NOOTKA GENERAL /ng/

*TAP*

*TAP*

mmmm...nootka....not for sale.....mmmmm......gateway...mm...to CHINA.......nootka.......careful....not for sale...Stuart Strange....

>tfw your boss won't stop mumbling about some island
>he keeps using the fireplace to rape his sister while I'm here
>he also managed to piss off the most power corporation in history as well as some royalty

did him a favor.......mmmmm.....favor..............mmmmmmm...extreme violence.......hmmmmmm

MISTAH DLAINEE

ATTTTIICUSSSS

>BLOCKS UR PATH

>BLOCKS YOU OTHER PATH

wwyd?

>when it's 8:05 and the butt sex started at 8:00

Are you memes or are you discussions?

>Brace confesses to poisoning Delaney senior
>Fully expects James to fly into a fit of rage and gut him like a fish
>Instead James just tells him to go downstairs and help Lorna and Robert make dinner
Actually got a chuckle out of me

FUCKING FUCK
FUCK

>mmmmmm...just want to get on my ship...mmm...the homo keeps saying I don't have one....have a use for him though....mmmmm....I need to get caught now...meet my friend ATTICUS...

Because James already knew Brace killed him. The very first episode has James ask the mortician how did he die and he said 'arsenic, low doses over a long period' or some shit. James also confirmed Brace went to the shop to buy the arsenic shit.

James was basically just wanted him to admit to killing him, so it would make him feel better (Brace). James already knew. But he has a use for Brace so he won't kill him. Brace now knows James knows, so he'll work harder. Or at least be more at peace that he knows James knows.

Brace confirmed for most deserving of having his smile protected, followed closely my mister delaney junior

How does the American doctor get away with it? Is he entirely underground or what? I would think he would be public enemy number or at least heavily surveillanced since Britain is starting shit with America.

hmmmm

He's a real doctor, so he probably has some kind of academic visa/documentation that protects him.

He's just a yank. Remember huge numbers of septics remained loyal to the crown. Lots of them were moved to Barbados I think. One of the Caribbean islands. Anyway it's highly possible that the guy was a loyalist American who moved back to Britain. So he'll just be ignored. He's a spy, he has a back story.

I didn't even think about loyalist Americans.

What about the british noblewoman who heads the american spies?

hmmm

I thought she was a German?

This show is about 5/10 if I'm being honest.

I still like it though.

What's wrong with it aside from James being an uber-mastermind for ill defined reasons?

he's not though, lots of the shit happening is him improvising on the fly and it usually all hinges on one thing happening or he is fucked.

James isn't an uber-mastermind. He has the ability to talk to the dead, who know shit that's happening. Like knowing the whores were going to betray him, the dead tell him that she is going to. He knew the American was a spy because the dead told him so.

Wheres the Stewart Strange Vocaroo lad from a few threads ago, your mister Delaney was spot on

Okay so he's going to use Strange to get a ship, but how?

mm

He has a use for him.

>What do you want?
>I stole your powder. The powder under your protection. You knew about this. I'll tell them about it, you'll hang. I'll also tell them about the slave trading, so you'll go down for that.
>Okay I'll get you out in exchange for your silence.

There. That wasn't hard.

> guy is named Cholmondeley
> everybody calls him Chun-Li

Explain this shit!

They say Chum-li.

>tfw you realize MUH PELT, mhmm and SHALOOOM are all the same immortal character

Brace is going to be gutted by James after his usefulness runs out.

It will be like the scene out of V for vendetta where V kills the woman painlessly while he comforts her til death.

It was America that started shit with Britain, not the other way around.

America led an imperial invasion of Canada, which was repelled and Washington burnt.

James doesn't really seem to give a shit about anyone, but Brace has been apart of his life for a very long time, he means more than say, atticus.

He keeps people he has a use for, Brace is a house bitch, which is useful. He's on the boat.

Yes but he killed James' father, I can't see him let that go. But he understands why he did it, so he will make it quick.

