Stephen Colbert Is Late Night's Most Watched Show for the Third Straight Week

APOLOGIZE

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/stephen-colbert-is-late-nights-watched-show-third-straight-week-978528

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/19/populist-correctness-new-pc-culture-trump-america-brexit-britain
youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8
theguardian.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>So Trump

Why does his cuck appeal resonate so?

>linear television
LOL go to bed, gramps.

>being this triggered by late night talk shows

nice try with your memes

>guys guys GUY you just tell them theyre triggered instead

>watching political ads without getting paid

>it's only getting triggered when they do it! we're doing something different when we get mad at a tv show for politics!

Why aren't there more pictures of Evelyn McGee-Colbert's feet?

This is exactly what they are doing.
They wanted to "re-take" cuck.
And now this

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/feb/19/populist-correctness-new-pc-culture-trump-america-brexit-britain

>From the gender-neutral ashes of political correctness a new sort of PC culture has risen. You could call it populist correctness: a virulent policing of language and stifling of debate that is rapidly and perniciously insinuating itself into daily life in Trump’s America and Brexit Britain.

LITERALLY the hero we need

>The Late Show averaged 3 million viewers last week
HAHAHAHAHA this is considered a success by a major network, how fucking far has tv fallen??

what has he been talking about for those 3 weeks?

hopefully it's a wide variety of things

Hey man i'm just here for the celebrity feet pics. Shitting on Colbert is a bonus.

>However, Colbert still remains No. 2 in the key demo of adults 18-49. Fallon topped Colbert with a 0.67 rating over The Late Show's 0.54 rating, giving the SNL alum a winning margin of 24 percent.

Fucking boomers man

>OH MAN TEH SHOWS NEVER GET RATINGS LIEK THEY DID BEFORE THE INTERNET AND STREAMING SERVICES EVEN EXISTED

Good for him.

Idk about you, but those of us with real jobs go to bed before the show airs.

I was so amused to see this. Lefties are so unimaginative, I worry that Kek is literally destroying their cognition.

I just want liberals to be smarter.

>boomers
the boomers are not 49 and younger

>"FUCK YOU TRUMP!" says Colbert
>audience riots with laughter
>ratings skyrocket
>His job is secured for another year

>TEH

February 23rd, 2017 is the day you ran out of reasons to delay self termination

The point is is that without retarded boomers Colbert would be #2

They are the ones watching Colbert.

Alex Jones BTFO!

youtube.com/watch?v=A-HUbdEAxo8

I am now breathing manually

>Trump just this week

Don't people get tired of this? He's just rehashing the same shit every week

I don't know how anybody can watch his new show. It's just not funny. The audience spends more time clapping than laughing.

>this fact will be ironic and hilarious and therefore discredited if I post it in all caps

oh man, trump supporters on Sup Forums disapprove of me mocking them, guess i've really hit rock bottom lol

So somebody said that they count youtube views, how does that work? I watch Craig Ferguson on youtube sometimes and it's not like he appears anywhere when they compare those late night shows, why not?

ahh, I did misinterpret it

>and therefore discredited
... but that IS the reason that tv shows don't get the ratings they used to

>He's just rehashing the same shit every week
>every week

He does this shit every. single. night.

Liberals are desperate for a "Daily Show" type commentary on Trump. The actual "Daily Show" has gone to shit and the host is not funny. Trump has literally saved Stephen Colbert. If he lost the election, Colbert would be fired right now

Daily show with Jon Stewart and colbert had no gigantic amount of viewers either, didn't see butthurt fags bitch and moan about that in the past

LATE NIGHT TRUMP SHOW

I remember being in awe of Stephen Colbert. His interviewing style was great. "Disabuse me of my ignorance" is how he put the scenario. It allowed guests of any political stripe of background a fighting chance to present their ideas in a great light, with the thrills of a bit of argument and verbal combat. Smart people could reduce their positions to one or two stylized quips or lines and it was awesome.

His show had intellectual chops to it as well, even somewhat participating in government in a Journalist way through his "Better Know a District" series. I really wish that could have kept going until he literally visited all of them.

I knew at the time that all good things end, that all good celebrities become eventually rotten or just fade away. I knew it would eventually happen to Colbert, but I wondered how he'd go.

