Showing islander lifestyle as a cultural phenomenon

>showing islander lifestyle as a cultural phenomenon
>retarded tribal dancing
>making baskets
>sail and fish

Basically that's it. I love how the "native music" only sounds good because of the studio quality instruments and all the work that went into composing.

Where were my headshrinking rituals and cannibalism?

The script was more sloppily put together than Frozen. Fucking plotholes errywhere.

>why didn't The Rock just swim off the island

>why didn't the ocean just carry the heart to Mordor by itself

So this or Lilo & Stitch?

That's a shit question and you know it, Lilo & Stitch runs rings around this "filler Disney movie"

Because it's a kids movie

There's no excuse for bad screenwriting.

It is actually, because your target audience is about 5 years old, not some autist on a Argentinian wine making website

It's not an excuse for bad screewriting.

> I love how the "native music" only sounds good because of the studio quality instruments and all the work that went into composing.

What the fuck does this even mean?

I love how the music only sounds good because it was well composed, well played and well mastered.

>Maui can do anything but float
He literally said that he couldn't swim, dummy.

Meaning that if ocean niggers sing the exact same native songs with their own insturemnts and people it will sound like shit.

>can't swim
>decides to move around on a boat
Why didn't he stick to land?

Most screenwriting is bad, that's why it's a script and not a book

Cause sailing is the only way to travel around.

And yet he jumps off the boat at one point and basically says "fuck it, I'm just going to swim the rest of way?"

If you insist on going to islands, yes
There's fuckhuge continents, no?

I thought the film was ok honestly. I liked the music and the animation was nice. But the story was the most because plot bullshit. Why the fuck did Maui come back at the end? He pretty definitively said that he was done with that shit. We get a whole scene with Moana of her realising she can do it and must do what she set out to do but Maui couldn't have known that. We had no development that would indicate that Maui would go back other than the plot needing him to go back. The one criticism that I don't agree with is the "why didn't the sea just do it?" It pretty clearly said that the sea wanted someone who yearned for the sea so that people would sail again and use the sea for transport. I'm not even saying that's a good reason but it isn't as if the film completely ignored it.

Yes, live shows sound worse than studio produced songs. This is a fact

He was basically trying to commit suicide at that point.

It's not real, user. Just assume that those islands are the only thing that exists in that world.

>He was basically trying to commit suicide at that point.

I dunno I feel as if you've been on that island for long enough you'd have tried to do something to get off. All they had to do was allude to it and say that he failed.

>He was basically trying to commit suicide at that point.
He's an immortal demigod, dummy.

He can swim. He just can't swim across an entire ocean to escape the island.

>Where were my headshrinking rituals
Not a polynesian thing

There were no continents just islands and other islands that Maui pulled out of the sea for the humans to explore

They had barely just left the island he was stuck on before he decided to swim for the other one. He COULD have just swam there, but plot convenience disallowed him to do so.

Please stop trying to defend this horrible movie.

but cannibalism was :^)

Popular entertainment portrays foreign cultures as "beautiful and exotic" and awkwardly sidesteps the barbaric rituals and beliefs that lambasts white first world countries for

What else is new

>demigod of a bunch of islands
>can't swim

Never trust Disney, that's a rule

>I love how the "native music" only sounds good because of the studio quality instruments and all the work that went into composing.
I really hated this part about the Rock's song. That and how he says "What's happ-eninnnNNNNEAR." Stop that. You talk like yourself the whole movie, don't be a dork.

>cant swim

[citation needed]

>what I expected
How the fuck did you not expect another run or the mill Disney Princess movie? It's been their MO for years

Yeah.
It was a thing in europe, africa, polynesia and the americas.

I learned this when I was like 11 in 2001 when I saw blink 182 live

Anyone else think You're welcome was fucking catchy?

fucking child get of my website

All the songs were shit. A song being catchy is an early sign that the song will very soon become infuriatingly annoying.

>A song being catchy is an early sign that the song will very soon become infuriatingly annoying.
What?

>What?
A song being catchy is an early sign that the song will very soon become infuriatingly annoying.

What?

>why didn't the ocean just carry the heart to Mordor by itself

Lava Mom couldn't touch water without getting hurt. It would have been very hard for the sentient ocean to put the heart back on its own. Weak excuse but still.

>Weak excuse but still.
Incredibly weak. All the ocean had to do was launch a tidal wave at it to freak it out, like how Moana notices it gets freaked out when the water hits it hand, and in that moment spit the stone back into it chest.

2001 was 16 years ago silly willy. What's 11+16? blink 182 is still one of my favorite bands

Promotional artworks made it look like it was going to be an adventure story and I bought into it.

I thought it would be about the guys who discovered Hawaii or some shit

Moana was a wonderful film. It was made for children but designed to appeal to adults. If the OP doesn't appreciate the effort Disney put in to include input from the elders of the major Polynesian Islands (including Fiji, Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti etc) and doesn't understand how far they went to include Islander actors and voice actors as well as the effort to include major Polynesian Mythology... then the OP is better off opening another packet of Cheetos in Mom's basement and being an hero.

Maui's long lost brother and French-speaking pirate reincarnated as a Coconut-Crab/Decorator-Crab villain that sings like David Bowie and Tim Curry's love-child offspring was fucking awesome. And SHINY.