Where were you, when IMDB proved it was superior to Rotten Tomatoes?

Where were you, when IMDB proved it was superior to Rotten Tomatoes?

>go on IMDb
>rate it 1 star

IMDB genuinely is better than RT, the critics RT uses are shitcunts

i was sat at home

you think IMDB knows anything about THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE

>become "official" movie reviewer
>rate it 10 stars

How is this any different?

they're both shit

Getting a job at a major publication is a bit harder than making an IMDb account.

RT gets points for effort.

message board is kill

Lots of those people who review movies on IMDb also have jobs. Some which are considerably more intellectual and hands-on than being some movie reviewer.

Just because you're knowledgeable of discipline A doesn't mean you have anything worthwhile to say about discipline B.

If that were the case then people would still be listening to Noam Chomsky.

Have you seen it OP?

Also imdb is usually just people who go and rate something 1 star that they haven't seen for whatever stupid reason. In this case, an interracial couple is in it.

>If that were the case then people would still be listening to Noam Chomsky.
He literally the most frequently cited living intellectual on the planet.

no

My point is that just because you're studied in discipline A, doesn't inherently mean that it voids all other opinions on the subject if they aren't equally studied in it. I don't need a degree in gender studies to call bullshit when I see it, just like I don't have to have a useless film theory degree to call out a movie for being overrated.

>Have you seen it OP?

>the "I-I-I-IT'S NOT REALLY RACIST, IT'S SUBVERTING THE RACIST STEREOTYPE!" argument

No, it's racist. The movie revolves around the concept of cultural appropriation where upper-class liberals steal black peoples bodies because its cool, and hip.

>over 50% of the votes are either a 10/10 or a 1/10

Nice site.

this is what user reviews are tho, people either hate something or love something only true intellectuals can see past it all and find a middle ground

How long until he delivers the killing blow to the perfect rating of this flick, and proves once and for all how pleb all other movie reviewers are?

It'll be a little while. He's got to find a way to position Trump into his reviews alongside Obama and 9/11.

Or they haven't seen it.

say hello to next year's oscar darling

it's always been better, even now with the message boards being gone.

It might be racist, but I'm not going to accuse a movie of being racist before I actually watch it.

Wouldn't he be praising it for making fun of what his fellow basketball americans think?

>but I'm not going to accuse a movie of being racist before I actually watch it

So have you seen Birth of a Nation?

grill is pretty

and you?

Going to see this with my wife's son tomorrow. Is it good?

I don't care how famous he gets he will always be Parking Pataweyo to me. The thought of him fucking a white girl out of badness would crack me up throughout the movie.

>imdb
>reliable

>So have you seen Birth of a Nation?
I'm assuming the silent film? I haven't seen it (nor the 2016 one) but I still would want to judge it myself and also consider historical context.

But I never said that was racist?

Manchester by the Sea ratings on Amazon are the same way