How would you feel if instead of an American "gun culture" we could have an American "katana culture" instead?

How would you feel if instead of an American "gun culture" we could have an American "katana culture" instead?

It would prevent mass shootings, eliminate collateral killings in gang shootouts, still allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves and... heh... not to mention, it would be badass as hell.

Prove me wrong.

>PROTIP: you cant

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=cGbE0L2zWbc
cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/
theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/01/at-least-50-reported-dead-in-september-attack-as-china-celebrates-xinjiang
mobile.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/world/asia/man-stabs-22-children-in-china.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dm2ud36dD-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Actually, what ARE the laws on carrying fuck-off huge knives in the various states?

I have yet to try and open-carry my katana in public for fear of scaring away the everyday common folk. Ive only concealed carry the sword underneath my black, leather trench coat for practical purposes, which hides it from plain sight.

Then they will use the short katana knives to stab and murder people like those 3 guys who stabbed people leading to 100+ injured and killed.

Mass stabbings happed usually with a decent high kill and injury rate.

try walking around with one and find out

Open carry of long blades is legal in most states.
this roleplay post is more likely illegal than just wearing it in the open.

Ok, but the government has to only use katanas when I'm combat with it's own citizens.

What if instead of a political party culture, we had a free thought and educated culture?

Ask that nigga who pulled a sword on some thugs in a subway.

Katanas are not for niggers

>milady
youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc

Your proposal would eliminate the important equalization of force than firearms offer. I'm 6'0", 250 pounds, and 15% body fat. My wife is 5'4" and 110 pounds with her boots on. She is as likely to kill an attacker of any size as I am, however, because a 13"x.08" hole with 37.25" of surface area to bleed is going to lead to either organ failure or a massive drop in blood loss.

Yeah sure. Just get all the niggers in the inner cities and the drug cartel members and the Muslim terrorists to drop their guns for Katanas and then I'll switch my gun for a sword (no I won't tho).

>implying Katanas aren't the ultimate equalizer
Only true gentlemen would need to have the skill.
>girl is getting hit on
>teleport behind girls
>tough luck kid
>slash them
>rescue m'lady

This should be Sup Forums's project. Get niggers to run around with swords and armor.

>Katana
>Not Estoc
>Not Saber
>Not Rapier
>Not Cutlass
>Not Katar

Seriously, you had to choose the most stereotypical of blades that people circlejerk over.

Spears are better murder weapons than swords, just spear some fag in the face and hes screwed and its easy to spear someone in the face because if they try to block it well they cant use that hand anymore forever.

If you can slice a bullet in mid air which is shooted from a gun brought in a black market by a criminal then you have my respect
*tips fedora*

Your English skills are so poor it sounds like you're killing m'lady. Tilt the fedora up so you can see, Zatoichi.

Spears and Lances also have range.

They're still strictly inferior to a modern pistol loaded with modern, high quality, self defense ammunition.

>PROTIP
>tip

i have a katana
was on sale
i regret it
should have gotten a mace
fragile yet sharp blade

Pa has the most retarded knife laws. They are all circumstantial. You need to give a good reason to carry besides self defense

This is how our culture would be. I can't stop cringing.

youtube.com/watch?v=cGbE0L2zWbc

That's what you say. But I know there are some gypsyes here that have cheap chinese crap metal katanas and slice and commit crimes with them.

>not a claymore
wew

Dude, a katana can cut a World War 2 tank in a half. If you tried to shoot me I could just slice your shitty pistol and cut off your head with a one strike.

Bestoc

Euro swords are better.

Katanas are shit get a broadsword if you want to gore a dude, just aim for the abdhomen and back away as their intestines fall out of their body.

*cuts your argument to pieces*

Try living in Chicago. No dagger, no blade over 2.75", no double edges. I can carry a 10mm pistol with hollow points, but a utility knife? Thats a municipal offense, son.

Thankfully nobody gets charged for that shit alone. Unfortunately, that means whatever cop found it just added a piece to his knife collection.

>sword

>not using a spear

what

I have to admit, I wouldn't be prepared for you to squat instead of duck.

Hell even axes would be a better choice than Katana, you can throw them at people as well. One well thrown axe at someone's skull would be deadly.

