Time to settle it once and for all

Time to settle it once and for all.
Which is better, Breaking Bad or The Sopranos?

They're both good but I love me some Gomey

Sopranos for me, I feel like I could start a rewatch right now and see it through no issues. Since the end of Breaking Bad I haven't felt that desire to go back and watch it, perhaps because unlike The Sopranos a lot of BrBa's appeal was the episode to episode cliffhangers, that need to know what happens next. Feels like it would be fine as a one and done type show.

Breaking Bad

The Wire.

>BrBa

Fuck off

You fuck off.

Sopranos

t. someone who didn't watch bb

they are both shit

the sopranos had better drama, suspense, humor, acting, writing, directing, and music. so the sopranos is better.

Thanks facebook memelord

Six Feet Under

Storylines: Breaking Bad
Characters: Sopranos

>acting

Outside of James and Edie, they were all mediocre actors, user.

The acting in the murder scene at the Crazy Horse is some of the worse ever filmed.

uncle junior, artie, and chris were fantastic you shut your mouth

Better Call Saul

after watching The Sopranos, no other show compares, they all sound stilted and corny, BrBa included

Nancy Marchand was pitch perfect as Livia too, stole every scene she was in.

They were walking punchlines. One liners =/= acting.

sopranos is the better show overall, but breaking bad is more entertaining cause of how it started from almost a blank canvas (anonymous white guy living an anonymous life in the burbs with no notable traits), took a few left-field plot devices and created this absurd whole universe that just left your head spinning when you think about it but you loved practically every second of it

sopranos, while superb, is essentially an above-average telling of a story thats been told a million times before (mobsters battling over control of drug trade/related rackets)

If you're over 21 and you pick Breaking Bad you are an irredeemable pleb.

>You have cancer
>Says here you've been paying taxes for 35 years and have benefits
>OK, once we're done with the homeless people sleeping in line and 10,000 FOBs we'll see if you're still alive

autism speaks.

Mad Men

Sopranos. More depth to its story, main characters, and supporting cast. AJ has more depth to his character than everyone on Breaking bad other than Walt and Jesse.

Interesting Sopranos Characters
>Tony
>Chrissy
>Paulie
>Pussy
>Richie
>Adriana
>Ralphie
>Beansie
>Johhny Sack
>Carm
>Dr. Melfi
>Phil

Interesting Breaking Bad characters
>Walt
>Gus
>Mike

Bad Sopranos Episodes
>A Hit is a Hit
>D Girl
>Christopher
>Everybody Hurts
>Johnny Cakes

Bad Breaking Bad episodes
>Cat's in the Bag...
>Cancer Man
>Grey Matter
>Down
>Breakage
>Over
>Mandala
>I.F.T
>I See You
>Fly
>Half Measures
>Full Measure
>Open House
>Bullet Points
>Cornered
>Problem Dog
>Bug
>Live Free or Die
>Madrigal
>Dead Freight
>Buyout
>Gliding Over All
>Blood Money
>Buried
>Confessions
>Rabid Dog
>To'hajilee
>Felina

Hmm I wonder what the better show is...

>treatment starts next week

Sopranos it's not even a question.

Okay, normally I don't like when people do this, but if you honestly and truly prefer Breaking Bad to The Sopranos, go to reddit.

This

Sopranos gets way too much love for a meme-tier mob soap opera watched by aging housewives.

you have such shitty taste its insane
kys pls

>bwaahaa why doesn't it have more explosions, drama is boring, why can't we watch transformers again mommy

>only 3 interesting BB characters
>no Jesse, Saul, Tuco, 2 Silent Death Bros, autistic Nazi, Hector etc

>Half Measures, Full Measure, Dead Freight, Felina, To'Hajilee, Grey Matter, Down, Breakage, Over, Problem Dog etc
>"bad"

Hmm I wonder who the real BITCH is...

Sopranos is literally terrible television, so overrated that it's ridiculous.

Breaking Bad SHITS all over it.

>>no Saul, Tuco, 2 Silent Death Bros, autistic Nazi, Hector etc
Horrible meme characters straight out of bad comic books.

>the story of sopranos is "mobsters battling over control of drug trade/related rackets"

I agree with the suspense draw. I feel like I'm the only one who thinks this but I kinda lost interest in the show once Hank figured out that Walk was Heisyburg. I mean that was the main tension of the show from the beginning.

Sopranos is anti-drama
>Oh hey, Dr. Melfi was raped and is going to get involved with the family to get revenge, can't wait to see where this is going! Oh she decided against it...
>Oh, Meadow is having a fallout with the family, can't wait to see what intrigue this conflict will lead to oh it goes nowhere...
>Hey, the feds planted a bug in the house! Surely this will have dire consequences oh they got lucky and moved it...

I guess they were going for more of a character study than dramatic plotlines, but boy does it get dull after hours upon hours of nothing happening.

>cousin says breaking bad is better than sopranos
>sopranos is boring, he stopped after watching like 2 seasons
>didnt specify which season they were
>listed Dexter as another one of his favorite shows
>didnt think Dexter went to complete and utter dogshit right up to the mind blowingly embarrassing ending
>flippantly says i parrot all my opinions from reddit and Sup Forums
>loves procedural CSI, Criminal Minds tier garbage

fucking family, right?

They were obviously going for more of a straight u character study, which isn't really about dramatic plotlines, cliffhangers, epic oneliners, suspenseful tension, and more about how the characters change, fall to change, interact and co-exist, with each other and navigate the world the inhabit.

Daily reminder if you are a "nothing happened" pleb go watch walking dead.

Something happened, you just are too fucking stupid to realize it unless it explodes.

>kys pls
*smooch*
there you go big guy

>he's using the explosions and transformers argument
Can't say it's super effective

can any show match this direction?

The Sopranos is a literal 10/10 show. It's a masterpiece. The actors, the casting, the script, the scenery...only bad thing are some redundant filler story arcs and weird green screens. It's absolutely amazing.

Breaking Bad on the other hand is flat out mediocre, if not even bad. The writing is off, the actors are plain bad at times, the plot is conceptual and weak. I watched three seasons of it and it never reached a point above 6/10.

First season of BB was great, because it was fairly grounded.

The problem is that the writers would often include scenes for no other reason than it being cool, and then have to scramble to figure out how to tie it into the story (ie. Walter buying the .50 cal), would routinely write themselves into corners, and by the middle of the series, made it far too unrealistic. Even Gilligan admits to how many times they screwed themselves over, and it really shows by the final season.

I gave up on the show in the final two seasons, and only continued watching to see it through to the end. One of the biggest mistakes was having Gus killed off so early, and dropping the Madrigal plot (because they obviously had no clue what the hell to do with it), and making a bunch of Neo-Nazi meth heads the antagonists. If anything, biker Nazis are something that should've been done and over with by the second or third season, because they're honestly mid-tier jokes of a bad guy.

Gus really should have been the peak of what Walter had to go up against, and ending his story with two seasons left (I consider the Season A+B shit to be two separate seasons) was a huge mistake.

The Sopranos, for all of its cornball moments, and the weakest season being the one where Tony is completely self-destructing, managed to at least maintain its tone and consistency, never moving beyond the realm of believable mob fiction. Breaking Bad quickly turned into "Science Crime Adventures".

Most reddit thread all day.
Why do you love middle aged fuckups? do you see yourself in the future?

Is this even a real question?