Life is shit, man

Life is shit, man

literally me except i don't have a sad backstory to justify my autism

>a girl at work called me Manchester at the Sea that drinks alone and starts barfights

I can't figure it out without IMDb. What's this movie supposed to be about? Casey Affleck was an unlikeable asshole who brought suffering everywhere he went. I was semi-bored throughout the movie. It was in a way beautiful, but also kind of pointless.

You need to look deeper. Casey's character was the Devil in Heaven. A tormented tale of misery and passion.

>saw this around when it first came out in a movie theater with a lot of older people
>Matthew Broderick shows up on the screen out of nowhere
>I blurt out "GUESS IT MUST BE HIS DAY OFF"

It got a good laugh.

>A tormented tale of misery and passion.
kek. what passion?
I swear, every time I come to Sup Forums you plebs just ruin cinema for me.

Yes, life is mellow and rarely include clear moments of change, but it would at least be nice with at least one bar-scene late in the movie that doesn't end in him punching someone, you know something that shows the arch in a clearer way than casey just maybe will get a guestspace for the kid

It was about a guy who's in a lot of pain and starts down his road to recovery by the end

He does? I thought he decided to kill himself.

>and starts down his road to recovery by the end
this never happened. I don't know what movie you saw

At the end of the movie he's on the boat fishing with his nephew, showing that he's willing to reconnect with his past and step out of his isolation and self-punishment. He isn't whole again, but he's started the process of getting there.

I doubt he's going to ever see the kid again. Who could blame him really.

To say that he will ever fully recover is a bit of a stretch, but yes, there is atleast some shred of hope in the end of the movie where he says to Patrick that he got an extra room just so he can visit sometime.

Also that baseball exchange represented their whole relationship, Lee drops the ball and says to Patrick "just let it go" and Patrick refuses and throws the ball to again to Lee repeatedly and makes him play ball with him.

He will, he even got a room just for him.
Watch the movie again

He specifically says he wants to get an extra room for the kid and it literally ends with the two of them on the boat again. How stupid are you?

he was just being polite you dumb idiot. he literally ditched the kid and the town so he doesn't have to watch that crap. If you think a little bit of politeness and a smiling face are going to cure him then you have no idea about suffering pal.

It really feels you're baiting, I don't know what for though.

The only part you got right is that he can't be in Manchester and wants to stay away from it at all cost.
But he doesn’t have a problem with Patrick, he genuinely cares for him (hence why he doesn’t let him go live with his alcoholic mom) and getting an extra room when he before lived in just a single room isn't just "being polite"

I'm not baiting you idiot. The man has serious problems. And why do you assume that he's getting an apartment with an extra room? What, fucked up people don't lie? Did you have any minor struggle in your life you fag, do you know how hard it is to go back to normal?

I'm fucking talking to kids on this board, again...
I don't give a fuck man, think what you will.

Yes, it's better if you're baiting. Otherwise, here you are, on a sperg attack on what is supposed to be a pretty chill thread and for no good reason at all.

I would really like to punch you in the fucking face right now

>And why do you assume that he's getting an apartment with an extra room?
Because he literally says that to Patrick.

>What, fucked up people don't lie?
You are pulling information out of your ass, where is it even implied he is lying?
He says he has an extra room now so Patrick can visit whenever, maybe if he goes to college near him too. There is no motivation for him to lie whatsoever

I sincerely hope you're just baiting.

a man that goes punching random people at bars for no reason is trustworthy? kek, right.

>He says he has an extra room now so Patrick can visit whenever, maybe if he goes to college near him too.
also, you lying piece of shit
>"I don't even have a place to live yet."
>"They don't give you an apartmant?"
>"Yeah, but I', LOOKING for one with an extra room."
so he hasn't got an apartment with an extra room yet, nor will he ever, you lying pleb fag.

I doubt that hes gonna get an extra room with a minimum wage job just so the kid can dome once in blue moon and crash there. I think it wasn't meant as something serious.

If he is "lying" and has no desire to see Patrick ever again, why does that scene even exist? Why would he even mention getting an extra room, he could've just said that his apartment is going to be too small for Patrick to stay.
Why is Lee with him at all after the funeral then, buying him a new motor for the boat and helping out in general?

>inb4 he's just polite
He was polite to his ex wife too, but he outright refused to have a simple lunch with her, while he did all of these things with Patrick. You can even read the script online, there is no "lying" sub text whatsoever.

I will stop replying now because you are either a complete retard or a supreme baitmaster.

>I doubt that hes gonna get an extra room with a minimum wage job just so the kid can dome once in blue moon and crash there
the room was free in the last place he worked for, that's partially why he was okay with being underpaid

ITT: rebbit

Yes, you

>wife
>sex at least three times
>women still throwing themselves at him every fucking week
>baww look at my sad life

Are you fucking kidding me. I'm so fucking sick of people thinking the loss of a family is the worst thing in the world. At least you had one.

His voice breaks when his newphew tells him he doesn't want to go to Boston and implies he doesn't need the room.

Are you actually serious?

It's not just a loss of a family, he literally burned 3 of his kids alive.
Some people can't live with themselves even if their kids die in a random car crash, let alone them being responsible for their death.
So you would rather have 3 kids and burn them alive than not having them at all?

>So you would rather have 3 kids and burn them alive than not having them at all?

Of course I would. If that film let me know one thing it's that he wouldn't give up ever having had those kids, he still kept their photos after all.

At the same time I think he is in a better position than someone who never had any kids and wanted them.

>would you rather have a half piece of cake, or no cake at all?

this nigga for real?

It's more like having a half piece of cake and then puking every day for the rest of your life.

I would rather just be a little hungry.

>and then puking every day for the rest of your life.

only if you are weak

Shit is life, man.

>pretending that being responsible for the death of 3 of your only kids would not faze you at all

Sure thing buddy

you are meant to feel his depression

nothing has meaning for him

This is what happens when you act like a drunk frat boy instead of a mature father of 3

Nah, that's bullshit. He was perfectly fine, and that was a rare freak accident that could happen to anyone who got distracted and had bad luck.