I'm new here. Please tell me about your taste

I'm an artist that is interested in understanding the culture of this corner of the internet.

If you're interested, please tell me which movies you feel represent you and your interests and I would also like you to also articulate why you like these films.

I'm looking forward to speaking with you.

>I'm an artist
Are you famous? How to be famous?

No, probably not. Someone may have heard of me if I said my name but I would definitely not be a household name.

problem child 2

Fuck off faggot. Thats our culture. Take your faggy posts back to wherever you came from, queer boy.

What kino is this, lads?

This is a joke, right?

I did expect some of this behavior but I doubt you're all this hostile.

Is everyone just going to give me joke answers?

Back to Réddit faggot

There's nothing good to be had here unless you want a sample of degeneracy and purposefully overboard racism that may or may not be a joke depending which anonymous poster it is.

Run while you still can!!!! You don't know what you are asking for!

lurk more faggot

Well, then tell me about which films connect with you.

The Dark Knight Rises, really just that first scene, movie crashes with the plane.

Is this the SHITPOST thread?

Anyone know what movie this is from?

It's a still image by Ernst Haas

He's an assistant fucking manager. He doesn't have to explain shit to you.

>Is everyone just going to give me joke answers?
Wew, nigga. You seem to have some misplaced expectations.
Why don't you explain why the fuck you thought coming here was a good idea?

>I'm an artist
You can just say you're unemployed, nobody here will judge you

>movies
We only like Kino here
Fuck off

I'm just interested in seeing how this group of people thinks and what they connect with in art. I honestly don't understand this outpouring of anger.

People here worship Refn, Mann and Snyder.

Check em

This is the closest thing to a real answer I've received. Do you have any sense as to why?

Here, I'll give you probably the only honest respons you'll get.
This place is a years running Stanford Prison Experiment. Everyone here looks for out-groups to reject at ever collapsing granularities. Announcing that you don't belong here was a mistake. The people here hate movies more than any other group of people on earth. ISIS probably enjoys movies more than we do.
This place is filled with people who hate each other spitting bad memes at one another for years and years.

Hope you learned something.

>I'm an artist
What does you're dad tell his friends you do?

i drive

gb2redit

>films
>art

The real question is whether or not you like naggers and kikes

Aesthetics & contrarianism

Hey OP, I'll give you an honest answer. Most people here worship the filmography of Zack Snyder. Man of Steel was a revolutionary film that changed the way Sup Forums viewed film and life itself. You should watch it sometime

Batman v Superman is the greatest triumph in blockbuster cinema in the last 20 years.
Zack Snyder is a literal god-tier director. Only Sup Forumsedditors are triggered by this fact

Watch Pink Flamingos

This is an interesting ethos.

Do you think this is some kind of psychological reaction to rejection by mainstream society. I know that being a social outcast is one of the defining features of the group of people here.

I like memes

My father is actually dead. He died in 1977.

For realsies, think of the people here as more banal and childish versions of the main character in Taxi Driver. Though maybe no one will say it, the people here are the kind of people who identify with that movie.

Nah f4m, you need to look up the Stanford Prison Experiment. Many people here are normal.

The funniest part is how you're falling for the subtle bait.

PTA, Malick and Refn get a lot of love here. There's a pretty dedicated Lynch mob who like to have a Twin Peaks circlejerk every so often, and I don't think anyone here is going to tell you that the Coens aren't fantastic.

Strictly speaking, there aren't many movies out there that represent anons or their interests, because the only thing we all really have in common is a love of spending hours sitting on our backsides trading shitposts, which doesn't make for a compelling narrative.

I think Joaquin Phoenix's character in Her is about as close as we've ever gotten to having a film version of a typical Sup Forums user, although he's like 10+ years older than the average age here. It nicely captures the feeling that most anons share of being ever-so-slightly emotionally distant from most people, and looking to the digital world to find a friend, anyone, who understands us.

We're a lot more boring, a lot less hateful and just as lonely as all the detractors out there claim. Sup Forums gets shit for being a hive of scum and villainy, but it's really just a place where millions of people go when they're sick of the day-to-day facade. We can make jokes about tragedies, not because we're nasty, but because anonymity means we don't have to pretend to give a shit about strangers who die on the other side of the planet. When you're anonymous, you don't fool anyone by offering "thoughts and prayers to the families" of people you've never met.

With all that in mind I guess you could also look to other films that feature characters who have grown sick of mundane social-code bullshit and abruptly refuse to put up with it. Kevin Spacey in American Beauty or Michael Douglas in Falling Down would be fine examples - people might claim we're a bunch of Travis Bickles but in reality most of us are more mature than that.

Good luck with your project, whatever it is. Be warned that if you're working on a script, we probably wouldn't make for interesting characters.

I can tell you that Lord of the Rings is universally liked here and the LotR threads are one of the few good things about this place

>I don't think anyone here is going to tell you that the Coens aren't fantastic.
The Coens are inconsistent. No Country For Old Men is overrated as fuck. Inside Llewyn Davis is a pretentious hipster circle jerk
Burn After Reading is underrated

Agreed on all counts, but NCFOM is still a fantastic film and even Llewlyn Davis had its good moments. Thing is, out of the 17 movies they've made together, they've only ever really, truly missed the mark with that sub-par remake of The Ladykillers, and they've put out at least 5 or 6 movies that'd be front-runners for most people's top 5 lists.

Good taste right here.
Take note, OP.

I like violent movies with cool special effects

give me your address so i can come kick your ass

i liked tommy boy for the funny stuff

>characters who have grown sick of mundane social-code bullshit and abruptly refuse to put up with it

Isn't that supposed to be a bad thing?

Wow an actual thoughtful reply. Has there there has ever been a Sup Forums meetup somewhere? How would that turn out?

>2 hours of awkward TDKR references, every user dressed in a scorpion jacket trying to act like the driver and one guy who keeps "subtly" trying to gauge if anyone else is pedo
There's a reason why no one pushes for it

Only the finest

>Isn't that supposed to be a bad thing?

Not necessarily, the people on this website (probably) are angry at the world, their surroundings, or social conventions, which in turn alienates them in some capacity with the culture that they grew up in and observe.

The difference is that faggots on this website take out their anger in through shitposting, and rarely work up to the point of acting out on their alienation . . . Even though they are likely good people.

In the end Travis decides not to kill the presidential candidate, instead he helps out the child prostitute and kills the people that held her captive. . . He wasn't a bad person, so much as someone who felt misunderstood or unfit to live in western society. His decision to kill the child slave dudes was his way "getting rid of the scum" and suggests he wasn't really a bad person.

>scorpion jackets

I miss that maymay