cast it.

Jessica Chastai as Jessica desu

>Arrival director

So we can be sure it will suck.

What could have been...

Adam Driver as Paul

Make your bets on which roles ((they)) will sneak in niggers to play
>Stilgar

>IT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE GREATEST GUYZ I SWEAR!

Alejandro, fuck off.

Just cast Idris Elba as everything and CGI it so it looks like there's a hundred of him doing whatever.

Paul Muad'dib played by Idris Elba

Chani played by Gal Gadot

Baron Harkkonen played by Jonah Hill

Feyed played by Sting

paul - fassbender
leto - robert redford
jessica - katy perry
gurney halleck - why the fuck not jean luc picard?
duncan idaho - george clooney
doctor yueh - jason bateman
baron harkonnen - phillip seymour hoffman
feyd - shia lebeuf
irulan - emily blunt
chani - zoe saldana
stilgar - ray stevenson

A shit movie that has nothing to do with Dune?
Glad we dodged that bullet.

Doesn't know Villeneuve

get out.

Why the fuck are you calling it a reboot

IT'S A NEW ADAPTATION OF THE SAME SOURCE MATERIAL

THAT'S NOT THE SAME AT ALL

>DUDE 200 PEOPLE DEFECATING ON SCREEN
>THIS IS HIGH ART

only plebs that like videogames like Kojima and his nu-male followers like this guy

um, wrong. Try again sweetie

>implying they aren't rebooting the source material as well
>implying they won't change everything but the names

a new adaption, plus sequels. which makes it a reboot of the "franchise".

Jodo > your favorite artist

>katy perry

All of the Fremen.
Mark my words.

Finn Wolfhard as Paul

IS GUY RICHIE FUCKING "REBBOTING" KING ARTHUR

NO HE'S FUCKING NOT

IT'S AN ADAPTATION

NO REBOOTING INVOLVED

THERE WASN'T EVEN AN ACTIVE MOVIE FRANCHISE

STOP IT

>implying they won't cast muslimes and somehow make it about Trump

it's clearly a reboot

there is no need to be upset

>it's in post-production already

I'll bet money Duke Leto will be Idris Elba, Jessica will still be white, and Paul will be the Magical Mulatto. The Atreides crew will be a multiethnic wonderland, and those ebil Harkonnens will be evil white cis-scum.

I mean, come on, it's the current year

Fuck no

Paul - the kid who's currently playing Spider-Man
Baron Harkonen - John Goodman

All I really got that I think are terrific picks

He's almost done filming last Brian Herbert books

>casted his own son for Paul

Fraud hack

>implying the original Dune isn't already about the fight for control of oil in the Middle East

Reminder that Yueh did nothing wrong.

Reminder that Barron Trump is the IRL Kwisatz Haderach

>Baron Harkonen - John Goodman
This is such obvious casting I'd hate to actually see that happen

screenshotted

Paul

>frogposting on a dune thread

Fucking normies and their shit facebook memes

terrible paul choices

A diverse cast for everyone but the evil characters, which will be white. For whatever reason, the main characters is now a white female with brown hair and isn't conventionally attractive.

It's time she breaks into acting and at this point she's prime mommy material

You wouldn't want them to cast Jessica Chastain AGAIN, would you?

Eva Green maybe

All work outside of Shia to be honest

You know Paul is a teenager right

that doesn't make your pic any less shit

>paul - fassbender

Fassbender is like 40 years old. Paul is supposed to be a kid. If you're looking for what sort of look/actor would make for a good Paul, just look at Mark Hamill in the original Star Wars. Basically just take Luke Skywalker and make him more confident and there you go.

Of course, SW heavily borrows from Dune, so yeah.

UMMMMMMMMMM Sweeeeeetieeeeeeeeee

It's fairly obvious at this point. Anything and everything that passes thru Hollywood is tainted with this nonsense. They don't even care about making the best movie possible anymore if it means sacrificing the "diversity" quota and their strong female leads.

Good point as well. They'll probably entirely shift the narrative away from Paul and make Jessica the main character and really play her up as being a strong independent womyn don't need no man

Dune was written 20 years before the oil crisis. It's a novel about environmentalism first and foremost. stop seeing politics in fucking everything

>Fassbender is like 40 years old. Paul is supposed to be a kid.
That didn't prevent them from casting MacLaughlaghlagh in the original. What was he at the time?

Paul Dano as Paul obviously.

Paul

He was ~24.

