Del toro would have the balls to show the squid

del toro would have the balls to show the squid.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_al-Qaeda_attacks#Iraq_attacks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone but Snyder would have understood the novel and would have noticed it clearly went beyond flawed characters and anti heroes.

NOBODY has less balls than Del Cucko.

this. snyder should stop reading cliffnotes for the works he adapts and instead really read the things.

This has nothing to do with balls
Del Toro would show nothing but the squid and focus the movie on how the team worked on the island to create the squid

To be fair, in a world with Dr.Manhattan, the film's plan makes more sense than the squid's

No it doesn't you pleb fuck

here we go again
do I really have to explain to you brainlets how the movie is retarded and blaming it on manhattan wouldn't solve anything?

No it doesn't you retard, the main deterrent of the US going rogue can't have the same consequences as a third party deterrent appearing out of nowhere
I swear to god you watchmen flick kiddies are braindead

Maybe. The problem with making a watchmen movie is that there are too many necessary plot points and connections in the story (like thats the point) if you try to just cut and slice the story to fit it into a screenplay you're left with odds and ends.
The comedian isa good example. Without the squid there's no reason for the island, and if there's no island then he has no reason to break down to Moloch.
The comedian could process a simple frame job and false flag. He could not handle the absurdity of a fake psychic squid ayy lmao.
I don't hate the movie, its better than I expected, but too much of the nuance from the comic is missing, and it stops me from really liking it.

at this point the posts defending the movie ending can't be made for any other than response.

>original
>nonhuman being kills tons of humans
>mankind unites to destroy a possible threat

>movie
>nonhuman being is blamed for killing tons of hu8mans
>mankind unites to destroy a possible threat

>comic
>third party threat kill millions

>movie
>american party goes coo coo, nukes new yorkd and fuck off leaving a weakened america a sitting duck for russian nukes

hmmm really makes me think

I wish the squid was in the movie just so it could recreate those insane pages like in the OP. especially the doomsday clock

>oversimplifying geopolitical elements
Alex Tse is that you?

Buildup for the squid would have been too long in a movie already with pacing problems.

Is like people that wanted the scourge of the shire part in lotr - it would be great, fantastic, but the movie is already too long and criticised, indeed, for too many endings.

Is two different mediums, get over it.

>The comedian could process a simple frame job and false flag. He could not handle the absurdity of a fake psychic squid ayy lmao.
Nah it was actually the false flag he couldn't deal with, it was one such extreme level that he just couldn't deal, it was killing millions of people and causing trauma and PTSD for probably billions with the psychic shit.
It was kinda big point that he was shown as cold and emotionless war veteran with thousand yard stare but broke down when someone did something with such huge scale and so 'evil' from his perspective. That's why it was Moloch he opened up too, he was old timey harmless scheming black-and-white bad guy, Ozymandias was so ambitious and his plan was on entirely different scale than the bad guys of the old.
Which also mirrored the whole moving from silver age comics to the gritty 80s as well

>He could not handle the absurdity of a fake psychic squid ayy lmao.
Why not?

reminder that without the squid, the entire movie is a plot hole. As there is nothing for manhattan to discover that would rub his entire farcical worldview in his face, breaking him, and forcing him to realize it really is all a joke.

>comic
>almost no heavy violence is portrayed
>final pages are literally thousands of people gored and the streets bathed in blood and goo

>movie
>violenece every 2 minutes with owl ripping off peoples arms and whatnot
>climax is a white generic hollywooed laser

really fires up my blocks

you mean for the Comedian

>it was actually the false flag he couldn't deal with

Oh so that's why he didn't break till after he went to the island and stood face to face with the squid.

It was the false flag.

Not an entire island of writers, artists, geneticsists, and psychics working to program a braindead hunk of meat with all the imagined history of an alien race so it could be teleported (with a teleporter that doesn't work because it kills anything it teleports) to new york and unleash a psychic shockwave that would drive anyone within a hundred miles insane and drop the imagined history of the fake alien into the minds of everyone else on the planet.

