I just watched Do the Right Thing for the second time

I just watched Do the Right Thing for the second time.

This guy was the hero, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nkrPHv5qOCc
youtu.be/YnyC2-51tQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Think about it.
>Calls out ignorant young hoodlums
>Brightens up the neighborhood with his pleasant demeanor
>Only character who isn't beaten down by cynicism and experiences a schoolboy crush
>Is the only man to defend Sal and his sons, even takes them to safety when the mob attacks.
He's the hero of the movie.

bump

The guy that said
> You gold teeth, gold chain wearing, fried chicken and biscuit eating, monkey, ape, baboon, big thigh, fast running, high jumping, spear chucking, three-hundred-and-sixty-degree basketball dunking, titsun, spade, Moulan Yan. Take your fucking pizza-pizza and go the fuck back to Africa.

what did he mean by this?

Also drank Miller High Life. Automatic hero material.

the mayor was an example of old generation vs new generation
one of my favorite movie scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=nkrPHv5qOCc

I thought Mister Señor Love Daddy was an example of this as well. He seems upset when the riot breaks out but only for the sake of his radio studio being in jeopardy.

give me replies

Yes sir. a benevolent nigger dispensing wisdom passively internalizing aggression, not dry snitching when the racist ass wops are set upon

but he saved Sal and his sons from getting violently killed.

yep. ready to do any odd job sal asks of him and does it with a smile. and I'd be an alcoholic too if I spent so much time trying to improve a hopeless people.

Funny thing is, the filmmaker Spike Lee himself sided with NIGGAZ in this film instead of this guy.

Spike is a foolish public speaker but I think he is unconsciously understanding of how fucked up the black community is in general. His whole movie Chi-Raq places the blame of Chicago's gang violence squarely on blacks.

Yeah, pretty much.

>Here’s the thing: I grew up here in Fort Greene. I grew up here in New York. It’s changed. And why does it take an influx of white New Yorkers in the south Bronx, in Harlem, in Bed Stuy, in Crown Heights for the facilities to get better? The garbage wasn’t picked up every motherfuckin’ day when I was living in 165 Washington Park. P.S. 20 was not good. P.S. 11. Rothschild 294. The police weren’t around. When you see white mothers pushing their babies in strollers, three o’clock in the morning on 125th Street, that must tell you something.

>Then comes the motherfuckin’ Christopher Columbus Syndrome. You can’t discover this! We been here. You just can’t come and bogart. There were brothers playing motherfuckin’ African drums in Mount Morris Park for 40 years and now they can’t do it anymore because the new inhabitants said the drums are loud. My father’s a great jazz musician. He bought a house in nineteen-motherfuckin’-sixty-eight, and the motherfuckin’ people moved in last year and called the cops on my father. He’s not — he doesn’t even play electric bass! It’s acoustic! We bought the motherfuckin’ house in nineteen-sixty-motherfuckin’-eight and now you call the cops? In 2013? Get the fuck outta here!

Listen to Patrice talk about spike lee when you have the time
youtu.be/YnyC2-51tQs

3 minutes in and already loving superman and lebron bits, thanks.

this ignorant nigger. there are shootings in Brooklyn and the Bronx nearly every day. those subway slashings didn't seem to wake him up that NYC isn't any less dangerous because there's more white residents?

Why was the garbage not picked up? Why werent the police around?

Because why should the public service care about people who don't pay taxes?

but NYC is far less shit than it was in the 70's and 80's

Thank two decades of Republican mayors for that.