What does Sup Forums think about people who make a living trough Youtube?

What does Sup Forums think about people who make a living trough Youtube?

Degenerate

Work is work, they make a living because they have an audiance, it's not what I want to do with my life but enough people do it to make enough to make google (YTs parent) pay them some and some can make a living off it.

So in short, who cares.

Youtube proves that capitalism isn't flawless and you need to restrict it so disgusting degenerate ''content creator'' leeches can't get rich from talking in front of a camera
These people need to be stomped out like bugs.

i am jealous

they deserve an edgy painful death

Friends with largest Twitch streamer atm. Used to be about fun, but now Youtube/Twitch is majorly treated like a job. Those already at the top the gig is good; however, don't think about attempting to get popular without having really good social skills. Think of it like a ghetto version of having a radio talk show.

I'm jealous mostly

It isn't my business to question the market.

Who is this ample looking fellow?

In complete honesty I think it's really pathetic and contributes nothing except entertainment to idiots. At the same time I'm somewhat jealous because these no-talent retards make money doing quite literally nothing.

proof that any1 can make $$ See a homeless man w/ sign. tell him make utube chanel.

Easy work, but fleeting. The bubble will burst soon.

Best goy

In all seriousness, I will throw a huge party when this pathetic retard finally croaks.

Boogie 2988

He's a fat fuck who makes YouTube gaming videos

Pretty much this. They're basically panhandlers. Goes by an old theory of: how much money can you get sending everyone in the USA an envelope asking for $1? With Twitch's gigantic viewerbase and people wanting to appear on stream, streamers can make a ton of money.

i hate pretty much all of them

>Boogie 2988

Thanks Ameribro. I'm glad that I never got sucked into this spectator sport of watching other people play video games.

Happy Independence Day.

>spectator sport of watching other people play video games.
Let's play baffle me. Why the fuck would anyone waste their time watching those?

Makes me want to break into the scene for easy money, but i could not bear to go through the awkward 50 sub phase.

I'm good looking, and have a patrician taste in video games, but I have a hard time imagining that I'd have a wide range of appeal, everyone that gets over 100k views per video is either a screaming shit or super niche.

>Youtube Vloggers get paid by Google
>Google gets paid for advertizing space by companies
>Companies are get pay by Consumers

In the end, even if you use addblock, you end up supporting people who's only job is talking before their computer few hours a week.
The only solution is to boycott companies which adversize on Youtube.
Does someone have a list?

> have a patrician taste in video games
Implying that's true you would get like 1k subs

>Youtube Vloggers get paid by Google
>Google gets paid for advertizing space by companies
>Companies get paid by Consumers

In the end, even if you use addblock, you end up supporting people who's only job is talking before their computer few hours a week.

The only solution is to boycott companies which adversize on Youtube.

Does someone have a list?

Is there a market for an asian debunking Anita Sarkeesian for the 2 millionth time whilst talking about video games? I will transition into Trump shilling and cherry picking as many crazy left wing media and debunk those as well.

Is this a recipe for success on Youtube?

They aren't being paid out of charity. Nothing wrong with capitalism. Good for them.

They aren't being paid out of charity. If advertisement services are willing to pay for their exposure then good on them.

captcha strikes again.

Publicly accessible Internet was a mistake.

They are people who will starve to death once they hit 40 and no one wants to watch them anymore.

If you can get easy money from it, why not take advantage of it?

reminder that boogie is a defeatist who will never try to lose his weight and fix his life.
i hope he fucking chokes

by the time they 40 they will have a fuck load of money, assuming you're good

Why is there so much drama between them? I don't even waste time on Internet celebrity faggots and I wind up hearing stupid feuds going on in the "Youtube community".

You can probably SMELL the estrogen in the air at Youtube celebrity gatherings.

>have a patrician taste in video games
You're either lying to yourself or you don't actually play video games.

it's the same question of why would anyone waste their time and money watching people play sport on TV or in the stadium.

Stop pretending they're equivalent. TV, film and real sports are far better than playing video games let alone watching another retard playing them.

