chinese girls.

Guangdong ladies

there are different time periods in migration
first during end of jin (sima) then before tang, then liao and jin (mongol) then before ming and the last great major one was song

it is hard to image whole regions of china depopulated but the progression from north to south is pretty evident

however, chinese did not disappear unlike japanese nationalists like to claim they were just ruled by foreigners with major foreign population in their cities who settled down

but the converse is true for southern china as well where the majority of unsinicized natives lived so they have added to them to their population to but this is not unique, dynasties have been adding non-sinic people since before the qin (unification) era

op and japanese nationalists are committing a reductionists paradox, if they go far enough there are no chinese people

Every time the dynasty changes in China, the population was drastically decreasing

Chinese are based civic nationalist

that's a guy
t. chinese

the most famous of pre-qin non-sinic is the expansion of qin into the bashu basin and the multi/cultural-lingual evidence of the chu population

Yeah, because of war and mass migration, not some dramatic genetic shift.
>The Han Chinese are the largest ethnic group in the world, and their origins, development, and expansion are complex. Many genetic studies have shown that Han Chinese can be divided into two distinct groups: northern Han Chinese and southern Han Chinese. The genetic history of the southern Han Chinese has been well studied. However, the genetic history of the northern Han Chinese is still obscure. In order to gain insight into the genetic history of the northern Han Chinese, 89 human remains were sampled from the Hengbei site which is located in the Central Plain and dates back to a key transitional period during the rise of the Han Chinese (approximately 3,000 years ago). We used 64 authentic mtDNA data obtained in this study, 27 Y chromosome SNP data profiles from previously studied Hengbei samples, and genetic datasets of the current Chinese populations and two ancient northern Chinese populations to analyze the relationship between the ancient people of Hengbei and present-day northern Han Chinese. We used a wide range of population genetic analyses, including principal component analyses, shared mtDNA haplotype analyses, and geographic mapping of maternal genetic distances. The results show that the ancient people of Hengbei bore a strong genetic resemblance to present-day northern Han Chinese and were genetically distinct from other present-day Chinese populations and two ancient populations. These findings suggest that the genetic structure of northern Han Chinese was already shaped 3,000 years ago in the Central Plain area.
Even still Chinese people have numbered in the millions since ancient times, and they always outnumbered their invaders. If there was a lot of genetic mixing with northern invaders then we would see a huge Chinese imprint on their genetics due to patrilineality (as it would be the men marrying out) but we don't.

The Chinese has always been slightly darker than other east Asians

That painting is your proof?

it's good proof, back then only women could be that white

and emperors

That's a Japanese work. Japs always try to portray themselves as whiter than other asians because they wuz honorary aryans and shiettt

So 1 painting is enough to prove that Chinese are darker than Japanese.

Fucking Bravo!

no, they look chinese to me

notice the different colored faces
die idiot

how china saw color is radically different from the west

Not all of them of course, chinese are mixed and diverse, ranging from Korean-Jap tier to filipino tier types

>die idiot

Good argument, retard.

Probably it is dirty that he is dark. Some Japanese records from the time show the Chinese people are filthy even the noble people.

I'm calling bullshit on this.

Kinda looks Mexican t.b.h.

China's big and has much more ethnic variety than other Asian countries and a long history,
55 ethnic minorities and they had the Silk Road meaning they did a lot of trade with the 'outside' world and other parts of Asia
so, yeah, Chinese look more varied than say [spoiler] the Japanese [/spoiler]

Looks like Phillephino

Looks like Fillaphino

They look like Indog

Mexican Asian aka filipinos