Other urls found in this thread:

baltimoresun.com/news/92643931-132.html
youtube.com/watch?v=qtebHhvsMMs
youtube.com/watch?v=vn0ylNZhOJI
youtu.be/kdpG92dsx1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

he knew he was going to end up in jail or dead his entire life

thus muh corners

He literally didn't have one, he didn't think that far. ahead He just wanted to sell drugs on his corners, take out his enemies, fuck his bitches, and hang out with his homies.

this. Childhood is idolizing Avon, adulthood is realizing that Stringer had it right.

Juss a gangsta, I suppose

Avon had it right when he said Stringer wasn't smart enough for them out there

Except I think that's maybe false in the TV show. Avon gives the money for Stringer to finance lots of things that are "community" related, like housing, shops and such.

rmyt.

Avon had it right, they had a good setup right there, Stringer was a megalomaniac who couldnt be happy with that simple good life.

Ambition and the climb are what separates the wheat from the chafe. Stringer was right to want more. Avon was essentially already dead, because he had stopped being ambitious

I get what you guys are saying but

WHERE WALLACE AT?

seems like reality completely disproved your assertions.

as always, conservatives are always wrong and live in an idealized fantasy.

>That episode where Stringer moves Avon to be a fake leader of the organization by distancing Avon completely from the business but letting him be the one cop's chase

damn cold.
does it without blinking a fucking eye.
S1E10

>These McNulty are going up your narrow irish ass
What did he mean by this?

He was a faggot

Stringer has always been just an A-

How much did you drool on yourself writing that

MCNULTY YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER

>seems like reality completely disproved your assertions.
Just because Stringer died in the pursuit of greatness doesn't mean he was wrong to try

Stringer was a hypocrite, wanting to break from the game despite killing D'Angelo for trying the same thing.

If you murder and deceive that much you can't turn your back on it or it'll bite you in the ass.

muh corners
muh lake trout

Stringer had it right in trying to go legit, but he went about it the wrong way, proving you can take the man out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the man.

That was just to launder the money.

Stringer didn't want to break from the game, he just wanted to move onto a bigger and better game. He had D'Angelo killed because he thought that D'Angelo would spill the beans to McNulty.

African dream basically?

He wanted in on downtown life and investments, to give up being a bandit and take himself out of the line of fire.

It's a game but not THE game that he had been playing with Avon since childhood.

>thought

Dee woulda snitched and you know it. Dat nigga was outta pocket wit that shit

Stringer must've been angry at that tbqhy.

Nothing but a fucking slightly smarter streetrat and he couldn't face it

Stringer was full of shit. At least Avon knew his place

baltimoresun.com/news/92643931-132.html
>Three shot in Baltimore in broad daylight

Looks like they could make the Wire 2.0 easily lmao

they already had season 2 dumbass

Somebody can't read.

I'm gonna need a .webm of Wee-bay looking absolutely astonished by the fact that Little Man shot a cop

TO KILL

That's just perfect reaction. I don't understand how the crew didn't laugh themselves to death when it happened.

Stringer was even too dumb to realize that Orlando possibly couldn't front 30k for the buy.

lel

>Didn't realize there was no way Orlando had 30K
>Made no effort to hire on new muscle
>Stupid plan to send Omar after Mouzone
>Tipped his hand to Mouzone
>Thought he could convince Marlo
>Completely ripped off by Clay Davis
>Had to have it explained why killing Clay would be completely retarded
>Tried to do it anyway

Avon was smarter than Stringer.

damn shame the remaster rapes the aspect ratio.
something comfy and "real" in the 4:3

Uhh sauce?

FUCK THEM EAST-SIDE BITCHES!

At least Weebay spent all his drug money on something he enjoyed. What was the point of people like Marlo making tons of money when they have no hobbies or interests?

>muhcnulty

fizzle them bizznitches

the acquisition itself

>being this wrong

Jesus. Stringer was much more wrong than Avon for thinking he can "become legit."

To become Jimi Hendrix

>Stringer had it right.

You mean the guy who wanted to assassinate a United States Senator for swindling him?