VIdeo games are pathetic.

I envy some of the established gaming channels. Playing videogames for a living, making videos, having an audience. But I know its time consuming too. Must feel good when you make enough youtube bucks to be able to quit your day job.

At the same time im concerned about the future. Im certain a youtube carreer wont last forever. So you'll have to look for a job related to your channel wich might work if youre famous enough. Worst that can happen is you'll have to pick your old job up again, and find out you've become obsolete because you've been standing still working on your youtube career, and a generation of new people have come that know more than you.

>boogie
>make a "living"

He's chosen to kill himself through his weight so he can generate sympathy which means more viewers, which means more money, which means more food, which means more weight, which means more sympathy, etc. It's as exhibitionist and fetishist as that guy who is 700 lbs who films himself doing disgusting things and sells the videos. Boogie's viewers basically get off by trying "help" him with advice and donations and pats on the back. It makes them feel like good people, while the 500 lb sociopath rakes in the dosh and slowly succumbs to his own greed.

the guy is past the point of no return, physically and mentally

spending so many years lying to yourself and justifying your bad choices must have an effect

>retarded professional sports fan spotted

watching the same stupid ball games being played for the 1000th time is worse than playing video games

I don't see how it's any different than being a TV or radio host. Except they don't have writers, editors and all that. Most people do their recording, editing and writing by themselves and come up with new content pretty often. Most people don't make enough to be a Youtuber full time, so they work part time meanwhile.

I don't understand how some of the Youtubers have the fan base they have, but I never understood retards in the first place. What I really hate with a passion is Twitch stream whores who gets donations of $1000-2000 to show cleavage while playing games poorly.

ez money. same with twitch streamers.

implying they save
implying they invest

saw a video from a cod commentary guy i used to watch
he drives a sports car now
his channel is pretty much dead, because he has no video making talent other than talking over mediocre gameplay and giving out shallow life advice once in a while
he moved on to twitch streaming now

No I don't think they should be able to make a living off it. But there's nothing you can do about it. There is a culture of people who get 100% of their entertainment from watching people's twitch and youtube channels. Nothing will stop idiots from giving content creators money. As far as youtube goes, well that's all youtube. They created a system where the rich get richer and of course youtube gets richest. It's all about creating a top tier of elite commercialized content creators whom 90% of the world view, keeping online users focused on good goy content.

I would never donate to somebody who plays a video game. I do think, however, some content creators have unique talents, skills, and knowledge on certain niche subjects that are worth some merit, but this is generally few and far between.

i've only watched one of his videos but he is such a crybaby.
>when you fatshame me it doesn't help
so this guy has to wait until the whole world is supportive of his fatness until he gets his shit together? he's the definition of a manchild.

not really. sports take actual skill and its real humans doing real things with real consequences and things at stake; watching people play games is just skinny nerds hunched over a computer

Feliz dia de la independencia

He says, using it.

I think you mean web 2.0 was a mistake

I don't watch any sports. I'm not delusional enough to believe video games are a respectable hobby though.

Niggers aren't human

I think it's 100% healthy free market.

It's the same as demos for games if u like it buy it if not don't
That's how it works now cause companies don't make demos for all anymore which is a shame

It's never too late. If he'd stop being a baby he could do it, but he won't because he's a fucking loser with no self control. People like him piss me off.

>Thinks he's an authority on what people should consume

Ever wonder why hardly any North Koreans or Cubans on the internet?

>mfw making >3k a month doing gaming videos while Sup Forums angrily wiggles their fists at me for getting paid to do jack shit
>literally never use clickbait or caps in titles, still successful
>you will still reply to this comment angrily demanding to see my channel, talk shit and complain
>mfw degenerate and proud

"Women were built for rape" ~WoodysGamerTag

So you pre emptively refuse to provide any kind of proof for your claims? Cool story bro. Enjoy your autismbux.

