This is not the international standard plug

>this is not the international standard plug
We truly live in a shitty timeline.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This should be the international standard plug.

It sorta is, but the Brazilian version doesn't comply to spec because they changed the width of the plugs for some fucking reason.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60906-1

>imblying

British.

Let's be serious here

what's wrong with this ?

Too large, the Italian one is just a Europlug with a grounding pin in the middle.

it's sturdy
you can't drop something on them and destroy your plug

Is there any plug where that happens?

By the way, are French plugs never compatible with Schuko? Most Schuko plugs have the French grounding hole for compatibility, but all French plugs I've seen don't have the grounding stuff on the sides.

>they don't use Dominator3000 power plug in his country

>There are countries where they don't use the italian plug
wtf explain this rest of the world

Plug L masterrace

why doesn't malta use it?

I dont have any idea of how we ended with the italian plug, but im just going thank god fot that

>why doesn't malta use it?
Because Malta was a crown colony until 1964.

>using the same plugs of isis

>using probabily the worst plug, poor malta

this is objectively the best plug
>earthed
>rewireable
>earth connection is made before live and neutral
>live and neutral pins are insulated to they can't be touched when live
>fused
>cord grip
>sturdy pins to minimise breakage and bending

What stops you from reversing polarity?

forgot pic

it's the same from both sides, murrican education

This is the best one, in Spain we use it too

The Genevra convention did not prohibited the use of land mines in civilian areas?

>xbox hueg

Other than that, yes. But I'm still happy with C/F.

They're really not that big

sometimes it get stuck hard in the socket, but mostly the g*rman version of this

>biggest cause of leg amputations since the end of world war two.

kinda disgusting

He's right though. There's absolutely nothing stopping you from reversing the polarity.

Occasionally you get lucky and step on the flat side

How exactly is this a problem? I've never heard anything about this before I started going on Sup Forums. I never had a problem with this living in a country with Schuko plugs, and a lot of stuff in Malta use either Europlug or Schuko that has been converted using adapters, and there you can't see which side is which.

Never forget.

well you should be okay with most appliances to be fair, but some things like lamps will have the housing connected to the neutral, so if you've reversed the polarity it would be live which could give you a shock when changing the bulb.

I, for one, welcome our chinese overlords.

You monster.

it has the added benefit of thinning the herd

I've seen a couple of things that were connected using pic related adapters that don't even pass the grounding for some reason. At least twice I've also seen Schuko plugs being jammed into the UK socket.

wtf i love chinks now
aus & nz use it too, i think china has a mix of plug types though

Any appliances or fittings that are double insulated won't need an earth.

But if something has a Schuko plug rather than a Europlug, you probably shouldn't fuck with the grounding since there's a reason the manufacturer used a grounded plug rather than an ungrounded.

Yeah definitely. Unless you want to put your life in your rcd's hands.

>it's the same from both sides, murrican education
>euro education.
Single phase (most devices) has one prong that is the neutral and one that is hot. Usually it doesn't matter but when a device has only a one pole on-off you've created an electrical hazard.

but it's AC?

retention is a good thing.
You don't want your expensive piece of equipment to get yanked out of the fucking wall socket

not when it's too much

unplugging should be a deliberate action.
you should start lifting some weights if you struggle with schuko plugs

The neutral isn't a line conductor in AC. It's a return path for current that has the same potential difference as the earth.
So certain metal parts of an appliance might be connected to the neutral and aren't meant to be live.

umm no

Engineers globally recognise the British plug as the best possible

>flat leads

>110V
even voltages in ameriga are manlet sized

Voltage has nothing to do with the plug, and it doesn't really matter anymore anyway since all modern PSUs can take 100v-250v.

>British people don't have gfi outlets
WTF

>fighting over god damn plugs
Literally doesn't matter, why is Sup Forums so autistic?

If they bend you just bend them back

dude nothing matters lmao

why even have a discussion about anything

Same desu, power strips with like a million outlets are so goddamn useful.

>what is metal fatigue

not really a problem since they don't bend very often

I've also heard that they keep falling out of the sockets, anything to say regarding that?

Only the older plugs were soft enough to bend, the new ones are stiff. But they had to be soft because they were not manufactured very precise and different width had to fit in the outlet
Really only the case with the older ones

they don't unless your sockets are fucking ancient and overused like your mother

Plugs don't really matter, you can always get an adapter. Voltage does.

>japan is split in half
That sounds so convienent

Frequency doesn't matter at all for home appliances.

What does it matter for then?

Voltage doesn't really matter that much anymore because modern PSUs tend to take all of them, even if the plug is permanently attached.

For some precision motors and stuff.
Voltage is more important as it can fuck up even you basic equipment that can't take that voltage.

Yeah, but most modern stuff take all voltages.

True but it can still be a risk.

>Brazil
for what purpose

>earth connection is made before live and neutral
What kind of a shithole uses a system where this isn't the case?

stale bait
t. EE

Funny because my deep freezer just gave me a shock when I touched the outer casing and one of my feet was not on the rug.

Only for most consumer electronics that don't consume much power. Kitchen appliances and electric tools are all single voltage. It's a common mistake for women to take hair dryers overseas and have them blow up.

Ours makes a ghost face. You're all gonna be spooked.