Just marathoned Arrival. Was it globalist propaganda?

And if it wasn't, why is that my interpretation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_2oLf5lA_qs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Marathoned a 2 hour movie

Are you retarded?

Are you?

> 2 hour movie
> 116 minutes

Hmm...

fresh off the r*ddit garbage scow heh buddy?

lurk more

>alien threat comse to Earth
>based ruskies and chinks immediately move in to fuck them up
>americans bend over like the good cucks they are

Not a globalist, but I think the only way the earth would properly unite is through alien invasion. Of course, that will never happen so we wont.

>arrival
>globalist propaganda
sure. sure it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=_2oLf5lA_qs

>tfw the movie basically amount to anti Russian/Chinese propaganda
>Americans are intelligent and measured in their response while the other powers resort to chest thumping machismo at the slightest provocation

Who the fuck thinks shooting at a Type 3 4D alien civilization is a good idea? Maybe if you want them to casually destroy the planet before leaving.

>tfw no aliens will ever arrive on our planet and cleanse it of asians

>>Because they're the aliens

teach me how to marathon 1 movie user..seriously is this some new meme ? wtf

Yes. I originally phrased it as communism when I left the theater, but I think a combo of the two is more accurate.

The whole "language makes man into fourth dimensional beings that perceive time simultaneously so they can communicate and cooperate without the obstacle of time" thing is some pretty politically stinted shit, even though no one really talks about that when Arrival comes up in my experience. I love the boldness of the hypothesis, regardless of the fact that any and all things regarding acting and plot and the course of humanity given such circumstances is entirely speculative. Love how bold the subject matter is, but nah yeah that definitely could be seen as propaganda

The film becomes the farthest thing from rewatchable after you realize it too lmao

>Destroy the planet
They don't even need to do that

>Alien Civilization gets wind that its diplomatic envoys were destroyed
>Sends a giant ship with cargo filled with scraps
>Spend a few days/weeks setting it on various low-ish orbits around earth, dumping junk into space
>Humanity can kiss goodbye to getting out into space for the next century or two at least, while they figure out if it's worth destroying us, or if they should rather just make a reality TV show out of the soon ensuing World War 3 launched in retaliation of someone fucking up all of Humanity's chances at a Space Age, and First Contact in one fell swoop

>gets wind
Stopped reading there

They're 4D, which means the aliens always knew it was never going to happen; in fact, there was no potential alternative outcome because they knew and got exactly what they came to earth for

No worries tho I'm pretty convinced Sup Forums didn't understand the movie

Go back, you're not wanted.

Bait

I'm talking in general with alien civilizations, because the post I was replying to, was dealing with the idea of humans not knowing the extent of how these beings function, and still attacking them.

No worries tho, I'm pretty sure there's plenty of people here who think because they deduced one level of a statement, they understood the entire thing.
They probably also thought Arrival and Interstellar were fiendishly clever too.

The basic fucking premise of the aliens needing help is flawed. If they see the future then they can prepare so the issue isn't an issue. There's nothing humanity can do besides fit in doorways that the ayylmaos can't.

You've got a good point, but that's not the issue.

The way the story's set up, it basically says the future is unchangeable. Everything happens exactly one way, and one way only. The only way they can solve the problem, is by getting the humans, because the problem was already solved in the future, with the humans. They perceived no future where the problem isn't solved, because there can exist none, by the basic logic of how seeing the future works for them. As they don't see the future, the future is happening at the same time, so really, the future is just as fixed as the present and the past.

The real issue is, that this species even has a concept of "solving a problem".

How the hell do you figure out what avoiding a problem is, if throughout your entire existence, it's utterly impossible to change what will happen?
You know if something bad is going to happen, and it's inevitable that it happens, because it already did happen, in the future, which is also your past.

To these creatures, the entirety of their life is effectively a movie, in which they watch every scene and frame simultaneously.
The movie is not going to change its events regardless of what you want or do.

what a gay ass movie