"I'd vote for Hitler if he was alive today" ~FPS Russia (Kyle Myers)

this. social skills are really important for that sort of job. you can only do it if you're a fucking turbonormie piece of shit with 500+ friends on FB and and hundreds of twitter followers before even starting a channel.

great social skills are the reason why Boogie is married in the first place and why he can keep doing this fucking stuff despite needing a mobility meme scooter now.

They are great. But people who make their money are degenerate.

It's like putting on any other kind of show. If people pay you for it then you're in business and good luck to you. The free market is a wonderful thing.

>The only solution is to boycott companies which adversize on Youtube.

.........LOL wage-earner's mindset: "Boycott advertisement!!"

Boycott advertisement = no exposure.

No exposure = no demand.

No demand = no business profit

No business profit = no money for wages

No money for wages = surprise, you're unemployed.

probably just pity for him tho and shes after all them youtube bucks after he croaks. hes like 40, has not lost any weight in the 10 years hes been making them videos, he never will

Pretty stupid desu, it's not sustainable.
Once the views start drying up they have no marketable skills and have to explain to whomever they go to get a job why they have a huge gap in their work history, plus unless you're lucky you're never going to make 6 figs.

Unless you have some sort of shtick, most of it is based on vanity. Good looking young people can make it work.

Video games will be the most successful as there is always something new to play. If you are FPS russia you eventually run out of modern military weapons to use or new things to blow up.

I don't really see the appeal of watching 20-somethings creep around all day in their condos, opening up boxes of free cell phones and toys, with very little else to do.

I also don't see the earning power through advertising. I mute and skip every ad I come across on youtube and I would imagine younger people do as well.

why would there be a gap in their work history, if they weren't fucking retarded they would start a company and pay themselves through it to reduce their tax burden, and then they could say "yeah I ran a social media production company for x number of years"

They're like friend simulators for autists.

Why would anyone post frogs on a chilean cybernetic dishwashing board?

>Person looks up your "media production company"
>It's you playing video games shirtless
I mean sure you can make it work, but honestly it's a real risk, and it would probably raise some eyebrows.

I liked it until Patreon.

Then I started to realize these people are making money from Youtube, plus an additional 5,000-10,000 dollars on their patreons, PER MONTH, to do nothing but sit in front of a webcam and make Windows Movie Maker tier edits.

>not sustainable

Of course is not. That's why it's 1 in a million who do it full time.

But with that kind of money he can just invest and live comfortably while he figures out what else to do. Shit he can retire early if he wants.

It's legitimate supply & demand like anything else. You or I have no say about what some people supply and others demand, as long as no one's being harmed in the process. That's free market.

hi Hillary, seems you need to practice more spanish because is día, not dia you oldhag

> I ran a social media production company for x number of years

>Employer looks at your Youtube channel
>it's just you bitching about movie and making clickbait

the fact that they were able to generate a following is a marketable skill. in fact, it's an extremely marketable skill given how much one's ability to attract attention controls the market.

instead, he only makes videos about how his parents abuse him and wants to remain neutral in every debate because being fat doesn't mean he has thick skin to take harsh words

No one has thick skin to take harsh words. We just get the fuck over it.

I'm sick of people fucking attempting to justify their obesity.

PUT THE FORK DOWN
YOU CAN'T GET FAT IF YOU DON'T FUCKING EAT 10,000 CALORIES A DAY

Letting me see gameplay
Getting their opinion
Watching/hearing video game stuff when I'm busy
The extremely rare actually funny commentary.

Don't get me wrong, I hold nothing against people who do it, but it's not that lucrative if you're not like the top .1% of youtubers, and I would never burn bridges like that guy with glasses did.

>But with that kind of money he can just invest and live comfortably
True, but it's not that hard to do if you're not a poor fag
>Put $300-500 away a month for 30 years
>plus 401k around 6 percent each month (hope your company has a nice policy)
If you don't have at least a million by retirement you failed.

