Why are Americans so patriotic compared to people in other countries?

Why are Americans so patriotic compared to people in other countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PTcVNuNX8yY
youtube.com/watch?v=s2h92qYu_sg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York_City#Demographic_profile
priceonomics.com/how-diverse-is-your-city/
wisconsingazette.com/2016/07/04/only-52-extremely-proud-to-be-americans-new-low/
qz.com/722110/millennials-are-half-as-likely-as-their-parents-to-say-theyre-extremely-proud-to-be-american/
bakki.deviantart.com/art/Happy-4th-of-July-465319317
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because its hard to be patriotic when you're not the BEST FUCKING COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

[spoiler] Also sage for that stealthy rule 15 :^)

Bump

Stupidest rule on this site desu

Because they are

A) Part of the allies and therefore allowed to be patriotic (just like the Brits)

B) A powerful country that has achieved stuff (unlike Canada, AUS and NZ)

B) Never had a dictator (yet) unlike, say, France

Here is how it happened do not let anyone tell you otherwise

youtu.be/PTcVNuNX8yY

America is a great country that is founded on a love of individuality, freedom and liberty. Other countries are founded on subservience to the government.

Because unlike other Faggot nations, we don't think soccer is that great of a sport.

Young country that flaunts nationalistic ideas instead of burying them

>MLP

Mods pls ban

>sweden

we actually have shit to be proud of.

HappulJeckk looks retarded in that drawing.

America is a young country that has not suffered the presence of a dictator, which tend to use nationalism and patriotism as a way to create populism that continues to feed those in charge. When people finally manage to get out of the tiranny of a dictator, the more conservative side ends hurt as the feelings of patriotism remind of the bad times, and create resentment.

Germany is a very good example of this. Look how much they fucking hate themselves, a German waving the flag of Germany is met with suspicion and even hatred, because people have come to interlink the love for one's country as a gateway to Hitler.
Never stop being proud of your country, Americans.

Sweden pls, I can feel your butthurt from across the Atlantic

They're not, everyone has their own idea of what " Real America" is. No one is actually loyal to the Nation as it is, they're loyal to whatever fringe they believe is right. That's why you see Rednecks who claim to be Patriots flying literal flags of Treason and not understanding why that might be contradictory.

American patriotism is a lie

Feels good to be free.

Europeans are taught that patriotism, jingoism, nationalism, etc. is bad because "we don't want another hitler!" and other globalist nonsense.

This, people from other countries don't understand the sarcasm behind patriotism here so they get a twisted view of the U.S.

only worthwhile american in this thread

oh no! and we fall for it too :( nationalism is rilly rilly bad guys the government and status quo told me so, that's why brexit happened

>my face when other countries don't even have freedom to speak

brexit wasn't even about nationalism, it was about sovereignty

I do think the UK is the most patriotic european country though. It's mostly the continentals that get their panties in a wad over patriotism.

I think people are generally more proud of their state than they are of the USA, or they equate the rights their state gives them to the rights the USA gives them

I'm honestly more proud to be a Dixie boy than I am to be an American because to say I'm proud of the entire USA is to say I'm proud of places like Seattle and Los Angeles

because they're americans

>American patriotism is a lie
(((OA8OUuxz)))

>patriotic

NO, YOU'LL SUMMON HIM

>UK
>european

Thanks, man

what exactly is it about Seattle and Los Angeles
that makes you feel this way user?

They're not patriotic, they're just autistic. This is the cause of race-mixing. Amerimutts are a cancer.

>potato famine

Oh damn I didn't know they weren't European.

What continent is the UK part of then?

They have a completely different culture that I'm not familiar with. I just hate west coasters in general.

lie

Where do you guys get shit like this, Fox News?

>American patriotism is a lie

I can disagree with other patriots about the best direction for the country, it doesn't make it insincere

>only worthwhile american in this thread

You don't know what a worthwhile American is, bong
Sort out Londonistan and then you can have a seat at the table again.

Because your leftwing isn´t strong.

The BBC

can you be more exact?
what makes their culture different?

>Oh damn I didn't know they weren't European.

>What continent is the UK part of then?

kek

>Sort out Londonistan
>literally all of american major cities are not majority white
>americans

The Bell is Tolling soon for Hillary Clinton. TRUMP 2016!
Watch:
youtube.com/watch?v=s2h92qYu_sg

A couple months ago when SpaceX landed their rocket and the employees did a "USA USA" chant, many euro news sites made sure to remind us how evil patriotism is.

Because your government decided that cultivating the culture of sniffing ones own farts was the right thing to do in the U.S.

Idiots - The whole lot of you.

>60% white

When will you retards realize you are Europeans? There is nothing to be proud of about being the descendant of a faggot who got cucked out of his continent. Your genetics are European you mutts.

memes

>FACK LIBRULS !!!11!!

Their dialect, California's celebrity-focused hedonistic culture, Seattle's rampant liberalism and the overabundance of illegals in southern California being treated as ok

Like being 60% white and creating cancer like LGBT? Yeah m8.

>many euro news sites made sure to remind us how evil patriotism is.

Source? i've never even heard of it

>inb4 source is Fox News

It's an island to itself. Its just funny in the wake of brexit thats a good way to troll the bongs is to say they are "part of europe".

because we KNOW our country is better.

bill of rights my nigga

That's pretty horseshit. Where's your sources?

I've literally talked to a German that defended this because muh spectre of nationalism or something similar.