Tell me you can't see the scene, they are alone in a room, Brace looks at him because he knows what is about to happen, they exchange words and Braces eyes water, James hugs him, Brace closes his eyes and a knife pierces his heart as we get a close up of a stone faced James.

James doesn't kill people unless they're directly obstructing his goals or they've betrayed him and he needs to make an example.

That's why he didn't kill Thorne in the duel (and was surprised and disturbed when Zilpha killed him on her own). His plan was to always to kidnap Zilpha and take her to America, Thorne's death was unnecessary.

This. Fucking american

I think james was just more pissed that brace didn't tell him straight up. he burned all the letters in the box he doesn't give a shit.

Would james risk his plans just to save brace? Probably not. but he won't just kill him for no reason. hell some random guy betrayed or was about to betray him and all he did was cut his thumb off. that guy wasn't killed until he allow muh ship to blow up.

So was old one thumb actually going to betray James or did he mutilate an innocent man to intimidate the others?

The fact that he kept him on to watch the boat after makes me think he was innocent.

It depends on whether or not you think James' African voodoo magic actually works, just like Atticus said.

That's not much better.
Why make the name twice as long as it needs to be?

Best character in the show

You're a midsized guy

>Yes but he killed James' father, I can't see him let that go.
James hated his father.

And after Brace told him about the drowning, he now hates his mother.

And after Zilpha killed Thorne, he now suspects she's just as crazy as mom.

None of the people he uses are really evil, but they aren't innocent, either. That's why they are disposable. The exceptions are Lorna, Robert, and Winter. He warned Lorna and Winter to keep their distance (his advice was not heeded) and he tried his best to keep Robert out of it but circumstances required he put the boy to use.

Brace pisses me off so much.

He's not getting paid to snark and criticize his employers. And his le Scottish Brogue is just tiresome. If I was Delaney I would throw him to the streets.

>he now suspects she's just as crazy as mom.

But he is the craziest.

Also, I thought he talked to his father in the fires when he way away? why would he hate him?

>Chichester is their bishop
>Delaney is a horse
>and Prinny is their queen.
>I think it's time we started moving some pieces.

lel what pieces? Farmer got superstitious and snitched to the local priest, who reported up? That was a stroke of luck. What other purposefully placed pieces were Strange implying?

Is it the letter-snooping butler Brace?

If Brace wasn't insanely loyal he would've gotten off Delaney's wild ride long ago. But he cares too much, and that's why James keeps him around.

>Why would he hate him?
James blames his father for his mother's imprisonment and subsequent death.

Mhm scary mhm nootka

hmmmm STUART STRANGE hmmmm

careful hmmmm

>EIC have 104 spies in London
>Crown has 202
>Yet they don't know about Gofrey's activities, even when he's running in public to Delaney's house
>But James knows

hmm...

>lel what pieces?
Winter was murdered by the East India Company, leading Helga to rat James out.

Although I don't think Sir Stuart knew about it beforehand - it was ordered by the guy with the jowls.

AMERICANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>You have to be better!
>Sir Stuart sends his regards.

Of course James knows, the dead tell him all secrets. A ghost listens to the shit being said, who then tell Delaney.

I think it is because they sort of imply that the Americans and the dude who works for Delaney with the compass tattoo are killing everyone who goes near the house.

If African Magic is so powerful why didn't the niggers know they are about to be enslaved???

Goddy probably works threeways, spying for Coop and the FUCKING AMERICANS as well. Like all of London knows where the Faggot House but no one makes out who Goddy is? If this were a halfway decent spy story, he'd been approached long ago.

YOU DON'T GET TO CALL FRIENDS TO YOUR CELL

it's too perfect though, james blacksout on the beach by himself with winter adn she's dead the next morning. if they could kill winter so easily they would've just killed james instead.

Why the fuck did he dig the husband's grave?

East India didn't want him dead at that point.

Now they do.

Because they can only talk to dead niggers in Africa who won't be knowing about what the white bois are going to do. Even if they did, what can they do to stop it? Their fellow BBC's trade their lives for guns.

