Oh god this shit again

Oh god this shit again

>hey everyone I have gathered you here today because we need to come up with a new show that will put FX on the map again

>Oh I have an idea, what if we remake Poldark, but istead of the hero coming back from the American civil war, he's coming back from Africa

>Africa.... Voodoo Magic.... MAKE IT HAPPEN

>everyone says *nootka* and nods in agreement

kek, absolutely awful even by FX standards

Go enjoy the new marvel movie, kiddo.

Is Poldark shot compellingly for a scandiseries? How does its camerawork compare to Wolf Hall or Mad Men for example?

This is a very important question.

Honestly poldark is the only good series to come out of the UK since "The Thick of it"

The THick of it is comedy, a comparison that produces no information when asking about drama camerawork. Sorry, that basic ignorance invalidates your opinion to me.

Oh sorry to have disappointed you mate, this will keep me up at night

It should. I still don't know whether to pick up Poldark or just go with it's a waste of time, OP could not even defend its merits.

The point of the thread was never about the greatness of poldark.. it was meant to be a dig at how unoriginal the whole "X comes back from Y having been thought dead only to find his father's estate is in ruins but hold on.. theres a catch.."

Poldark did it first and did it better that's all

But how could I respond to your opinion if we don't share the same cultural knowledge you're using to benchmark Taboo, since I haven't seen Poldark? So I tried coming at it the other way asking what cinematic properties does Y share with X, since I judge those elements more appealing than plot.

Ah I see, I thought you're just doing the typical Sup Forums poster and made myself look like an idiot..

Poldark is actually beautifully shot, it's not gritty and dark in the way taboo is.. if you enjoy scenic shots of the British country side, the rocky beaches of Cornwall etc. Then poldark is a must see

Be warned though it has an element of roastie drama in it that's not for everyone but the story is absolutely phenomenal

*reads thread angrily*
*points at the two arguing posters*

Be very care ful...hnhmmm...nootka...

And who's been telling you all this shit?
Mmhm?

>the only good series to come out of the UK since

everything brits make is much better than whatever comes from the US, so

This is a lie britcuck. A lie that had been told for far too long and I won't have it uttered again

Alright. In to the watchlist it goes.

I'm not even british m8

This may surprise you user, but before movies came along, the main sources of entertainment came from theatre and literature. So, you see, it's really easy for anyone who knows this to turn around and say "hur durr poldark is old and unoriginal itself hur durr". My point is that we should judge things based on how enjoyable they are to us, not based on whether or not something is original. Because the Greeks will always have done it first. I assure you.

>It's a cuckposter

Britfag here, can confirm we make some proper gash tv too. I'd say America has a greater amount of shit tv, but that's only because more shows get made out there, more channels etc. The ratio of good to shit tv in both countries is probably near identical.

>implying I'm an american

I'm just an outside, impartial observer

>It's a shitskin

Opinion invalid

Still wrong, but keep trying

>It's a woman

No, missed again

American independence war** sorry

>It's a "Canadian poster pretends not to fall under American adjective" episode

Oh, come on now, I told you I'm not a cuck. That kinda rules out me being Canadian.

>It's a scandanavian numale thinks he's not a cuck episode

At least you're closer geographically now

>It's a midetteranean moor thinks his opinion is valid episode

Then you're a confirmed cuck

As much as I enjoy this exchange, you're still wrong. As mentioned before, I'm not a shitskin

Oh god I hope it isnt a Frenchman.

>it's another German welcomes refugees and has shit taste in tv episode

That would make me a supreme cuck, wouldn't it?

>that will put FX on the map again
What? FX is killing it. Just recently American Crime Story won shit loads of awards. They got Americans, Legion, Fargo, Sunny, and many other that can't remember right now. What are you on about?

Poldark is uninspired boring shit though, with a protagonist that has zero charisma and no compelling characters whatsoever.

I don't give a shit about the novel.

Besides, the dark and brooding, possibly dangerous, rumored-to-be-influenced-by-the-devil protagonist is a typical trope of Gothic fiction. Now add incest, a legacy of madness in the family and a dark, crumbling mansion with a depressed servant (or set of servants), and you have you typical Gothic story. Hint black magic in there for good measure too.