Google "space x usa chant" and have a good time reading the comments of butthurt euros mad at USA's patriotic ways.

Well yeah, thats because Britain never fell to a dictator. Virtually every other European country has.

Their state was created by patriotic revolution. In other states such revolutions (and similar happenings) dismantled parts of the older state. In the proceeds parts of such countries history and society were condemned. It creates situations when parts of the country are officially piece of shit. Can't love shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_New_York_City#Demographic_profile

You wouldn't know this (being from a nothing country,) but in melting pot like NYC it's not white vs. all other minorities. Back to fishing or whatever you do, Portugal.

GERMAN NATIONALISM ON THE RISE

could still be nazi?

Post more patriotism

>MLP
>no horses anywhere
Fuck are you talking about?

"Good morning. Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"

President Thomas Whitmore

America =/= not yurop we were never meant to be a white country, we are an immigrant country, just so happens that the majority of them were white.

you fags on the other hand, are flushing your heritage down the drain.
so you base your patriotism on party lines?

priceonomics.com/how-diverse-is-your-city/

Well, #NotAll

What a cunt

GO BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT BOARD SCUM

A lot of people aren't #americawasnevergreat is currently trending on Twitter.

I listed four things, one of which could be construed as being about "party lines"

Do I have to write a 30 page essay about why I hate west coast culture and ideals without using the word "liberal"?

Fuck them.

>Cynicism Incarnate

what a faggot

>Germany can't be patriotic or they're a nazi
>the rest of Europe is literally giving up their sovereignty to Germany
>Britain has to worry about all the colonialism apologists
>Canada has to compete with the US
>the US BTFO the country that conquered Asia, rewrote their constitution and literally made their God admit he was a sham
>everywhere else isn't even in the same league and or are in desperate catch up mode
>also we own the moon
>WE OWN THE FUCKING MOON

>Germany is europe
>That german guy you talked to is representative of a continent of 500 million persons
>American education

>giving a fuck about bronies
>2000+16

What use there is out of shallow patriotism when your culture is shit and country is crumbling? Do you have any patriotic books like we have here? Or do you only have bikinis with the colours of the american flag? It's better to have a quality patriotism, not dumb consumerism full of rowdy, shallow idiots

Our constitution makes it harder to suppress. That's why it must be dismantled by packing the court with activist judges.

If you actually think Americans are patriotic then you must not have been around the world.

Our patriotism is very mild.

More to be proud of. Though honestly I wish europe had a bit more pride.

>You wouldn't know this
Of course not. I don't live in a mongrel country filled with niggers and mestiços

>inb4 moortugal

If those weak ass banter make you autists happy...

>we were never meant to be a white country
Nice revisionism

>Let's ignore the immigration rules pre 1965 and go for my kike masters accepted historic revisionism.

Exactly this

Inb4
>Slav
>white

>that american guy you talked to is representative of a country of 300 million persons
>Portuguese hypocrisy

>those freckles

hot

It was a necessity in 2011/12 and removal of it would send us back to those dark days.

Wasn't Ireland the first country to legalize gay marriage?

Patriotism in american way is bikinis/shorts with american colour, watching Holiwood movies, fireworks in 4th July and screaming USA

Only some cucked western European countries and "countries" aren't patriotic. You probably don't even have a passport like most other burgers.

In America patriotism means nothing. Even the New York Times can wave the american flag. Even cosmopolitical libertines can cover themselves in american flags

>Of course not
Proud of your ignorance. No shock there.

>If those weak ass banter
if THAT weak ass banter

In English the correct word is "THAT." We use English here. Because it's the language of business, and the internet, which is an American invention.

That's why America is a greatest country on the planet, and Portugal is a country.

evrey country have it's cons and pros

one of the cons the Disturb me that there is some distence and people are less social because of the big size of the country.

the only relevant thing you listed there is liberalism
>illegals in southern California being treated as ok
that also falls under a political umbrella

>Their dialect, California's celebrity-focused hedonistic culture,
to not to feel proud of being an American because people from other states have a different accent than you is plain liberal faggotry.
>California's celebrity-focused hedonistic culture,
I'm sure only califags watch tv.

you are no better than the hippie burning fags

They're not. A recent survey showed a record low number of Americans saying that they were proud to be American

Sauce:

wisconsingazette.com/2016/07/04/only-52-extremely-proud-to-be-americans-new-low/

qz.com/722110/millennials-are-half-as-likely-as-their-parents-to-say-theyre-extremely-proud-to-be-american/

Fascism soon, gentlemen. It's only a matter of time before someone molds all those disaffected people into a mob or movement of some kind.

Don't know what the New Order will be like, but there is going to be one you just watch.

>40% white and falling

United Mutts of America

Because is all other countries your would be called racist or nationalist

We're basically the only white nation not cucked into feeling shame for loving our country.

>Recognizing OP's pic as MLP inspired art
You're the faggot here for knowing and pointing it out.

And where am i making universal claims about MAerica based on one american opinion?

You know autists can't diferentiate banter from actual discussion ?

if only we had patriotic books

then our culture would be consumed around the world and the world would recognize us as a superpower

Die you degenerate Barneyfag

Seriously, you Barneyfags deserve to be executed
bakki.deviantart.com/art/Happy-4th-of-July-465319317

46% of Americans have a passport. What percentage of Russians do? All I can find about Russia is that it's "harder for Russians to travel" and "Russians stopped travelling abroad". Tell us, commie.

In other words, don't be cucks like Germany

>Mrs goodra
>A leaf