Why are the Netflix "Original" shows so shit and forgettable?

Why are the Netflix "Original" shows so shit and forgettable?

Even their best Original show, Narcos, has nothing on Breaking Bad.

what about orange in the new meme of the OA?

Meanwhile on Amazon:
Manchester by the Sea
Neon Demon
Sneaky Pete
Man in the High Castle

>their best Original show
>Narcos

For the most part, I rarely even continue beyond the first episode. Bojack is pretty much the only exception, but I got bored a few episodes into season 3.

the only thing I remember about breaking bad is the pizza on the roof, burnt face guy, and the car commercial in the show.

Meanwhile on Piratebay: Everything

He probably meant to type Marco, not Narco.

>implying Voltron isn't the GOAT

>narcos
>breaking bad

>le edgy drug shows

could you be any more one dimensional and retarded?

>orange is the new black
>forgettable

Call it shit or whatever, but it's without a doubt a huge show

>Voltron
>netflix original
Did I miss something?

the true patrician answer

Netflix can't cancel a bad show like FOX can

>bojack horseman
>stranger things
>better call saul

yeah, you don't know what you're talking about

>Stranger Things
>Orange is the New Black
>Bloodline
>Marvel shows (not my thing but they're massively popular)
>Forgettable
To plebs maybe

I liked Lilyhammer

a couple of the episodes in season 3 are pretty boring, but episode 4 and 9 is 10/10

I did like episode 4 quite a bit. I think I stopped after 5. Might go back at some point.

lilyhammer is a norwegian production funded by the state channel, I highly doubt netflix has any money tied up in production, only in rights and distribution, so less netflix semi-original than AD se4

>thepiratebay
>patrician
no one can be this deluded

They will cancel shows that aren't deemed popular. Bloodline is one of them.

S2 was weak.

S1 is as good as TV gets imo.

Terrace House Boys and Girls in the City is pretty good, it's The Real World but set in Japan. Would genuinely recommend if you're looking for a comfy reality show to watch. Pic related is best girl.

>Not setting up a telescope to see unto your neighbors living room window and only watching what they watch on tv.
fucking pleb.

Wasn't Marco Polo canceled for dubious reasons?

They canceled Marco Polo

FUCK THEM

Their shows are purposely created with little depth for easy 'binge-ability'.

Bloodline was fucking stupid. They tried to make up for it with the cinematography but it only got them so far.

only good netflix original is daredevil

heard their producer tweeted that Trump should be given a chance

I watch orange is the new black for literally no reason every season. The show is awful. I dropped that kevin spacey show after like 3 episodes.

stranger things might be the only good thing they've ever done.

It was cancelled for having an insane budget for a show with so few viewers.

Bojack and Stranger Things are top tier. The Marvel series have been pretty good too. Daredevil punisher arc is amazing. Jon really knocked it out of the park and I cannot wait for solo series.

I will admit that marco polo is got wanna-be trash though.

They design their shows and make creative notes during their progression based on all the invasive metrics they gather from their members viewing habits.

Their shows are bad because they're ruled by comitee and popular opinion gathered months before the show is even in production for a given season so the end result is always disjointed and behind the curve of the culture. That and they're showing to be more and more inclined to give preference to awful social justice approved projects/creators which most people are tired of

Barley mention House of Cards

just wait till season 2 of stranger things makes you hate it.

I forgot to mention that Love was an okay show along with Bloodlines.

Sense8 is the other show I wanted to mention. It is absolute trash for like 3/4 of the season and then gets good. The christmas special was top tier. Basically the show was shit for so long because of so many trash characters. german guy, asian lady, black dude and the homo are only ones that really matter.

I'm fairly sure the second season of Stranger things will be awful, but I'll still watch it. I just hope it doesn't turn into the trap that orange is the new black has turned into for me. Where I don't really care whats happening but just want to find out how it turns out.

>I watch orange is the new black for literally no reason every season

Same. A shame it still has like 3 seasons more to go.

This. Their American geared originals are forgettable because they know Americans will watch anything, but their Japanese geared originals are genuinely good. Hibana Spark is good too.

>A shame it still has like 3 seasons more to go.

seriously? I feel like they are already bone dry as far as storylines go.

They ended on a pretty good cliffhanger in that last season but still, unless everyone gets more charges there is no way for the season to continue for 3 more seasons.

I'm pretty sure it was based on a book. Does anyone here know when the book ended time series wise?

>pirating movies
>patrician

>giving a fuck about the industry
>not being a full-blown nihilist and pirating everything

Nothing on there seems to come from a genuine creative spark, all feels like it was conceived in a boardroom based on how many different groups it can appeal too.

you forgot about dexter!

Great first season, okay 2nd season, seasons 3 and 4 quite possibly the most boring tv ever.

Netflix has really lost a lot of its best content to competing networks.

They really did drop the ball but now the have The Crown which is one of the best shows airing.

bojack horseman is good

This series is going to bomb so hard without el patrĂ³n.

I don't think netflix is in any trouble desu. I use the service basically exclusively for tv show. Sitcoms with unlimited episodes specifically.

I watch some movies they have, although they are mostly garbage.

I never saw one second of the office, parks and rec, or 30 rock before netflix. Those were all terrific shows. glad I watched them.

I think you guys are right.

It's strange because apparently they give their writers a lot of creative control but the shows still turn out badly. I think the best way to do this sort of thing is to line the talent up first, the writer and directors, and let them come up with the idea.

That being said, I think that there isn't a lot of directorial talent in Netflix. Nothing ever seems to be shot with any real care or finesse. It all lacks character, which is by no means a flaw exclusive to netflix, but it's disappointing that they won't go the HBO route and give directors the chance to really craft something good (like they did with TD). Sure, sometimes the directors at Netflix do weird/interesting things (everyone always talks about the daredevil long-take action scene), but it never stops feeling medium-budget and barely-crafted. The same can be said for Beast of No Nation, although I haven't seen any of their other films.

the only one of theirs that I didnt forget was Stranger Things

every Netflix Marvel shit is forgettable and by the book formuliac, like their movies

The metric thing isn't a theory btw, their ceo brags about it in interviews all the time

It's the same method that Disney applied for the Star Wars films, TFA and RO.

Every single narrative decision made for the films I imagine was addressed by asking "Will this make Disney more money?". I imagine it's the same for Netflix, only it's wondering how they can increase their subscriber base by appealing to the most saccharine and pedestrian tastes of TV/film watchers

Things are trending to streaming TV and they are stupid by not taking enough chances to grab the new audience. They made a good move by grabbing Scorsese but there is so much potential here

They do this with so many shows. If they have streaming rights to it in that country, they stick the "Netflix Original" tag on it

Neon Demon fucking sucked
Man in the high castle doesn't live up to any of its potential and only had one good character.

because you keep watching them

if your time and money is worth mediocrity that's what you're gonna get given

> He still uses Piratebay

Bosch
Mozart In The Jungle
Transparent
Red Oaks