Is this organization really losing viewers that badly?

Is this organization really losing viewers that badly?

Enough for this to warrant a South Park episode to be made where the NFL tries to regain fans?

I remember hearing this before because of all the protests and controversies, but I never in my life thought that a U.S. president would become more popular than American Football even among conservatives.

What is causing a decline of viewership and turn outs for the National Football League?

Handegg is gay anyway.

Regardless of the politics, the numbers don't lie, ratings are down. Think about it, the NFL has peaked as a product. At best, the product feels like overcommercialized garbage. Stars are injured, the commissioner is a cunt. It's not a surprise it's failing

So what does this mean for the sport of American Football should the NFL eventually go under?

Who knows, but probably not good since football is also facing CTE problems

It isn't declining all that much at all, the shift from cable to streaming services is the biggest factor in play but it just happens to line up with some dumbass boycott so people are reading far deeper into it. Football and the NFL are fine until another league pops up or another sport gets their shit together

>shift from cable to streaming

t. Goodell

The NBA and MLB are both experiencing ratings boosts while the NFL is down

What are CTE problems?

i don't know anyone in real life who streams their sports, except for mma fans.

>What is causing a decline of viewership and turn outs for the National Football League?

Too many rules, it really is the no fun league. Can't wear anything unique. Can't use social media really. Touchdown celebrations FINALLY are less strict, but even so have been strict for a long time.

For example, Inside the NBA is hilarious. NBA players often diss each other or post funny shit online. The whole LeBron/Arthur shit was pretty funny. That would never happen in the NFL. Also Embiid is hilarious.

Not to mention, the league is simply getting shittier. Less people want to play football because it kills you and you make so little money compared to other sports. That's why there is like 5 good QBs and everyone else is shit. No one wants to see their team get wrecked every week.

You are a fucking retarded faggot. You believe fake news. You rarely go outside, and you believe in propaganda put forth by Russia. You are a weak-minded piece of shit that is basically a nigger. Kys

Nobody mentioned the Russian investigation and what fake news are you referring to? South Park? I would hope they are fake news since they are not a news source.

>spout off all these leftists talking points
>finish off by calling him a nigger
Are you okay bud?

You know there is an investigation regarding Russian hacking, right? Also, none of this would have happened if you fuckers would have elected John McAfee.

>He is an mad

>South Park making fun of something dropping in ratings
The ironing.
Anyways, pretty sure the ratings for tonight's TNF were some of the highest all season.

They realized leas viewers watching more commercials was profitable and did it. The sport is still great. Revenue is still miles ahead of any other sports league. viewership is still high. Its just a forced narrative.
Id blame stoppages and commercials cause I dont like them. Faggots blame kneeling, or not kneeling/kaep because they are faggots. Shitters blame the sport being boring because they dont understand it.
None of these factors really effect anything.

I understand it and it is way too complicated for no real purpose.

You know you're an impressionable retard that can't think for himself, right?

There is a difference between thinking for one's self and not denying evidence. Maybe you should fuck off back to now.

It's largely exaggerated but the NFL is indeed sponging out viewers. They did make note about the anthem protests, concussions, and domestic violence. They also didn't really parody the entire NFL to me, just Jerry Jones and portraying him as the antithesis to Goodell; which he kind of is when you think about it. I think his days in the NFL are numbered if this is the case.

Trips of truth.

Football as a whole isn't going to experience real pain until 5-10 years from now. There has been a huge drop-off in youth football participation and it's getting worse as more CTE stuff comes out. College is going to feel it first in the middle as there will be less and less talent to slip through the top programs

This is pretty dumb. Mids arent going to get CTE, NFL has really fixed it and it never effected youth or semester play. Id take a small risk of brain damage for a few million anyway. IDK about America but we wouldnt stop playing hockey cause you can get. Don't let soccer moms ruin your sport.

okay I admit to phoneposting
>Mid
*kid
>semester
*ameuter
fuck maybe I really do have CTE

Soccer is better

If you want the money, you play baseball or basketball.

Hopefully this is the last season ever

not everyone is Bo Jackson or Russel Wilson.

only if you're top tier. you can still make a ton in secret benefits and under the table money by being a division 1 college football player. thats a lot easier than being one of the top 20 or 30 players in the nba or mlb.

And Bo Jackson was grew up poor.

Long term problems: non-idiotic parents will forbid their kids to play school handegg, so the talents pool will go down, so the product will be of a lower quality, so less people will watch, so less kids will play, so etc. Basically a death spirale

>pretty sure the ratings for tonight's TNF were some of the highest all season.
Youre prettu sure that a boring blowout were some of the highest all season? You must be a steelers fan, nobody else gave a shit.

it's boring as shit.

I dont know anyone who pays for their football. Not memeing its either streams or bars

>you make no money in the nfl
>$135 million dollar contracts
Ya thats real chump change

literal fake news

just fuck off back to if you're going to peddle political bullshit

Gotta agree with this. I've seen plenty of AF in bars, almost none at home. I've even listened to it more on the radio (but then I'm in Eagles territory and the radio coverage is arguably better anyway).

>the product feels like over commercialized garbage.
and plastic-y
that's exactly why i don't give a crap anymore . i guess i'm not the only one who misses the gritty sport of old, the mud, the strife.

This has been a decade in a making.

>jamming in too many commercials
>NFL's hard on for forced parity has created a system where there's only 4 great teams and a whole lot of garbage in any given year
>trying to expand into new timeslots like Thursday night but there's not enough good teams to showcase so you gotta watch Browns vs. Bills play a rudimentary facsimile of football.
>adjust the rules to make the league pass-friendly...
>...but there's only 5 great quarterbacks...
>...and the NFL also somehow managed to fuck up rules on what's a catch so nobody knows what the fuck is a catch anymore
>Goddell can not stop punching himself in the dick when it comes to player discipline
>muh concussions

The politic shit has been a tipping point of alot of people this year. Why watch the 49ers try to eat their own asses when during the game everyone's talking about protests and an unsigned backup quarterback and the top story on ESPN after the games is a list of players who knelt, followed by an instagram screenshot of an athlete being 'woke'.

> you make so little money compared to other sports.

Isn't that on average because NFL-teams have relatively large squads with a lot of fringe players who are in there just for an outside shot to get used in a certain situation, where as with the NBA, you only use 5 players at the same time, so even rotation or fringe players who are barely getting used, would still make a good amount of money?

Also, the size of these squads, doesn't that also make it much harder to make it to a NBA-squad compared to a NFL-squad because there isn't enough room?

baseball is the lowest paying sport unless you decide to ignore the minor leagues (which are financed by the larger clubs), but yeah, basically the NFL roster includes their minor league players

Some minor league players make minimum wage ($20,000/yr)

TD-commercial-touchback-commercial is the shittiest, greediest decision a sports league ever made. I love football but the NFL is so fucking tone deaf and greedy they deserve to die.

Fucking lol

The NFL peaked five years ago and it's been on the steady decline ever since. The CTE issue will be its ultimate downfall.

Making 90 percent of kickoffs result in touchbacks is fucking awful besides the commercials. It's actually killed a part of the game.

pretty much this.

only niggers watch nfl now

Good, let it die, enough young men have had their brains fucked up thanks to the glorification of this shit sport, maybe all the youth can move over to a more skillful sport such as hockey while all the wife-beaters can go fuck themselves.

This

>hockey

I think what he was saying is " I'll only put the tip in and what the hell is a world cup anyway?"