I can't even call it anything else. He was swindled. Who the fuck gets swindled kel.

No, he just didn't entertain delusions of being some fucking businessman.

Just why do you think Marlo was able to happen? Because muh corners.

> yfw Avon was actually the smart one all along.

>when u start following money and you dont know what the fuck you can find

>dead his entire life
i-is there other way

what do you mean with that marlo remark

I love how they were so proud of this shot they used it for all 5 season intros.

Stringer's preoccupation allowed Marlo to take over. They only had a skeleton crew left by the time Avon was out so his first priority was to recoup, which would've been the smart thing to do.

well it's a good shot

draft dodging peace freaks

funny how she instantly gets money back, without any look i to them

here

Rape would be pan and scan, they just scanned the full negative this time.

You can easily get it back to 4:3 with any modern video player, keeping the improved resolution.

lol stringer thought he could actually function at the next layer of the corruption food chain and got absolutely embarrassed and taken for a ride

Season 2 > Season 4 > Season 1 = Season 3 > Season 5

2>3>4>1>5

What makes this interesting is that seasons 2 and 5 are both underrated.

God, Season 4 was so fucking good. Why was S5 such a shit show?

3 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 5

At least season 2 does something different and begins The Wire being a show about the city than cops vs ghettos.

Season 2 is probably very good on its own, but it seemed like a real curveball after Season 1 so i hated it

>Why was S5 such a shit show?

What, you didn't enjoy seeing Mcnulty become an Absolut Madman?

youtube.com/watch?v=qtebHhvsMMs

It gave us this gem though.

Childhood is when you idolize McNulty, adulthood is realizing Bunk made more sense

youtube.com/watch?v=vn0ylNZhOJI

Fuck, didn't paste.

3 > 1 > 2 >>>>> 4 = 5

nah senpai its the opposite. stringer thought he was shrewd enough to compete in the world of the true criminals, but he was just another smart thug from the ghetto. He ended up exactly where he was always going to. Avon knew that they weren't built to live outside of their habitat, and was quite satisfied as a family man with a widely successful business. Despite the murders and worse, avon was a strong man. simple, but he lived for his community and family and was not spiteful. stringer was weak, he lived for a twisted ideal he had constructed out of his insecurity of power after living in the oppressive atmosphere of the ghetto all those years

Who is the best character? Is it Omar? Stringer?

Lester.

Ziggy.

best.part about the.show.is the implication of goverment wide.corruption

like when stringer tries to play it and gets fucking btfo instantly

Bubbles

Bunk or based Clay

FUCK ziggy

youtu.be/kdpG92dsx1A

>1:17

What did he mean by this?

i wish i could have that polish horsecock in me

Frank Sobotka

Kenard. The only character with no redeeming qualities, just pure human garbage waiting to grow up and become a monster. No" oh actually this dude is sort of cool", nope, just evil. Even Marlo was cool sometimes.

Maryland State Senator, not a US senator lmao. Could you imagine that?

Slim Charles.

I think the duality him and string had was that avon had the wisdom, and stringer had the smarts

the lesbian girl and her partner who worked for marlo can't remember their names

Laughable character. An uneducated street gangster making references like "Day of the Jackal" and "A Man Without a Country"? Typical self indulgent nonsense from journalism majors.

What anime is this?

Childhood is idolizing yellow tops; adulthood is realizing dat WMD is where it's at.

>uneducated
>literally has a book shelf full of classic literature and is taking college courses ON SCREEN during the show

Your racism is showing bro.

He didn't have homies it was all fake love

Wrong black guy user, but I guess they all look the same to you huh.

THIS, avon knew that strigger was a smart nigga but still a nigga

>and is taking college courses ON SCREEN during the show
he was going to fucking Baltimore City Community College.

settle down

>Avon Barksdale
>Endgame
He had no mother fuck'n end game, OP! All he wanted to do was stay IN the game! Truth be told, Omar was the fuck'n antagonist. He was the one robbing Avon exclusively because he had some bug up his ass.

Bubs or Bodie