What's the difference between American and British comedies? I've always had a sense of a difference between the two...

what's the difference between American and British comedies? I've always had a sense of a difference between the two, but can't really put it into words.

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA
youtube.com/watch?v=piy5z0DKdSg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

British comedies are funny, American ones aren't

American comedies are funny.

Americans don't laugh at English humor because they don't get it.
English don't laugh at American humor because it's not funny.
Now give me my (You)s

Quicker than you ya fuck

English humor is pessimistic and you're supposed to laugh at the main character.

American humor is optimistic and you're supposed to care for the main character.

Also

American > Japanese > European >>>>>>>>>>>>> British
in terms of humor.

Feck off the lot of ya

>Jap
>better than anything
Fuck off Sup Forums

bring it you limey cunt

American humour is the most basic form of existence.

Irish humour best humour. See rubberbandits.

What? How can you list 'european' as one fucking thing. There's a different sense of humour for each country. Jesus christ you Americans are fucking braindead

German > American > Japanese > European >>>>>>>>>>>>> British

You have to be ascended to truly understand it

This

>implying I come from Great Limeland

kinda looks like gerard depardieu desu

sehr gut mein freund.

KILL JESSTAR

>Not being a total Takashi Miike-head
Get out embryo

German humour is the most innocent naive thing I've ever seen.

>this does not slip now

(in my opinion) American humour seems to be pretty basic, slapstick humour with some references to media culture of the time (that, admittedly, can be funny as long as you're watching it the time it's made).

On the other hand, British comedy is usually more witty and less 'on the nose' than American humour. It relies less on media references so it stands the test of time much better than American humour (which is why you can see reruns of decades-old British television comedies - they're still funny to this day).

American humour is the type you laugh at upon initial reaction then chuckle afterwards, thinking "boy that was dumb, but funny". British humour is the type that gets the more "Ah-ha! I get it!" reaction, before laughing. Even if that moment is less than a second.

Both can be funny in the right circumstances.

>British
absurdism, existentialism
>American
slapstick, farts

Irish humour >>>>>>> all

The Rubberbandits are somehow both normie and patrician humor

youtube.com/watch?v=iYgPznBrjiA

Feck off

>pic unrelated
But that's the pinnacle of British comedy.

>humor
>funny
Nice meme

British humour more often features wordplay or otherwise carefully scripted jokes and excels with everyman characters in mundane situations.

American humour more often features slapstick and pop-culture references, also (and especially recently, ever since the big writers' strike) it's more likely to include improvised jokes and dialogue.

Typically it's easier for American comedy to be enjoyed by stupid people, but that's not saying it's not still enjoyable to smart people, and also bearing in mind that there's a whole subset of British "comedy" that is specifically designed for stupid people but never makes it overseas because it's so bad that even stupid people won't import it.

youtube.com/watch?v=piy5z0DKdSg

Finnish comedy > *

Literally the greatest comedy related thingy since Airplane.

There's a lot of clever British humor out there but there's also a lot of "LOL MEN IN DRESSES"

>"LOL MEN IN DRESSES"
I thought that was the "greatest american comedy film ever".

It's a humor which transcends cultures

This wall of text is a nasty generalization that touches on only the lowest form in both crafts.

That's what I meant by "comedy designed for stupid people that even stupid people won't import".

Is this Loss?

Why so triggered? I wasn't being nasty, I thought I was pretty even-handed, and I was certainly just honest.

slip

Even clever British comedy is full of men in dresses desu