Americants are afraid of international competition

>americants are afraid of international competition

why do they play sports that only them and a handful of other countries (at best) play?

this is a map of countries that give a fuck about handegg.

this is not a shitpost of any sort, I'm not trying to say their sports are bad or anything of the like.
just genuine wonder about why americans don't embrace more comptetitive sports.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fCQ8TuIkw_8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because when our country was founded, distancing ourselves from european politics and culture was of utmost importance to our leaders.

>argentinians feel insecure because america is richer

why do niggertinians think a white american cares about their opinion?

this is a map of countries that argentina defeated (there's no map attached, because argentina never won a war)

this is not a shitpost of any sort. I'm just trying to say that argentinians are dumb.
just genuine wonder about why argentinians don't embrace their third world status.

literally me with a proxy

Why do South Americans always suck yuro cock?

countries that care about boreball

because we raped their continent over and over and over and over and over again throughout the 20th century

Netherlands did pretty well in the last WBC

countries that are blacker than argentina

I unironically Argentina and would very much like to visit someday.

Thank you that's all

>this proxyfag

you missed a few, including yours

don't, it's shit

detroit would be the best argentine city, if it was argentine

>White & Arab
lmfao

>what are footnotes

I did not expect an american to be smart enough as to be able to read more than 3 words 2bh, but whatever.

countries that care about apehoop

??

should you be colored here?

You are forgetting Israel and China

what did he mean by this

>Philippines average male height161.9 cm (5 ft 3 1/2 in)
>most popular sport is basketball
really make me wonder

i didnt mean that as a racist thing. i meant that ginobli would have made basketball popular?

Murrilards are snowflakes.

They do that shit not only in sports but in stuff such as measurement systems, date format, units of temperature etc.

he is popular, no doubt.
but basketball isn't even in the top5 sports here.

You're forgetting the Balkans and Turkey

anything that makes it a less desirable place for immigrants is fine by me.

countries that give a fuck about icefight

I was going to post a map of countries that literally obsess (make constant posts and custom images) over how USA spends their free time but I ran out of blue ink. Points for making me reply I guess.

>needing validation from other countries
>pic related
I declare this thread over. As an American, I have this authority, granted by my forefathers.

Americans participate in every international sport.

Our populace just doesn't give a fuck about soccer, no matter how hard the media tries to force meme it onto us.

kek, Argentina fought over 20 wars and lost only 1

Only a dumb proxyfag would say Argentina is known for losing wars

This. Only 5-10% of the population is "sports fans", and OF that, only about 5-10% cares about soccer. You're looking at less than 1% overall of the population.

>kek, Argentina fought over 20 wars
And no one in the world can name, nor care about, a single one.
Stop speaking American, please.

they are actually pretty bad at hokkei internationally. dont let them delude you into thinking otherwise.

and this are the countries that care about football

The only American wars the world knows you've lost

see vietnam, afghanistan, iraq, etc

true aussies dont care about wogball

*wins the Olympics yet again*

GB won the male olympics

countries that care about running and swimming and considers them sports.

countries that live in your head rent-free

iraq was a complete success. the aftermath is what most people think about when they think about the iraq war. because most people are dumb. unfortunately modern rules of engagement don't allow us to leave an entire nation in ruins anymore.

wow congrats you got all of africa, south america, and europe lol literally the shittiest places on earth
i wonder if it's just correlation, or is soccer actually CAUSING the shittiness?

lel

oh shit you right, i guess the world forgot ww 1 & ww 2 that america had to come save the rest of the world for.

sorry !

i loved those wars argentina won... like... the... idk! sorry !

this is true.

I know your educational system is shit regarding the average man so you'll find this difficult to believe but all countries live in my head rent free because I finished primary school.

>americants are afraid of international competition
Guess thats why we dominate the olympics every single time

>doesn't even highlight anything in the caribbean for RUNNING

I can't take you seriously

Wherrs china? Thats basketballs sevomd biggest market. Turkey should be colored too. Shit map

It's almost as if he only follows one sport and has a knowledge of sports which is concordant with that

>winning means caring

we're world champions of futsal and I seriously doubt anyone in Argentina has ever watched a full game other than maybe that one final.

hes going to start listing off individual sports like its remotely comparable to have 3 different sport leagues running a parallel schedule.

surely my point makes no sense now since there's 195 UN recognized countries in the world, and I missed one.

>Australia
>Soccer

I like soccer and even I disagree with this.

This i am okay with, cold countries should play ice hockey.

Turn off your proxy chileANO

You missed more than one though, you insufferable cunt.

>Argentina

Possibly white///nope

WHO IS GOING TO BEAT US IN hANDEGG AN APEHOOP? lUCKSWING i CAN SEE

>they only play ice hockey in countries where it's cold enough to have ice

Really gets the noggin cells scratching

literally seething inferiority complex of america

>all the south american countries literally call it futbol. LITERALLY FOOT BALL
get literally colonized

>ex european colonies shouldn't use european words

>handegg
>boreball
>apehoop
>icefight

lol

>divegrass

Seems you forgot one.

Cause the rest of the world only plays soccer and cricket. Cricket is seen as that game only soth asians care about. Soccer is an hour of running around, then whichever team got the most penalty kicks wins.

America has a league or match play or something for almost all sports. Why dont you play that stupid indian tag game? Exactly.

Americans dont like soccer because its not complicated enough to get into and too boring to watch otherwise. It's just a bunch of dickwads running around kicking a ball. It's like a much slower, much more boring version of hockey

If that's your thing, great. It's just not ours

>America has a league or match play or something for almost all sports.
you described virtually every country on earth

>Why dont you play that stupid indian tag game? Exactly.
youtube.com/watch?v=fCQ8TuIkw_8

playing =/= caring

>Americans dont like soccer because its not complicated enough to get into
>muh intelligent sports
do you genuinely believe this?
kek

>It's just a bunch of dickwads running around kicking a ball.
you could make every single sport on this planet sound shitty with a description like that

>It's like a much slower, much more boring version of hockey
what are you even basing this on?
we can see the football during the games.