It also depends on the game. With games like Mario Bros, anyone can get down the concept of jumping properly. But with skill-based games like Super Smash Bros or Street Fighter, you're actually not going to win against a good player by mashing buttons. League of Legends professional teams will often have more hours of training than footballers do for football. But that's also Esports, not YouTube. Being good at YouTube is just as hard, if not harder, than producing a TV show. You need to make quality content for your audience. Most professional YouTubers have a young adult audience, and they can be very fickle. I will probably get fucked for saying this, but look at PewDiePie. Biggest YouTuber ever, something around 46 Million subscribers. Clearly, those people like something about him. He's a comedian, your friend and TV show all in one. He strives hard to make good content for his fans. Sure, it might not be a "real job" but he's getting paid, and putting some funny stuff out there. Humor is subjective, but if you say he isn't funny, and being a YouTuber isn't a real source of income, about 46 Million people and his 7 Million dollars annually will disagree with you

True, but you also have everything that you've done on file for easy viewing. I'd be worried if I did it just because I would probably at some point call someone a nigger, and I don't want that shit haunting me.

Plus even with that real legitimate skill you're still going against people with specialized degrees who also have experience, but in a more corporate setting, unless you want to start out at entry level with entry pay.
I mean it does happen though, it's not impossible, hell even Moot got a job at (((Google))) despite his career choices.

The entertainment industry is really the only export America has. That includes YouTube

This is not true at all. PewDiePie for example and Markiplier and even jacksepticeye all make money doing minimal work screaming at the computer and just filming hours of gameplay. The. They ship all the footage off to some company that edits it and makes it into 50 videos.

I wish everyone's tastes and interests would align with my own, but at least they rely on voluntary exchange instead of having the government redistribute productive people's income to them.

Underrated trips

Clearly the people who watch him like it, and the problem is we can't stop them from doing so. I have no problem with people making money however they want as long as it doesn't put other people in serious harm. Why should you?

No they don't, they hire their editors or do it themselves. I know Mark and Felix have their own personal editors now.

Gib channel. I'd actually be interested in a gayming channel that isn't clickbait garbage

I'll see them at Starbucks in 20 years.

Pretty cool IMO. I hate people like PewDiePie, but I respect the shit out of him. He makes 12 million dollars a year playing video games and screaming at a camera. Literally living the dream.

There is no such thing as a respectable hobby. Don't fucking kid yourself.

my hobby is teaching poor and disadvantaged inner city children how to read and write, so you might want to rethink that

Don't teach Muslims dude smart ones are the worst terrorists

Basically like saying your hobby is tipping camwhores so they can afford to pay their rent.

It's just altruism m8.

Degenerate. Extremely. Worse than TV for other generations.

Every single one of them is playing a character.
You really think they give a fuck about their audience, at all? Of course not.
The shit really bothers me. They are fully grown men pretending to find it funny to scream and make jokes aimed at 10 year olds...sometimes they break character and yeah, overall it's fucked up.
I said this from day one (like 2008ish) but they are teaching an entire generation of kids to follow the latest trend, to sit in doors and do nothing but play games, to think they know it all because they watched it in a video or heard something about it, to think they've experienced stuff because they watched someone else do it... to essentially be a faggot.

The YouTubers only care about money of course, so they inject literally anything into their videos of them screaming and doing whatever they do... My younger brother watches this shit and I've heard the gamers just repeating the latest popular bullshit to fill time and stay relevant.
Naturally, YouTube is shilling the worst of the bunch too.

There is going to be a whole new level of "neet" and other retardation when this generation grows up... Worse than anything we have now

More women and money for you, then.

Let me remind Sup Forums that Sup Forums in general is degenerate. So therefore you are degenerate.

i surprisingly like h3h3, even tho he's not Sup Forums at all

>More women and money for you
How do you figure that? Society shifts with popular culture, obviously.
There is a reason they make so much money from YouTube... Naturally, women follow money and status. The """new media""" guys have probably been responsible for more job cuts than you know.

Also, it's not about money or women, you weak, spineless cunt.
Some people just DON'T want to see the world burn.

>implying Cuba and North Korea are any bit similar

Then maybe you should stop being a retard and realize how utterly irrelevant a few guys on youtube truly are.

Your cute little country just destroyed more wealth overnight with one vote than Boogie will make in his entire life.