Just the idea of killing some people to get people to straighten the fuck up and stop trying to kill each other.

>Dan and Laurie discussing what an absolute madman Rorschach was for being so violent compared to other heroes and being such emotionless psychopath and having a laugh about it
>next scene is them violently beating up and killing petty thugs in an alley
ABSOLUTE KINO

I do. I'm so tired of these threads I can't even think anymore.

>>next scene is them violently beating up and killing petty thugs in an alley
And then fucking because of how hot that got them both.

>implying snyder can read

nigga probably just has someone read the cliffnotes to him while he says "that's cool, lets do that, hey cinematographer, do that."

>And then fucking because of how hot that got them both.
while playing hallelujah just like in shrek
daam synder you're so genius with your direction and visuals daam

But would he have the balls to use the pirate metaphor?

snyder didn't understand the pirate stuff but adapted it anyway

>Oh so that's why he didn't break till after he went to the island and stood face to face with the squid.
He didn't know about the the plan until he broke in to the labs and shit and found out what it was, the scale of the plan just didn't sit right with him.
Like I said it also mirrored the whole silver age era, Comedian represents the sorta transition from that on the meta level, he was Punisher type anti-hero with questionable morale who was kinda in the grey area but at the same time comics used to portray the exact kinda war propaganda Comedian went through during second world war and such. He was relic from the more innocent comic era to the girtty ass 'realistic' world of Watchmen, so on the metalevel he couldn't deal with the falseflag because that was too much greay area for him, characters like him were never written to such stories so he broke down because he isn't even supposed to be in that kinda story.
I mean of course the squid is part of the whole plan and also part of the reason but the main point was the ambiguity of the entire plan.

The writer of the comic put it pretty nicely. "It's like taking the counterpoint out of baroque music and selling it as a separate album."

He nuked cities all over the world. Not just New York. The fact that America was also attacked by Manhattan would turn him into a third party

It's not seperate if you watch the Ultimate cut

The intertextuality with tales of the black freighter is one of the things that elevates the structure as a whole, every part with it is filled with double and triple entendres and reinforcement of themes (nostalgia, fear of MAD), I knew it was going to miss the point when I heard that they were making a cut with an animated TotBF.

Then it's more like taking the counterpoint out of baroque music, then editing it back into an abridged version of the original composition that is a lot shorter and lacks many of the melodies that the counterpoint originally worked with.

Yeah just like in real life Al Qaeda bombing WTC turned Iraq to third party and US and Iraq worked together to bring down those terrorist while being very friendly with each other.

A squid attacking WTC wouldn't make US and Iraq work together either

Are you retarded? If Al Qaeda had simultaneously attacked both the US and Iraq, you can bet your ass there'd exist some sort of military coalition between those two countries.

Al Qaeda constantly attacked Iraq you dunce

>"be sure to desaturate everything tho"

why did the comedian break down on the movie again? it was never explained right

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_al-Qaeda_attacks#Iraq_attacks

I can't really remember if there even was island in the movie, though that wouldn't make much sense at all cause there was no sub-plot with the missing people or anything
Still if he found out about the plan it kinda makes one wonder why didn't he go to Manhattan since he was the key to the plan succeeding

because the plot demanded it

the movie also didn't cover the personal conflict between Veidt and Blake (Veidt could've hired an assassin or make Blake's death look like an accident, but went there and did it himself for a reason.) part of what broke Blake is that he finally felt bested by Veid, and why both refer to the squid plan as some big practical joke

Why didn't Doctor Manhattan just turn all the nukes into dust?

Because he wasn't Apocalypse.

Because he really didn't care about humanity, as Rorschach and the Comedian pointed out.

Because he felt remorse for his acts in life, such as the people he killed in Vietnam.

no it was because he knew what veidt was doing and he couldn't justify it being for the good of mankind