/180/: BWIN GRAND SLAM OF DARTS DAY 7

Tonight's Grand Slam of Darts quarterfinals at Wolverhampton's Civic Hall feature 4 men with a combined age of 184. They aren't young, but they will need youthful energy for the arduous best of 31 clashes they're going to face over the next few days. I've always wanted the jump from best of 10 to best of 16 to be reduced but like I said last year: I'm not Uncle Barry.

We start with a Group E rematch with current Lakeside champion and first BDO Grand Slam quarter-finalist since 2013 Glen Durrant against PDC #2 Peter Wright. Duzza has been a sensation in what is more than a certainty his audition for a January switch, having two 100+ averages in his matches with Wright and Alan Norris, and only lost out to Corey Cadby in the last leg. He showed calmness and composure to defeat Dave Chisnall and make it to this stage. Clownman on the other hand had to thrash Cadbury and then survive a match dart from Chuck to advance, where his self-designed darts brutalised Stephen Bunting with a 104 average. This length is completely new territory for the Boro man, and it could unnerve him big time.

The other fixture is a repeat of the wonderful Champions League of Darts final between Mensur Suljovic and Gary Anderson. On that September evening, the slow pace made the Flying Scotsman lose focus and allowed the Gentle to claim his first major honour. The Austrian has come through two walkovers over Mark McGeeney and Berry van Peer sandwiching two tight matches against Michael Smith and James Wilson where he won in the last leg. Gando has had it slightly easier, with straightfoward victories over Cameron Menzies, van Peer and Simon Whitlock before his come from behind success over Bully Boy. The world #3 hasn't beaten Suljovic on TV, but could it be tonight?

Coverage starts from 7:00pm UK time on Sky Sports Action.

>Tonight's matches (best of 31, first to 16)
Snakeshite v Glen "PROBLEM, BARRY?" Durrant
Mensur "DIE MEISTER, DIE BESTEN" Suljovic v Gary "Big Game Counter" Anderson

I don't like how the bracket has players from the same group meeting in the quarterfinals. Now 2 of the quarters are rematches of games we already had in the group stage. In pretty much any other sport, two players/countries advancing from a group are put on different sides of the draw, so they can only meet again in the final.

Yeah, that's always annoyed me.

Should be A1 v H2, B1 v G2, etc.

GWAN duzza show these cunts how its done

The distance will fuck him.

And we're on now.

>pudsey bear drawing

Durrant 12-16 Wright
Anderson 16-9 Suljovic

>broken in leg 1
#pray4suewilliams

Would being offered a place in the premier league be enough to convince Durrant to switch over?

Duzza is quality tbqh

Uncle barry wouldnt even offer him a tour card last year lmao

Only because the PDC withdrew offering Lakeside champions Tour Cards in 2014.

Bunt was the final one to accept the offer.

Said this numerous times in the threads his week, but Duzza will regret it forever if he doesn't at least have a go.

If that makes him worse than Hitler in the eyes of the BDO morons, then so be it.

Duzza could've been 5-0 up here. Awful on doubles so far

Occasion's got to him.

That interview sums him up at the moment: he still can't believe the players he's competing against.

Bdo lads have to sign contracts saying the won't go q school, doubt they are worth the paper they are written on.

Considering Bunt and Hankey told them to fuck off, they're about as valuable as Zimbabwean dollars.

>comms trying their hardest to make Glen Durrant's season sound normal

>46
And here comes the collapse.

Can anyone beat the autistic giant? Seems as if he would have to have an off day and his opponent have a stellar one.

As much as I don't want to say it, Pheel can.

What's worse: Pheel, MVG, or Gurney wins it?

Clownman.

Shocking finishing from Durrant

Barry has turned on the magnets

Post set-ups

Only Anderson over a long format if MVG is playing well. On an off day Taylor and Barney

>tfw living down the street from Stone

>120 points scored after 9

Durrants done, scoring gone to shit

Watching at work. Fight the power.

PDC players simply have the experience of playing to the top level over a prolonged period. BDO players don't.

That second session was what killed him.

Realised the enormity of his task then.

STATE of this leg

>that D3 attempt
Jesus fuck.

>missing 9 darts to take out 12

Premier league invite rescinded

>BDO world champion getting hammered by a pussywhipped clown

Jesus christ that was painful

>the best of the BDO

Duzza showing the mental strength of tony o shea in a first round lakeside match

Those darts at D3 were the sign of a scared man.

Durrant's only won of the last 13 legs

Pathetic

mindset of a fan rather than a competitor

>mfw the BDO played darts near me

*only won 2

>Maybe its just one step too far

Or maybe he's just throwing utter shite and not at the races

>hitting big 16
What the fuck was that?

Wright isn't concentrating.

An absolute shagging.

Difference between pdc and bdo being laid bare.

whats the schedule, two qfs tomorrow night and semis sunday afternoon final sunday night?

>44

Peter slacking off, gonna get wrecked by Mensur/Gary

He's a rabbit in headlights on that stage.

Yep.

mmmmmm mrs wright looking good tonight.

clownman starting to choke.

Commentary really overhyping this "comeback".

>peter shite

>BDO 9 darter

pls no

>MISSING D12

fucking hell

Found this form 10 legs too late

The fact Clown has let Durrant get 10 legs reflects badly on him.

He should have put this game to bed. Instead he's dropped down to Duzza's level.

Heartbreaking stuff

Kek

started playing when pressure off

He could have drubbed him if he wanted too. Took his foot off the gas out of respect I think

Its the obvious sparse bdo calendar. Give him a year on the pdc tour and he would be brutal.

It's why he'll never beat the big boys in finals.

He's just too nice.

Can't decide who i want to win.

Krusty is a serial bottler and has been pocketed hard by the best players. Then again, Durrant is a BDO scumbag playing in the Tower Hamlets Open for £3.50 and a bag of quavers.

>Tower Hamlets Open

Thank fuck that's over.

Duzza got pumped by Clown's C game.

Rip dart man

>Duzza

hes had his little run, back to lakeshite

If its anything other than a Gando/MVG final i'll be suprised. I fancy Gando not to get flustered against Mensur and beat him up a bit.

taylel farewell tour mate, hes going to win it

The Mensur Rammestein promo is the GOAT promo

The funny thing is, Berry's dartitis has helped Gary massively.

He couldn't throw at all in that game yet Gando still averaged 112. I know it was only 6 legs but he kept his head.

*headbutts you*

Would Gando on top form beat peat Taylor?

If MVG meets him in the semi final, i am interested to see how low he will go to get the crowd on his back and try and rattle MVG. MVG seems in imperious form again and ought to spank him. Cross wont be a walk over mind you

nah

nah taylor would knock him off his game

Over long distance, I still think Pheel would edge it
Yeah i hope its sorted his head out, but Mensur will punish you all game so it ought to be interesting this

that little tic Mensur does with his throwing hand is unsettling in a way

Mensur isn't even a slow player anymore, throws quicker than clown man these days

Gando has cured his Mensuritis!

Noice

>bull on 84

por que?

Garentees a dart at double rather than bull

Anderson on top form is aesthetic af

>102 playing 108
>no 180s
Impressed.

How the fuck does he throw when his point is in between his fingers.

The mad cunt.

Didn't Baxter do a similar thing except his entire hand was perpendicular to the board?

>Pheel v Chin tomorrow

Don't know how to feel about this one, hate them both equally.

mega twat v twat

at least pheel is english i suppose....

>the faces of everyone in the crowd right now

>Unicorn boards

Russ had too many vodkas tonight