What the bloody hell was their problem?

What the bloody hell was their problem?

>hairy poopoo
>>>/2000s/

1.) Got saddled with an orphan and a note saying "take care of this kid because people will try to kill him."
2.) Petunia was insanely jealous of Lily for getting into Hogwarts, so she hated everything to do with magic, and the fact that Lily and James were rich AF without having actual jobs.
3.) Lily got handsome, rich, generally awesome James while Petunia got a fat drill salesman. Pissed her off somewhat.
4.) Harry was a Horcrux which made everyone around him subconsciously act like an asshole, without some kind of magical protection. (Hence why everyone was nicer to him around Hogwarts/Diagon Alley.)

Still, I hope Harry made them eventually realize that he had them dead to rights on 16 years of child abuse and neglect.

They were inconvenienced by being in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>the books were good though
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

They were members of the Alt Right

The mother was literally named Pepetunia

Nothing

>le contrarian Sup Forums hipster

fine day friday
imo best day of the week
why is that Sup Forums?

Pretty average English family desu.

>4.) Harry was a Horcrux which made everyone around him subconsciously act like an asshole, without some kind of magical protection. (Hence why everyone was nicer to him around Hogwarts/Diagon Alley.)

That's really dumb, but all the others are pretty good reasons.

They were disgusting no-mags
KEDAVRA THE MUGGLES
MAGIC WAR NOW

This is why I click on Harry Potter threads.

Thank you.

>le 'I'll pretend I despise redditors using "le" ironically hoping they don't acknowledge me as the newfag I am' post

Well, look how the Locket Horcrux affected people. It stands to reason that Harry might have a similar effect.
Also, I think that's the most bullshit of my 4 reasons, which is why it's last.

>4th point says harry himself is the cause of people treating him like shit
>you think they deserve some comeuppance as a result of it

They did nothing wrong and harry is a smug little shit anyway. Deserved a good beating desu

>Petunia spent 7 years growing up with Lily going to Hogwarts and coming home for every holiday
>Doesn't know that Harry isn't allowed to practice magic outside of Hogwarts

This board is for adults, tourist.
Try /lit/ or Sup Forums for your lib propaganda

that was before want control legislation

no memes on sunday

Petunia is hot

Vernon was abused as a child and is a repressed homosexual with an IQ of 85.

>A muggle keeps up to date with Wizarding law

yes thatch what i meant

>doesn't include "No!"
Shit version, try again.

So it was Harrys fault that Dudley became a total shit?

An actual ""adult"" humanoid typed out this post.

He wanted to bang Marwood

Yeah, I don't think that's true at all, because then it wouldn't just be the Dursleys.
Basically everyone in Gryffindor, or at least his class would hate him.

It's called tough love!

What do you seriously think they were so naive to the whole wizard world that they didn't know about Voldemort? The truth is they knew exactly what they was doing to Harry by treating him bad; toughening him up to face the real world.Him living under the stairs and getting bossed around is literally nothing compared to a man trying to kill you and getting your soul sucked out of your face by a floating demon, they took a boy and made him in to a strong independent man , ready to face the reality of his life.If anything he should of thanked them but he was to busy chasing ginny's ginger muff and sucking Dumbledore's old cock to notice what amazing step-parents they were.

damn...

>gatsby still hasn't been moved from god tier
lol

They were fucking muggles(white people)

>All the good stuff is in Shit Tier

Really makes you think.

Harry was a hocrux and was corrupting them with his presence.

>they took a boy and made him in to a strong independent man , ready to face the reality of his life
except Harry was a little pussy with only plot-armour protecting him
he only knew 2 spells, expecto patronum and expelliarmus, for fuck's sake
his only real skill was somehow bullshitting people into doing his work for him

But there is an entire chapter at the start of book 1.

My apologies, I forget you underaged get easily triggered by everything in /2017/