Apparently being a one dimensional political plant, pretending to be a comedian is how.

Also, his White House Correspondents speech wasn't funny, although it was ballsy.

>If he lost the election, Colbert would be fired right now
Sure, whatever makes you sleep at night

>Daily show with Jon Stewart and colbert
but they were on comedy central, whereas Colbert is now on CBS

aren't late shows meant to be comfy?
i tried to get into them recently, none of them felt comfy like those Craig Ferguson and Classic Conan clips on YouTube. even the way they talk seems a bit too hard now compared to my unearned 90s talkshow nostalgia fueled by youtube

What happened to John "Schlemiel" Leibowitz's new show on HBO?

>Also, his White House Correspondents speech wasn't funny, although it was ballsy.
I remember he said the same about it too

He was always a one dimensional political plant, it was just that he played the fool and you bought into his satire.

This faggot and the Pope made me leave Catholicism

new pope won't last long
he's gonna fall off a balcony real soon
i should know, my mom works at vatican

>although it was ballsy
How was it ballsy? Everyone and their grandma made fun of Bush. Nobody said anything when Obama did the same shit Bush did, now that would've taken balls.

BOOOOOOOOO

Alex is a patriot, bit insane but a good guy.

A lot more genuine than Colbert and most of the MSM guys.

He wasn't one dimensional, however. Certainly a liberal Catholic, he'd often find himself defending Catholicism to athiests or the otherwise ignorant. Being a liberal then I think allowed for more public disagreements with the party. This was the time when we were discussing torture and war and the meaning of American lives spent in the thousands.

>3 million
youtube really is killing TV

Its illegal to make fun of half white people who say theyre going to close guantanamo then just dont and also kill american citizens with drones

Its true, and I love all these dormant institutions rediscovering their purpose to investigate and report on the powerful, now that their team has been reduced to strategizing over PTA elections.

DUDE TRUMP LMAO

>calls him a jerk before showing the video
hoe unbiased

>The Late Show averaged 3 million viewers last week
Great, he gets almost 10% of Pewdiepie's viewer base
>television
>not dead

Alex Jones would be a lot better to hang out with than Colbert, because these Democrat-Neocon people are like robots programmed with whatever the current agenda is.

>Being the Most Watched late-show

>Being the least-dead member of a dying format

Whoopty-doo. This is like bragging you're the least filth-covered orange-peel in a garbage-pile.

>theguardian.com/

I'm sure it's an accurate reflection of reality and not biased clickbait trash.

I love how Trump supporters get triggered by any and all criticism or mockery of their messiah. You can't have your cake and eat it too, faggots. What else were you expecting to happen, everyone to just roll over and accept the orange clown unconditionally? You should have known better.

They have invented a new term "Populist Correctness" to combat "Political Correctness". That's neither biased or clickbait. Its just the stupidity of the left.

I literally prefer Fallon.

> My heart is exploding, my lungs are without air … my body is shaking, and tears are running down my face. Kaepernick … is refusing to stand for the national anthem.” But liberals are the sensitive snowflakes eh?
They know whoever wrote that wasn't serious... right?

>The left thinks they can win the meme war by investing more language that is used by noone but its followers

Let's purposely alienate everyone who wants to talk like normal humans and not use made up terms

>something makes more money and is more popular therefore it is better

Why do Americlaps think like this?

just world fallacy

results orientated

dumb americalsp

Your point being?

He, Trevor Noah, Bill Maher, John Oliver and seth myers are hilarious

Alex gets more viewers a day than any of these late night has-beens.

in the year 2017 you are still watching late night tv you should cut your dick off and duck tape it in your mouth

>Trump literally saving his career

Get ready for 4 years of rehashed shit
[Applause]

Alex is controlled opposition made to discredit conspiracy theories by lumping real conspiracies in with alien vampires and shit

Half the country got BTFO hard and they need an echo chamber to flee from the reality that their boogeyman president is getting good approval ratings by the public and is actually doing the things he promised, and none of the nightmare scenarios they painted before came true. They pretended Trump as president couldn't happen simply because it would be the end of the world. Now that it happened and everything is fine the dissonance is real.