>Americans dont like soccer because its not complicated enough to get into and too boring to watch otherwise
I don't really care about your tastes but that's bullshit, America likes winning and unlike most of sports, the rest of the world does give a fuck about football which makes you far less successful. If you were beating the rest of the world at it football would be the most popular sport there, that doesn't mean handegg, apehoop or anything is worse than football, it just means americans aren't used to lose in any sport.
In fact, I like that, american football fans are chicanos or deluded pieces of shit, which makes far easier to know their opinions are wrong; thank god based conmebol kicked mexican teams out of libertadores, far less chicanos in our threads.

> > Americans dont like soccer because its not complicated enough to get into and too boring to watch otherwise
> I don't really care about your tastes but that's bullshit

No, that’s an accurate description of divegrass; 90mins of guys casually jogging around, randomly kicking a ball willy-nilly and throwing cheep shots, only for the game to end in a 0-0 tie.

Who wants to watch that shit?

If you soccerfags would implement penalty power plays like icefight, then there’d be some actual scoring going on and the game might even be watchable.

>literally removing a player from the field to make your sport watchable
no wonder i don't like hockey.

>if scoring is low then it's boring

are all americans mentally 5?

> encouraging cheep shots and blatantly fake attempts at drawing fouls
> still ends in 0-0 tie

No wonder only 3rd worlders watch soccer.

Whats exciting about soccer? Not even memeing ive never been given a good answer
>muh strategy
Nobody has ever explained what’s strategic about it. Please tell me how this is more strategic than football or baseball. Maybe im just ignorant but it seems even less strategic than basketball

>penalties have consequences
>i dislike this
Literally why

>Czech Republic not included
You're just one big ol' dummy

>america is just sore losers
Quite backwards actually. If we cared wed easliy dominate. We dont give a fuck about swimming or any olympic sports either and we dominate those. The talent just goes elsewhere because no american kid dreams of being a pro soccer player. Look at hockey. Were relatively shit at that internationally but we still love it play it and watch it

because if you remove even one player from the field then you're playing a different sport.

Thats is literally false and i have no idea how low your IQ would have to be to come to such a retarded conclusion

a team is a machine.

My god united-statians are retarded as fuck. No wonder they suck at footy

>afraid of international competition
>always win the most gold at the Olympics
u wot m8

I'd say you're retarded, but i bet you've heard that from the doctor too many times already.

Ok? If you take a door off your car its still a car

>ad hominem
great argument, spectacular post.

I'd just like to interject to say every positive experience can be enhanced by rock n roll playing in the background and shouting YEEHAW

>unironically using buzzwords to win internet argument
*tips fedora*

>ad hominem
>buzzword

buzzword is a buzzword.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

>more competitive sports
>says the guy whos country only plays in 1 reletive competitive sport

Both baseball and Hockey are competitive on the world stage.

>inb4 irrelevent sports
Compared to Soccer yes, but that doesnt mean they arent played worldwide.

>i know you are but what am i
Clearly you win with your superior logics

Unrelated but I'm sad Mexico doesn't play in libertadores anymore. Did they actually get kicked out? I read it was a scheduling conflict but could be lies

Mexican teams are honestly shit, but they generally get a team or two to the knockout stage with arguably playing at a disadvantage (refs and travel)

Would have liked to see a Mexican team win the cup just for the anger it would cause, anything except fucking Chivas

I hope they come back, it's not completely irrelevant competition

>says the guy whos country only plays in 1 reletive competitive sport
[citation needed]

>Both baseball and Hockey are competitive on the world stage.
[citation needed]

It's like with literally any sport, get into a specific league/team enough and you start finding it interesting

Even the objective most boring sport on Earth, baseball can be entertaining that way, although not for me

You do learn there is a lot more strategy than just run and kick randomly, but again how do you explain American footbl strategy to someone who doesn't know all the rules? How do you explain how it's cool how different say the Patriots play compared to the Panthers?

> > muh strategy
> Nobody has ever explained what’s strategic about it.

Indeed, there is nothing strategic about soccer, as it’s too difficult to control the ball, so the game consists of players aimlessly jogging around waiting for the ball to maybe get randomly kicked their way, so they can randomly kick it elsewhere.

Then ends in a 0-0 tie.

>this much damage control
>o-our horse sport is relative i-i swear

those are not arguments, or links to support your previous claims.
I never said anything about a horse sport, what the fuck are you even talking about?
holy fuck you're stupid.

Gaucho games look pretty fun desu. They'd probably still be better with more rock n roll, revolvers on hips, and yelling "YEEHAW!"

Show me 1 relative sport other than Football argentina plays then. Remember, OP already said Basketball is not a competitive sport.

Neither parts of that statement are true. There is a lot of strategy in how to line up a team based on your players and to try and counter the opposing teams line up. Substitutions and formation changes also regularly win games

As for the
>Muh 0-0
I'm pretty sure the average goals scored in the premier league last year (just to pick the most watched league) was 2.9 goals per game
And that's in games not allowed to go into overtime.

You can just not like the sport but there is a legitimate and plentiful strategy, and players who can actually control the ball well are considered the best of all time. And the control they have is actually pretty cool to watch if that's your thing

>There is a lot of strategy in how to line up a team based on your players and to try and counter the opposing teams line up. Substitutions and formation changes also regularly win games
This happens literally every single play in football. This is basic as fuck

Rugby, Tennis, Boxing.