this
he's to good darn classic

If I had to explain him in one word? Classic

C

Because he is the son of Daniel Day Lewis and Michael Emerson

L

He's just a classic actor.

A

Is this "Classic" meme ironic? Because I unironically think that Dano is a good actor

A

S

he is the quirky indie darling

but he is not consistent, some performances have been great and others have been lackluster

still much more interesting to watch than 99% other actors

He's a classically trained actor. He takes it up a few notches beyond your Jennifer Lawrences and Jamie Foxxes.

Best way to characterize it is Dano's incredible use of cowardice in his characters. He plays pathetic worms better than anyone else and it's fascinating to see him in action.

I

C

There's just something classy about him, no wait that doesn't sound quite right, but you get my point.

Meme's aside, he doesn't have classical hollywood leading man looks, is not afraid to get dirty with his roles, and for the majority of posters who were around when he meme'd, his first role that brought him to our consciousness was TWBB where he was absolutely fearless about being a sniveling, aggrieved, wary cunt, a performance so powerful he hasn't topped it yet. His debut to public consensus was a lesser actor's career performance.

S

CLASIC

I liked him in Westworld