I honestly can't believe that people were charmed by this in 2011. God is a fairytale for kids

I honestly can't believe that people were charmed by this in 2011. God is a fairytale for kids.

>let's add dinosaurs although they literally disprove the bible

Smart move Malick you fucking idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-3Q8c73ziA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Epic bait!

>everything that doesn't agree with me is bait

child

Good thread.

Anyone else think this movie would have been better if the dinosaur segment was cut?

Kids wouldn't understand this

It's... it's for adults

Not one day goes by without me thinking of how much i hate Malick and his plebeian fans.

Shoot some trees, slap some narration over and have babbies first philosophy themes. Add some "muh nature" and you got a flick that these braindead total plebs will eat up. While accusing everyone else of not "getting it"

I get it. I hate them because i get it and know how simple and "false" his films really are. I hate you because you think you are patrician for watching this shit, while not watching real cinema

It wouldn't be blowing its own argument out then.

>dinosaurs disprove the bible
American education everybody.
inb4 you mad christcuck, I don't even believe in God

Adults who believe in a magical sky daddy?

No, the birth of mercy is a crucial element of the film.

Fuck off dude. People feel mercy for each other. Animals don't give a fuck.

If you think that lizards feel empathy then seek help.

>god creates the universe
>god creates people
>oh wait, god didn't create the universe in 7 days, it was actually billions of years

woah, really makes you think

Christians don't get mad at dinosaurs movies because they know the Bible is not to be interpreted literally --at least in Europe.
American christians are the ones who go full retard with creationism.

It's still equally retarded.

>i don't have an argument have a meme pic

well meme'd

Does anyone have that picture of the receipt where Terrence Malick spent like 200 dollars on a couple cups of coffee?

The over arching point of the movie isn't so much about Christianity as it is about spirituality and an after life. Also, prove a higher power doesn't exist. Ill wait.

Bonus fact; this film defecates all over your favorite movie

Really insightful response, i could tell you're a true cineaste and Malick films are certainly not lost on you.

Who let r/atheism out?

So you're too stupid to interpret anything in a way that isn't literally?

>muh magical skydaddy is an argument
>imaginary friend is an argument
great job retard

You don't have to be Christian or even religious to enjoy this movie. If you believe you do you're probably a bit dimwitted.

>whatever makes sense is literal
>if it doesn't make sense it's not literal

woah, truly enlightening

Empty insults win arguments in your mind I see.

>let's add dinosaurs although they literally disprove the bible
There are literally two different creation stories in the bible that contradict each other.
kys, you ignorant cuck

>>whatever makes sense is literal
>>if it doesn't make sense it's not literal
Not what I said at all. Thanks for letting us know you misrepresent others arguments because you're too stupid to come up with your own.

>Empty insults win arguments in your mind I see.
you're one to talk, cuck

believing in a god =/= christianity

I don't believe in god, you seem really bitter about it though

Nothing wrong with some religious themes, some fascinating shit in the bible

The only thing this pic proves is that Christians themselves realised how retarded the Bible was.

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=a-3Q8c73ziA

It says in the Bible, Leviathans that walked the earth.

Dinosaurs are referenced in he bible, Malik conformed for austism

It also says that homosexuals should be stoned. So much for the religion of forgiveness.

Name the verse.

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

That's not supposed to be taken literally right?

>surely be put to death
its referring to hell, it does this in several other verses.

It is meant to be taken literally, but no one does because modern society's moral standards are far higher than those of the time when the bible was written. What's your point again?

>It also says that homosexuals should be stoned
ikr, that's totally relevant with the film.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy shit. You CANNOT be serious.

>LOL
ok

I agree with you. The bible is an outdated mess and nobody should take it seriously.

Just pointing out that the Bible makes no sense, and that the people who believe in it are brainwashed.

>too moral for the message of god
why do people pretend to be christian again?

user you're saying that a quote which is very clearly literal isn't. It's foolish.

>The bible is an outdated mess and nobody should take it seriously.
Again, not what I said at all. Stop misrepresenting my arguments and come up with your own.
The bible wasn't written by god, user.

the bible has a lot of writing that's lost in translation over the years. Each iteration takes more and more away from the message. The casting of the soul is often reffered to as death.

Excellent thread OP, truly enlightening

You people will say anything to keep making sense of your lies.

and you're a cunt

very Christian of you

was the scripture not inspired by the will of God? the people who wrote the book were said to have been vessels for the holy spirit to spread the word of god. god didn't write it but his will is in the words of the bible.

very cuntish of you

>Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals – as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

hmm divinely inspired

>it sounds icky, so its not real
probably the worst argument in this whole thread

so the bible is not inspired by god? it was written by normal people to push their personal agendas? the main reason for following and believing the bible is in fact, not true?

no point in it then is there :^)

Yes I agree.

>dem toes

>Just pointing out that the Bible makes no sense, and that the people who believe in it are brainwashed.
Maybe. Maybe not. That's a good discussion for /lit/ probably, or /his/ I guess. Then again what is the point of making a serious thread on a board that would probably be willing to debate over semantics, right?
Your criticism on the film is an argument against a scene. No one cares about it, it's irrelevant and you yourself are biased against it.

Just finished watching this.
What are some other movies that make you think? The only one I could compare this one with is The Fountain.

I don't understand why so many atheists continue to be overly angry about religion into their adulthood. Only thing religion does to fuck me is that I can't buy booze on Sunday to go with my kino.

spring breakers is in many ways similar to the tree of life, and it's a great film.

this is why we need to bring back lynchings

ignore this poster

This thread is a literal fedora tip

anything you say, mr quads

ignore this poster