Yeah and he was terrible in the role, what's your point? Paul doesn't make sense if he starts the series as a grown ass mature adult

Kit Harrington as paul

hahahaha just kidding I'm not retarded

Alia, Paul, Leto, Jessica

>series
>thinking it's not going to be a one off movie that's going to flop and, if they ever accidentally make another one, be handed off to a different director and a different cast

That's got nothing to do with my commebt, and if anything proves me right that Paul should be played by a 17/18/19 year old

It's like pottery.

How is it shit? How many young teen actors that also are in good shape that are halfway decent do you know of?

Yeah man what a crime that he didn't have a billion dollars to make his movie.

Aw man money sucks we should live in a society where everyone gets paid in good intentions and wonderful ideas

He has the at atreides aquiline nose

It'll be great guys I swear! Just give me a billion dollars and 50 brown children with green painted dicks and I'll make Dune a masterpiece

Sure it is, sweetie.

I recently watched the documentary about this and his movie seemed like it was going to be terrible. Glad it was never made.

What was the Atreides' tax policy?

>can't even discuss dune threads on Sup Forums anymore without subhumans shitting it up with memes

Oh well

Better than the Harkonens

You don't know that.

fight me faggot

A shithole of a board for a shit person

oh well

>phillip seymour hoffman

Got Paul right here

the fremen are originally zensunni religious rejects from various planets, it would make sense if at least a few are black.

That Ender kid as Paul

Emma Watson as Kyle.

Yes, let him ruin another adaptation.

The kid's acting wasn't the issue in the Ender's Game movie. It was everyone else, along with cutting out like half the content of the book.

He was one of the only good parts of Ender's Game

Whoever adapted the screenplay/directed it should be hung

>in 3000 years we'll need that spice
>[time travel paradox intensifies]

dis gon be great

Idris Elba as every character

Two franchise movies in a row? I hope he goes back to smaller films at some point.

>cutting out like half the content of the book.
The book was originally a standalone short story that worked perfectly fine on its own without all the bullshit Card crammed in to turn it into a full length book and then the rest of the series. They should adapted that instead.

Kylo Ren as Paul Arthritis

That'd be fine as well, like what Bladerunner did with Philip Dick's short story.

but they chose to adapt the full book, and by doing so, they fucked it up.

leto- jared leto

Gourney, duncan idaho, tufir hawath - at least one of those will be black. Double points if Chani is now black

>gurney halleck - why the fuck not jean luc picard?
Because, for starters, gurney is supposed to be ugly as fuck. And not holliwood ugly - only a mother could love that face ugly

Duncan is blackish in the books

>Dune was written 20 years before the oil crisis. It's a novel about environmentalism first and foremost. stop seeing politics in fucking everything

I don't know how to tell you this, but the US and UK forced a coup in Iran over oil in 1953. Western Interests in Middle Eastern Oil goes back longer than you think

I saw someone say in another thread that Jodorowsky should play Kynes and they should leave him in the desert to die after they're done filming, gave me a chuckle.

>everyone fancasting old farts for Paul

Those are the only two not completely shit suggestions in the thread

I always thought he was an injun

>>everyone fancasting old farts for Paul

The problem is that there aren't many younger actors because younger actors make their name by getting cast in things like Dune

The younger actors that people can think of aren't good Paul's, so they think of older people

I could very easily see Paul being a no-name

Probably the most interesting thing about his production was Chris Foss, Moebius & HR Giger's artwork, the planned opening shot, and maybe having Pink Floyd doing part of the soundtrack.

Why are they not good pauls

HOW ARE YOU ALL SO BLIND
WHO ELSE COULD BE PAUL BUT "CLASSIC" PAUL DANO

Duncan could easily be black. He's described as having flat features and black hair like a sheep. Any way they do it, he should be available for at least 3 sequels.
Baron Harkonnen - Vincent D'Onofrio
Good choice for Paul. Or, I'd like someone unknown. Paul should be 15-18, Chani should be 14-17
Kynes - Woody Harrelson, maybe Matthew McConaughey. A middle-aged hippie-type
Yueh - James Hong. Yueh should be old and Asian.
Gurney - Brendan Gleeson, maybe Daniel Craig. (he should be ugly and lumpy.)
Thufir - Lance Henriksen, Edward James Olmos, F. Murray Abraham
Shaddam IV - Charles Dance (really the only choice.)
RM Mohaim - Helen Mirren

I hope they cast Patrick Stewart. But maybe he's already too old for a role in it.