>ywn be a knight walking around a city with a longsword

>spear
>not using best of both worlds war scythe

Be prepared when you miss that first jab and I clamp the haft of the spear between my sleeve of chain and my cuirass and then drive my bastard into your throat, foot peasant.

>it would prevent mass shootings
there would just be mass slicings instead
wait until r9k loners master bankai

>katanas
>useful anywhere other than open space
pic related would CLEARLY be the superior option for everyday use

Axes can easily get stuck in a person, you might as well just an iron bat and aim for their chest to really fuck them up.

Yeah, but it would be more awesome. Gunshots are anti-climatic as fuck.

I completely agree bro
pic related it's me

>Neckbeard gangs pop up everywere
>/r9k/ becomes the new Chiraq

I support Katana warfare

This would significantly reduce black crime because NIGGERS are too stupid to learn Iatjutsu and authortarian power-tripping pig cops won't be able to just pull a trigger and kill someone because that person didn't obey the state, instead he will have to beat me 1v1 in singular combat with folded nippon steel, which he will never do.

>not having a dagger in other hand to stab their hand off the non bladed blade of the spear.
Its a basic technique to bait the sucker into grabbing the harmless area then slice their fingers off.

>reduce black crime
>who is sho'nuff

>Not Gladius

stay pleb

>katana

Could you have picked a shittier weapon?

Oh shit, it's that character select screen guy.

A katana couldn't even beat a standard issue police riot shield.
I doubt if it could even cut through a metal nightstick.
You'd be like the dindu in the new star wars getting his ass beat by the tonfa stormtrooper.

I was just using some examples of blades that are better than weeb jerkoff fantasies.

Niggers in the Caribbean and Africa usually have most murders caused by bladed weapons not guns meaning nigger crime wouldnt even change at all infact unlike the gun shooting the murders would be actual murders. There would be 10 injured 3 dead drive by shooting no the niggers would get out of the car and stab the shit out of their targets killing them. Niggers in America in middle school and highschool already stab eachother with knives.

You need to be physically fit to use a sword effectively, I can't see it catching on.

>I am trained in the Katana culture

29 killed 130 injured in knife attack
cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/

50 killed in knife attack
theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/01/at-least-50-reported-dead-in-september-attack-as-china-celebrates-xinjiang

22 children stabbed to death in knife attack
mobile.nytimes.com/2012/12/15/world/asia/man-stabs-22-children-in-china.html

Fair enough, the katana is shit. I really don't get why people like it so much. It cant cut through anything, it cant go through armour, it cant go through other swords. fucking weebs

You're such a weabo for suggesting this.

I mean to give you a picture of how shit you are: Imagine this:

14th Century Fuedal Japan. A well decorated palace with gaurds adorned with steel katanas folded multiple times on peaks of foggy mountains by aged master craftsmen.

And you run in, overweight drooling with a wooden club from the 5th century. You'd look like an idiot.

That's how you look bringing that shitty metal penis model into the 21st century.

is there any country where it's legal to carry swords for self protection?

Gladius is perfect with a big shield and stabbing moves. Short swords were good because you had more mobility when using it in formation, reducing friendly fire greatly.

Gladius would be pretty useless 1 vs 1 and without a shield

Katanas were (at the time) the best means of defending yourself on short notice from an attack, so people (nobles and samurai) carried them.

Now guns are the best means of defense, so we carry those.

People can, and have, and do carry out mass killings with katanas to this day. Usually they just suck with them, so the results are underwhelming.

Anyway, you wander around with your katana, unless you are top *teleports behind you*, anyone with a gun who's intent on killing you is going to wreck your shit; you don't know he has a gun, he definitely knows you have a katana. He has the initiative.

Lastly, the big secret is the guns aren't only to defend yourself from the thuggery of your neighbors, it's also to defend yourself from the thuggery of foreign nations and domestic usurpers. Neither of those will be strapping on katanas to fight you with. They're going to shoot you.

I realize this was bait, but fuck it.

*pulls out katana"
"teleports behind you"
*scoffs* nothing personal kid

1v1 without a shield yeah I suppose longer swords would be better, plus you can't really swing a gladius as it's fairly slow to swing, best for stabbing cunts though

*slashes you to pieces*

In Poland it's legal to carry them, but defending yourself is tricky, since you have to prove that the force you used to defend was not excesive. So I guess it would only work out if the other guy attacked you with also a sword, or a gun.