>Kills James
>Nootka Sound now belongs, legally, to the 15 United States of America

Don't you follow anything?

He dug the extra 2 inches so grave robbers wouldn't be able to get him out and discover he was murdered, I think.

plus how would the little kid even know the hired killer was Company? assassins just go around announcing their employers to random urchins do they? always thought the Winter hit was an American falseflag.

They did want him dead, they just couldn't kill him as Nootka Sound would go to the USA. The confessions of the whores, however, proved that James was illegally producing, storing and selling gunpowder to enemies of the state. This made him a TRAITOR which means that any of his possessions lose all legal meaning. In essence, him dying would not result in Nootka Sound going to the Americans.

I fucking hate the "clever street urchin knows everything that happens" trope.

almost as much as the repentant, handwringing butler who got in deep with the wrong people trope

Why is it called Nootka "Sound"?

What is sound a euphemism for? it makes it sound like a recording studio.

>a narrow stretch of water forming an inlet or connecting two wider areas of water such as two seas or a sea and a lake.

That happened later.

It went like this.

>EIC wants to kill James so Nootka goes back to his sister
>James puts Nootka in his last will and testament as belonging to the US
>EIC no longer wants to kill James, but now the Americans do
>James makes gunpowder for the Americans so they can't kill him because they need his powder
>No one can kill him now, but they all wish they could
>EIC finds out about the gunpowder factory
>Makes them move
>Americans are willing to kill James again
>EIC wants to get revenge, blows up his boat, and then waits for him to get drunk
>Kills Winter as a warning
>Unintended side-effect is that Winter's whore mom and the other whore go off and rat on James to the EIC
>Now the Crown and the EIC can legally kill him
>EIC gets monopoly in Nootka which was why they wanted Nootka in the first place

That's all there is to it.

I forgot about that bit

the whore wouldn't have ratted on james if both he and winter were dead, since she wouldn't have reason to believe james killed winter.

You're missing the point.

If they killed him, then Nootka would have gone to the Americans. The EIC does not want that.

mmh

It's the sound Hardy makes when he expresses consent, acknowledgement, non-consent, small talk or just generally communicates.

> Mhmm!

What frustrates me is that it's one of these shows that take papers really seriously, as if irl in most conflicts paperwork doesn't go to hell especially between a dude and a huge company especially in 19 century.

How the hell did whores not have fields of kids back then? It's not like they had condoms or the pill. Winter should have been one of many.

sheep's gut, same tech sausages are made from. upgraded to bladders later on, did you know mammalian bladders are naturally water(semen)proof? now you fucking know

tansy

They probably have crude methods, drugs and what would be back alley abortions now.

>Why did he know so much about the border negotiations, hmm?
>How did he know they were taking place in Ghent?
>The location is a state secret.

Zilpha has wildcard written all over her face, what're the odds le woman scorned goes full Helena Bonham Carter/Marion Cotillard in the finale?

>goes full Helena Bonham Carter/Marion Cotillard in the finale?

By which you mean acting all edgy and butthurt and doesn't actually do anything?

she's already doing that, i meant more derailing well-laid getting caught was part of the plan plans via 11th hour betrayal

And now we know!

Are protagonists not supposed to be likable?

Be very, very careful now.

friendly reminder that this show is just a money laundering scheme for Tom and his dad

hardy had to find a way to lose 2 million so he could write it off on tax

So losing money was part of his plan?

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught! What's the next step of your masterplan?

I have a use FOR YOU

Is Brace the worst character to hit television lately? He has no depth and his actor is capable of total of 2 different facial expressions. Every scene with him is uninteresting and lame.

>I AM the League of the Damned, here to fulfill East India's destiny

I thought he was Mark Rylance acting hammy t b h. Said to myself wow Rylance really is a gifted actor, I wouldn't have recognized him from demeanor if it weren't for his features. Then I found out I was wrong and was sad.

Him and Winter

Also it's hard to compete with GoT for worst characters

Whoa, I didn't realize how corrupt and morally reprehensible the EIC is

The ~Honourable~ EIC, user.