Why the fuck was Matthew Broderick in this?

Why the fuck was Matthew Broderick in this?

Because Manchester By the Sea was actually Enniskillen, Ireland

he's an actor

Because he was in the Director's last movie also.

Because he's an actor and that's his job.

he's been in all of kenneth lonergan's movies. i think they're friends.

Perfect casting for that role, brilliantly executed situational humor

>"...Did you get some string beans?"
Absolute cringekino

This movie sucked. Affleck in particular was terrible.

dude don't be a contrarian just for the sake of being one, however you can always visit some other forums idk www.reddit.com

hmmm nice bait

He ripped me right out of the movie. He wasn't even bad, just fucking distracting

Great constructive arguments my dear amigo friend, I'm sure you're a highly intellectual individual

Hi, Ben. How you doing these days?

AHHHHH GET ME OUT OF THESE CAPESHIT MOVIES AHHHH

But reddit a shit and I've been here since 06.

Not b8

The plot went nowhere, the dialogue wasn't well written, and Affleck wasn't believable.

I want some taco flavored kisses.

Wrong

They needed someone that looked like the kind of loser only a post-wall alchy would be in a relationship and he immediately came to mind.

He's friends with the director, has ever since the director was a writer on fucking Doug. They go way back.

For you.

I saw this in a small independent art house movie theatre in Colorado and when he came on screen my whole theater except me and my girlfriend laughed, anyone care to explain this?

You're just jealous you're now the poor version of your brother.

They weren't sure how to react, and so, they laughed

>Affleck wasn't believable

Are you fucking serious? What kind of dumb fucking cunt are you?

But I'm the rich one with the good job.

He mumbled a lot and didn't have convincing facial expressions. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was wooden, but it wasn't good.

why would people laugh at seeing him?
he isn't a comedian or weird looking.
I don't get it.

That's what depression looks like. You don't really feel very much emotion ever. Just numb.

The better question is why did they take the time to photoshop a giant seagull over the characters on that poster?

There was ONE main seagull moment in the entire movie. WTF

everyone laughed when he appeared in my theater... prolly should've have chosen someone else