They say I'm a madman, Barton, but I'm not mad at anyone. Honest I'm not. Most guys I just feel sorry for. Yeah...

>They say I'm a madman, Barton, but I'm not mad at anyone. Honest I'm not. Most guys I just feel sorry for. Yeah. It tears me up inside, to think about what they're going through. How trapped they are. I understand it. I feel for 'em. So I try and help them out...Jesus. Yeah. I know what it feels like, when things get all balled up at the head office. It puts you through hell, Barton. So I help people out. I just wish someone would do as much for me.

In Barton Fink, did Charlie want Barton to kill him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CNyzdmXhe0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

MAYBE

One of my favorite parts of rewatching Barton Fink is just how knowing the ending makes you look at John Goodman's character in a completely different light.

He befriended Barton, and I guess he wanted Barton to listen to him.

>HEIL HITLER
What did he mean by this?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

but they make it obvious he's a murderer the first time you watch it..

How?

>I'm a man of large appetite, and even with lunch under my belt, I was feelin' a mite peckish.

but they make it obvious he's a murderer the first time you watch it..

We all agree that Burn After Reading is the Coen's worst right? And does anyone actually like A Serious Man, like actually think it's funny?

Their worst is undeniably The Ladykillers or Intolerable Cruelty. And I think it's a testament to how good the Coens are that their worst movies aren't even bad, just bad by their standards.

I haven't actually seen either of those because I can't stand the Coen's straight up comedies other than Raising Arizona and Lebowski

You don't like O Brother Where Art Thou?

That's the most tolerable, but I'm not really a fan

youtube.com/watch?v=1CNyzdmXhe0

The point of A Serious Man isn't comedy you retard, it's a story about the search for answers to unanswerable questions in a chaotic, unforgiving world.

But it's billed as a comedy, and I've heard people say it was the funniest movie of the last decade. I didn't dislike the movie, but it certainly wasn't funny.

Burn After Reading is pretty good for what it is, and honestly Brad Pitt's performance makes the film worth it.

A Serious Man is pure kino i won't even try to make you understand, the bits with the gook kid were hilarious desu.

This is bait right?

sure it was

Burn After Reading is a lot of fun. John Malkovich is a riot.

>hating on Burn After Reading

it's great, I think the fact it came after NCFOM puts people off it for whatever reason

also how is Hail Caesar!, I've yet to see it

hail ceasar is probably the closest the coens have ever come to just bad. exploring "classic" hollywood without touching upon the CIA or mccarthyism is just lazy and toothless.

So who killed that woman? It wasn't Barton, right?

BEST: A Serious Man
WORST: Raising Arizona
FAVORITE: No Country for Old Men
OVERRATED: Fargo
UNDERRATED: The Man Who Wasn't There

The Nazi Party rose to power because the intellectual elite didn't understand the desires of the common man, as much as they purported to.

BEST: No Country
WORST: Raising Arizona
FAVORITE: O Brother
OVERRATED: A Serious Man
UNDERRATED: Burn

Charlie obviously

Boring

Fargo is pretty much perfectly rated, I keep coming back to it

BEST: Fargo
WORST: The Ladykillers, come on
FAVORITE: Barton Fink
OVERRATED: Burn After Reading
UNDERRATED: The Hudsucker Proxy

Why did the Hudsucker Proxy get as much shit as it did? It's really fun

What is honestly wrong with The Ladykillers?