>Trumptards get as easily triggered as leftcucks

American politics are adorable.

colbert used to be so subversive on comedy central but they fucking ruined it

>I-I-IM NOT TRIGGERED
>Y-YOURE TRIGGERED HAHA

Sorry cucko, someone like you already beat you to the punch.

Eh, I know plenty of people in my family who were convinced that Obama was the absolute worst thing that has ever happened to the country ever and if Hillary won we'd all die for sure.

Neither party has a monopoly on melodrama.

>Colbert has low ratings
"Cucks BTFO!"

>Colbert Is Late Night's Most Watched Show for the Third Straight Week
"It doesn't matter because late night shows shouldn't make fun of politics when it's my politics!"

No they didn't, he stopped being subversive when the party HE voted for won the elections. He simply was always biased as fuck.

>"It doesn't matter because late night shows shouldn't make fun of politics when it's my politics!"

Nobody said that cuck.

Alex Jones is a lousy person and one of the phoniest pieces of shit there is. He's also not a patriot, the only person he's ever cared about is himself. You only like him because he's a total Trump shill now that he realized that's what will get him some money.

Who makes threads every day whining about how those big meanies on tv made fun of their favorite politician?

But did they refuse to go to work and spend all day protesting and destroying things?

Even if we ignore his political opinions completely, he sells health products that are literal scams. Some of which are advertised as health products.

When your income is based on taking advantage of people, you can't be a good guy.

ets

No, but none of the super liberal people I know did that either.

Because both don't sanction pedophilia?

INTERDIMENSIONAL
PSYCHIC
VAMPIRES

I think the show is better for a Republican being in. It's much easier to make good comedy when you're punching up than down. That said, he does fall back on 'loltrump' rather than actual jokes more often than I'd like.

>Being so triggered by Trump that you dedicate your entire time-slot to belching-out low-IQ anti-Trump propaganda.

If people are "triggered" for calling Colbert unfunny, Colbert himself is some kind of cosmic singularity of SJW salt.

>Unironically being this triggered

Wew

>It's much easier to make good comedy when you're punching up than down.

Daily reminder that there are people on Sup Forums unironically using terms like this, and there are people still denying that the Tumblr-invasion is real.

>No, but none of the super liberal people I know did that either.

And tons of liberals did exactly that, though. Why does it matter whether you knew them or not? It still happened.

>making fun of the president is somehow not punching up
What?

Tons of conservatives speak in tongues and dance with venemous snakes on Sunday morning. Do they represent all Christians or all conservatives?

Please, read the entire post. Most left-leaning political comedy type deals were incredibly boring for the past eight years since Obama was in. They were essentially making fun of the crippled kid. Now they're making fun of the people actually in power and making decisions. It gives them more material to work with and a more interesting angle than 'LAUGH AT THESE PEOPLE WHO CURRENTLY HAVE LESS POLITICAL POWER THAN YOU'.
Unless you're suggesting that it's not 'punching up' to be making fun of the people in control of both houses, the White House and having a step up in the Supreme Court. In which case I think you need to get back to Sup Forums since you're clearly too easily triggered to be posting outside it.

>were incredibly boring for the past eight years since Obama was in
and it doesnt bother you at all how they blatantly ignore everything bad obama did?

>If I dig hard enough I can find bad people in a group!

How great for you.

How many snake-handlers were marching on Washington last week?

When's the last time Baltimore or Charlotte or UC Berekly got shut down with massive. violent riots do to Christians?

You're very clearly an embarrassed libshit with an agenda to push, and you're running damage-control.
Liberals are currently a hurricane of salt and butthurt and the fact that they can't go a single week without blocking freeways and flipping cars and pepper-spraying white women for wearing MAGA hats is readily-apparent testimony to this. And with this being the Information Age, you can't hide it any more. Every American with access to YouTube has seen how leftists have gone full Nazi these past two years whereas their opposition hasn't.

Stop being intentionally disingenuous and call a spade a fucking spade.

There are violent christians, doesnt mean we should to hold them to the same amount of scrutiny as Muslims, because only one religion gets triggered regularly by cartoons.

People on the left make fun of the right. People on the right make fun of the left. Stop the fucking presses. A show intended as comedy has no obligation to be fair and balanced.