is this right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

isn't australian english british?

desu people learn english best when taught by australians

russians learn british english too

My ESL teacher was Australian and friends mother have lived in America said we should change teacher lol

I don't know what is english, i just know american language :^)

>Americans learn american english
yes
>Europeans learn the british one
yes
>Asians learn the australian one
no fucking idea.

different asian countries have different modals for the english language. In Malaysia we use "BBC" English which is the brits way of speaking and writing. I believe philippines use American English as their modal. Its either of those two.

American english is what most english people sounded like 250 years ago

We learn American English?

We are heavily influenced by American English, but we learn the British way of speaking and spelling in school.

What you get is the horrifying Danish accent that knows how to spell proper English and speak like an American, with an accent.

modules*. sorry

Nordic people have the least noticeable accent when speaking english IMO. You would probably sound 100% american if you lived here for 3 years.

Nope. You mostly have some kind of West Country/Bristolian accent. There are people on the islands of North Carolina still with that accent.

All the Danes I've met have had superb English, but with an American accent. You lot should really try to lose it.

> least noticeable
> it's an American thinks 'no accent' is physically possible post

Yes but we end up speaking the American version because if their influence

I wish I spoke more English in my everyday life. I'm perfectly fluent and know how to pronounce the words, but I still manage to sperg out, because I'm so rusty.

It's miles better when I'm drunk and there are no self imposed insecurity restrictions.

We learn British English and Castillan Spanish at school.

This is wrong.

You probably do because you go to the international internet, but most people will still use the British English when on holiday abroad.

Probably only PNG has Aussie English as base. Here, it's definitely Daddy's English.

no, and tell the quebequois to stop with that meme too

no, we have english spelling and american grammar

youtube.com/watch?v=qYiYd9RcK5M

PNG don't speak proper english, they mostly use some meme pigin shit

according to cambridge dictionary site british english is just "english" and american english is an "american" language

Noo one cares
All that matters is that everyone learn English because America made it relevant

No one bothered to learn English in Europe before US domination

No one cares about English
All that matters is I speak English because it's relevant
No one cared about English before people cared

And French is the English Richard Lionheart spoke
Checkmate purist, I speak an English more ancient than you

Legally, American is a language, because dialects aren't taught in school. For the same reason Austrian is a legal language even though it's actually just a dialect aswell.

pretentious as fuck

He's also probably full of shit.

Just like Britbongs trying to speak any other language. There is no reason to assume they are capable of pronouncing the old version of their ow language.

We learn the British version but everyone uses American English or a mixture.

*own language

In my experience most people learn the American variety as it is the most widespread with the most resources available, just like Brazil portuguese vs Portugal Portuguese or peninsular Spanish vs latam Spanish

>learning and education is classed as pretentious to this nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=gPlpphT7n9s

Japanese learn American English desu.

Depends on the teacher. My middle school teachers were either from England or had a boner for it, so we were taught British English with American forms on the side as a formality. But in high school, American English became the norm and they stopped teaching us British words/spellings, but both were accepted in written tests so there were times I'd use a mix of both to mess with the teacher.

but French people usually speaking poor English with French accent.
and their English isn't good like Japanese.

Not trying to defend France because most of us are legitimately averse to speaking English properly, but since when does Japan speak English well? You're literally the reason Engrish is a meme in the first place.

Japanese people literally speak like:
Hai mayu u neemu izu Tanaka desu.
Itsu naisu chu michu.
Ayu beri machu raiku za ingurishu ranguijji.

There's no rule saying teachers have to teach British English here and since most English media we get here is American that is what most people end up imitating. And desu American spelling is superior to British.

American English isn't English.

Your education system, maybe.

My school taught British English when I was there

what's pretentious about it?
he's reading Shakespeare in the accent it was originally performed in

there's another video where they talk all about how they know what the accent was like there. It's like how people also generally know how Old English was pronounced even though it hasn't been spoken in fucking ages