Hey dude lets torture and castrate a bunch of boys and then give them weapons and military training...

>hey dude lets torture and castrate a bunch of boys and then give them weapons and military training. surely they will serve us well
Why is GRRM such a hack. Nobody ever used slave armies in the real world.

Eh you're right in that they don't have any incentive to fight but there were slave armies in history.
Look up the ottoman jannisaries they could actually make career an later on marry but I'm sure even before that they had bastards everywhere in istanbul.

They were "slaves", insofar that they were taken from their families against their will.
But they actually had a lot of influence in Ottoman Empire. Evenso, using jannisaries was a very risky thing indeed and almost killed the Ottoman Empire

>castrate them
>source of testosterone plummets
>unable to attain muscle mass required for martial training

ebin writing

>Nobody ever used slave armies in the real world.
There are a lot of examples of slave armies.

Islam in all stripes is very well noted for that.

To be fair, war horses were castrated, to make them more docile and disciplined
I bet GRRM got his idea from there

tbf the show used actors/extras who were way skinnier than expected. Grey Worm is a manlet

Fuck that shit. They're all thinking "As soon as I get on the battlefield, I'm going to defect to literally any side that didn't cut my fucking dick off."

this
from the books, i always imagined the unsullied to be chubby and soft

the Turkic Mamluke slave army actually revolted agains their Samanid masters and created the Ghaznavid dynasty.

a similar slave revolt happened when the Mamluke Sultanate of Cairo was established from Circassian/Turkic slave soldiers.

Also, the whole business idea of selling unsullied is fucking retarded
>"he man i am at war, i need 10.000 soldiers"
>"here you go"
>5 months later
>"oh shit, the war is going bad, I need another 10.000"
>"sure thing, just wait another 10 years until we have trained them"

Only they weren't. Destriers and other god-tier war horses were insanely expensive, it would be like scrapping a Lamborghini for the lulz.

>lets castrate boys we're going to use as warriors so they're weak like women

>lets torture and castrate a bunch of boys and then give them weapons and military training
A LOT cheaper than having to pay for soldiers. Can you even imagine how high your people's tax rate would be to sustain that?

janissaries were not eunechs you morons

They were held in check by an intricate system of penalty taxation.

why doesn't GRRM just go the full nine yards and make them an army of strong women instead?

>he didn't realise the symbolism of a woman leading a bunch of dickless men
lmao Sup Forums really is full of plebs

while not soldiers, having eunuch guards was common among the Arabs

that is so the inferior nigger slaveguards wouldn't try to fug any of the girls in the harems appointed for superior Arab dick

How about an army of female tax auditors?

Destriers were rarely used except by vain spoiled noblemen. Their terrible discipline (especially if there were mares in estrus nearby) made it very impractical.

Further, you can avoid a lot of the loss of muscle mass from castration by gelding them later instead of as soon as they hit puberty. Besides, discipline, equipment, and training are the most important factors on a battlefield. Strength does matter of course, but a eunuch is not as weak as a woman.

Janissaries were royal guards. They didn't actively take part in wars other than protecting the sultan.

At the later years of the Ottoman Empire, Janissaries revolted and overthrew the sultan frequently just so they could get the "new sultan bonus" they got every time a new sultan sat on the throne.

It was a pretty fucking retarded idea in general and they finally got rid of the system in the 19th century by executing the whole lot.

what was their tax policy?

>tfw Mahmud II literally "Order 66"th them

You would keep them for breeding purposes. Would you castrate a $10 000 champion dog because he gets a little rowdy around a bitch in heat?

>strength does matter

Ever done HEMA?

the show is so unabashedly cucked that you know that kind of metaphor is above him

OP is retarded

>the show is so unabashedly cucked that you know that kind of metaphor is above him
lol danerys is portrayed as a weak and ineffectual leader who fucks up her city so badly she has to flee it with all her friends dead

did you think ANY american author or writer ever had an original idea?

>HEMAfag

Opinion immediately discarded into nearest waste receptacle

Please elaborate.

Obviously they would keep training a maintainable flow of unsullied.
Not that its a good business strategy anyway. It would be cheaper and easier to just hire mercenaries instead.

The material addresses this and acknowledges that Unsullied are physically weaker than normal soldiers (but they compensate for it through superior discipline).

You realize he stole that idea from real life history , right?
>what are mamelukes
>what are janissaries
GRRM is a hack

>Dannys team consists of women, eunuchs and a meme dwarf, so no actual man in power.
>Lannister team has Cersei as leader, no one else in power
>Strongest fighter in the universe is Arya who kills all Frey men in a gruesome way but spares the women because fuck white cis men
>writers self insert Sam is a cuck

The show is clearly feminazi propaganda

Neither of which were eunuchs.

Hashashins were voluntarily castrated since they believed that sexual temptation was the single biggest obstacle to carry out their missions in assassinating high profile Arab/Crusader targets.

>incompetent
>super incompetent
>basically a boy
>guy gets treated like a pussy would irl
it's really not feminist propaganda considering all the rape n shit

there has never existed an "army of eunuchs" or of women in the history of humanity

Did they have mostly female targets?

>cut off their balls
>they grow up low T manlets

BRAVO MARTIN

actually it's the other way round, cutting off your balls makes you grow taller

testosterone makes you into a manlet

No but their targets were mostly likely in Harems filled with women.

They would also dress up like women wearing the muslim curtains and all to get close and stabb them with daggers.

The material is fucking shit then.

What kind of retard would think castration ia good for a soldier when they fought in melee combat.

Hell eunuchs didnt even make good regular slaves.

So much for GOT """"""""realism""""""""

wat? proof.

Numale femnazis propaganda.

>There is an opinion that a eunuch grows far taller than a normal man. Evidence for this is that there are old descriptions of Castrati being very tall. It is supposed to be because the places where growth occurs, especially in legs and arms, (the epiphyseal plates) do not seal over until later in life, so that the individual grows taller than normal.