For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course...

>For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home

Fuck, bros ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqnVM3ejeQI
youtube.com/watch?v=ie0ctYgpZNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Q9M2PSPSgZc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

well made and entertaining

but complete bullshit

Truly insightful post there, faggot.

I don't want to sound like a MGTOW, but the movie was blue pill and a complete fantasy

ethan hawk is such a stud

I stand by the idea that the main character should have killed his brother in the last swim
He was already a selfish immoral person
The entire plot is about damning the consequences and doing what he needed to do to get what he wanted.

Well, it is called science fiction.

They needed the tweest at the end with the brother. I'm also fairly certain somewhere in the writing process the studio would have demanded that Ethan saved his brother.

Daily reminder that Jude Law's character doesn't need to die and his suicide blew away all the uplifting messages.

Somebody took their first undergrad bio course!

He didn't need to die
He just wanted to

The movie wasn't an uplifting one
It was about a very selfish man fucking over others to get what he wanted

Dude stop

>realizing your dreams despite all the odds through sheer force of will
>not uplifting

He was sick and unhealthy and putting himself in a position where people's lives depended on him

He succesfully did all his work.
He wasn't sick or unhealthy, society merely believed he was.

Did you miss the scene where he nearly died during the basic physio required of everyone else?

Can we agree that they were swimming in a bay and that eathan hawke won because he never saved anything for the way back because he was aiming for the other side?

Thats the point of saying "the other side is closer" when his brother tries to turn back

>nearly died
Got a little exhausted you mean

>nearly died
He just pushed himself a little too hard.
He wasn't sick, but he wasn't an Adonis either.

This. Tge first time I saw it and didn't realize he killed himself I was only half paying attention and didn't see where he was sitting down

The suicide was uplifting because now the audience knows that Jude Law won't be unhappy anymore.

>bluepill
>no interracial propaganda
>about pushing yourself and overcoming all odds to achieve your dreams

>MGTOW
>blue pill
>I don't want to sound like
You sound like a delusional douche fag

I think that's a fair point.
Ties up two knots nicely.

The supply is taken care of, and what happens to Jerome is taken careof.
No wondering if he'll grow old and miserable, if he'll fuck up in the future.

Edgy.

the movie is anti-eugenics and after checking out the author's other works (especially "In Time") are blue pilled and dishonest to the core

This user is right.

> I want to go to the stars, I don't care if it kills me
> So what if the launch can only happen every 10 years, these NASA dorks can try the mission again in a decade.

Or the swimming race bullshit
> I will give my all to beat my brother in a swimming race even if it means I drown and he will have to risk drowning as well to save me

Movie would have been better if the cops got him IMO

It's kind of stupid when you take it seriously.
So he wasn't sick to death. But suddenly he was stronger than his brother, and while he saved no strength he still had enough to save his drowning brother. That's like superhuman strong.

youtube.com/watch?v=VqnVM3ejeQI
So beautiful

So we would have half of a movie and then Ethan just sitting on a cell for the rest of it?
What fun user

>watching In Time
Wanna know how I know you're a pleb?

>Not watching every deakins film

There's choice, a lot of it is discipline and willpower.
If you feel like you have to you may be able to push yourself harder than you previously thought. I tend to see a clear difference when I'm out running, if I do it with someone else I can go a lot further since I don't want to give up in front of anyone else. It's not that I become stronger when I'm with someone else, if I was more disciplined and had more willpower I would be able to do the same thing on my own.

I didn't get a sense that the movie was entirely anti-eugenics, but more for the regulation of such practices.
In of itself, it's a good thing, but when you get corporations who strictly accept only people who have been 'engineered' over even people who are just as capable, but were born naturally, it's taking it too far.

Reminds me of Triumph of the Will.

>yfw the mission fails and everybody dies because this genetic reject manipulated his way in and has a heart attack

Considering In Time, it seems Jude Law has to kill himself because he was a rich kid with his genes enhanced.

>In of itself, it's a good thing, but when you get corporations who strictly accept only people who have been 'engineered' over even people who are just as capable, but were born naturally, it's taking it too far.
Also you may miss things like Vincents determination.
They should've at least have some super insane hard tests for invalids like Vincents and then given him a chance to prove himself.

He was fine.

>implying his brother wasn't the selfish one

His brother was such a selfish fag that he actually developed an inferiority complex over being beaten at swimming by Vincent when he was a kid and was determined to fuck up his bro's life because of it.

>mfw gf is a pleb who like shit like Saw and capeshit
>mfw she says she hates sci-fi (though technically capeshit is sci-fi)
>mfw showed her this yesterday and made her sit down and watch it
>mfw she loved it and was moved to tears by the ending

Slowly she's becoming a patrician.

>mfw no gf

Don't give up, brother.
Push yourself, like Vincent.

Ok user, I will

>watching every deakins "film"

>name of the baby?
>Anton-
>No! Vincent Anton... yeah that's a good name.

>Maya Rudolph as Delivery nurse
huh

this really is feels kino

i love rewatching it

youtube.com/watch?v=ie0ctYgpZNQ

>all those suits and dress and architecture
Beats In Time anytime

I dont get it. I feel like some directors just kind of stumble upon good set designers, costume designers etc and make a decent film. Sort of like ridley scott. alien 1 is aesthetic as fuck but look at the new one it looks like mass effect

>TIMMY
Good job Tim Tim

fuck off
also checked

>tfw you're about to cross the road and this theme starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=Q9M2PSPSgZc