>implying wooden clubs aren't frighteningly effective weapons

English archers used them to take down French men-at-arms wearing $180,000 of plate harness.

"Gun culture" would be transformed into

youtube.com/watch?v=dm2ud36dD-s

Then only the biggest and strongest people would rule

Anything under 3 inches is legal in my state, so I carry a set that connects 24 pieces into what I call my sephiroth blade. It only takes me 45 minutes to connect all the pieces. as you can imagine, no one fucks with me around here.

>gladius would be pretty useless 1 vs 1 and without a shield

Not if you're trying to kill someone, give a shit about mobility, and aren't dealing with an armored opponent. Look up the Fairbairn-Sykes.

think again son

no strength of armour will defend from overwhelming momentum.

England, if you've been given the freedom of the city, which is actually still awarded quite frequently to people for shit like charity work, or entire regiments from the Armed Forces..

That's an old law that'd be changed sharpish if anyone actually tried it though, a bit like how it's legal to shoot any Scots you see in York.

I think that hammer was a tool used for driving stakes into the ground - not really a weapon per se

>A FUCKING POINTY STICK
>and leaf

Come on Canadabro, you know that's not going to puncture kevlar. You need more force behind it. That's why war scythe is objectively best.

I think it's pretty impressive that the bottle didn't go flying off

only legal if you do it with a crossbow (and not on sunday)

>wooden club
>5th century

I realize they may have been stuck on wooden clubs in straya in the 5th century, but the rest of the world had a bronze age and an iron age.

And no, the Americas prior to colonization don't count either; they were abo scum also.

Yeah but then we'd have mass teleport behinds u and slices u in half

That mad bastard was pissed off when the yanks nuked Japan because he'd just got on a boat to the Pacific theatre and was upset they'd cut the war short. He was hoping for at least another five years.

Still the last English soldier to kill an enemy soldier with a longbow as well, in addition to capturing a German mortar crew armed with nothing but that claymore.

Mental.

In VA, if I'm reading the law correctly, any knife under 3 inches is fine. Above that and it has to be noticeable and identifiable, so sword canes aren't allowed but a sword in a scabbard on your hip would be.

I find a sweet irony that japs fold the blade so many times, only to have his tiny no milk bones crushed by a club.

You can carry them in the United States. You would just get laughed at (behind your back, since they would assume you are mentally ill and wouldn't want to provoke some sort of violent reaction)

>that pic
Reminding me of my childhood was so necessary?

native indian clubs were pretty bad ass

I see your point but i believe long swords are always better when going 1vs1, also against multiple enemies. The reach advantage is just huge.

>Mental.
Oh my old chap. You misspelled
METAL
E
T
A
L

Not using a kriegsmesser? Shit taste all of you.

>swords
>spears
>guardless blades
fucking serfs when will they learn

>mental

I would say a true based warrior as fuck

Not like the trigger pulling softie faggots of today. Even a 10 year old can kill you with a 15$ ak47 variant.

The gunpowder jew just ruined everything based about war

They didn't have that metal spike prior to encountering the white man, though. They had no metallurgy.

That's why those aztec "swords" used obsidian razors that had to be replaced when they shattered.

Still pretty cool, but inferior to actual metallurgy.

Yes that was it's primary purpose, they used it in the melee after they'd loosed all their arrows though since they inevitably would, arrows were always in short supply. Wealthier archers would have dedicated weapons for hand-to-hand fighting but the poorer and youngers ones, they'd just grab anything at hand.

French nobility weren't impressed at men of no value killing their peers with wooden mallets.

There's accounts from either Crecy or Azincourt (can't remember) of archers crushing armoured men's skulls with those mauls. They were monstrously strong, their skeletons have bone spurs you only see in professional strongmen these days.

New Hampshire you can carry anything. We have no knife laws or sword laws.

Comparing Katana vs Long sword is apples and oranges technically. Long Sword is way more versatile and can also cut better than a katana. Japanese weaponry got the job done though and that's fine. They were pretty advanced. But if you want to compare technology between Feudal Japan and Europe, it's not even close. Europe was ahead in nearly every way.

>Igottherefernce.webm

>not using a spear
bunch of fucking nerds,
look,he has -60 movement speed,lets throw rocks at him,just for fun