Both Poldark and Taboo are classic Gothic stories, expect Poldark is lacklustre at its best and utterly bad at its worst.

>b-but Taboo is boring
This is clearly not your genre then.

>Americans
>Not on the way out

>Legion
>Not completely unnecessary

>Fargo
>I'm sorry when is the next season?

>Sunny
>Not utter reddit

>What are you on about?
He probaly only watches Netflix Marvel shows and has the impression that everything else outside that is failing.

The Nootka defense Force is in full shill-mode today

Okay, Taboo is shit. What show should I watch then? Which one do you think is good, if Taboo is shit?

It's a great show, probably best this year, maybe even last 2 years.
Despite all the memery it still remains interesting and very engaging.

Give me a genre and/or setting.

Go crazy, I'm into anything except romantic comedies.

Non-answer... What are your favorite 3 shows of all time?

I wanted a recommendation and you keep asking me retarded questions.

Recommend me a fucking show since Taboo is apparently shit, along with my opinions.

Don't ask me what I like, my taste is evidently shit. Tell me what I should like. Go ahead.

>Talking to me like I owe you shit

Fuck off mate.. I want to give you recommendations for good television because you're an obvious plebian but you won't tell me your top 3 shows, which I need to recommend you something you'll enjoy. Not to make fun of you

Okay then, so I can safely discard your garbage opinions, since you just proved that you only hate this show to jump on the contrarian Sup Forums bandwagon.

Well done, m8, now hmmmmm.... fuck off.

Right.....

Good day to you too, fag

Now kiss.

>requires the other person to give him his favourites so he can ridicule him and further dodge giving any recommendations, so he doesn't have to subject his taste to judgement

you're pathetic
either recommend 3 of your favourite shows or fuck off forever

Except I clearly said I need his 3 favorite shows to give him good recommendations based on his taste NOT to ridicule him. It's obvious he has trust issues because his parents and school mates made fun of him for the smallest things...

How would me giving him my 3 favorite shows be helpful? I need his 3 favorites to recommend him something to his taste..... Not mine

Dumb Nootka poster

>It's obvious he has trust issues
Oh, that's quite ironic coming from you. So why don't you give me 3 of your favourites so I can know what you consider good tv and start from there?

OK

>M*A*S*H
>The Thick of It
>Frasier

Top5

Add

>GoT
>Anthony Bourdain's series before he broke up with his wife

Please call me a pleb like you wanted to all along I'm dying for it

>just watched ep 7
>getting caught was part of his plan
>wearing a mask for half the episode

he's doing this on purpose

>call me a pleb
Idk m8, Don't know most of your stuff except for MASH and GoT. I like MASH, but GoT past S2 is kinda shit.

>Doesn't know the thick of it
>Doesn't know Frasier
>Doesn't know Anthony Bourdain

You do realize this is an 18+ website right?

You do realize not everyone is an American, right?

So? I'm not an American.. You're either a small child or an ignorant plebian.

WATCH IT user hmm

>So?
So the access to the mostly American culture is somewhat limited in a 3rd world country like my own

>You're either a small child or an ignorant plebian.
Ahh, there it is

I actually made this thread as bait. I should start watching it. it actually seems right up my alley

I am from a third world country in the Middle East therefore you can't pull that shit.. access to good television and taste doesn't depend on where you're from. You're just shit

you'll be hmming with us in no time

Kek. You're cool user

HMMMM, NODS HEAD ANGRILY
***RUBS NOSE AND CASTS SPELL***
CASUALLY FUCKS SISTER IN DREAM
NOSE FLARING INTENSIFIES

Thank you for your input. The interaction with you has really been an enlightening experience.

Take care friendo

capeshit fan pls go and stay go

Oh, I will do just that m8

That's what I was thinking. FX is actually one of the better channels on tv these past few years.

Are you threatening me?

Just moving on lad
I'm unable to hold a grudge

>plebian

Stop calling people things if you can't even spell them correctly you insufferable faggot.

It's an alternative spelling you autistic drone

hmmm... be.... ve-ry..... careful now.....

be very caaareful naw

ITT: EIC shills and FUCKING AMERICANS
I bet you fags don't even ghost-rape your sisters

>he can't do it

rofl