Father shoots son dead in front of his brother and sister in accident at the 'worlds safest gun'

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3673907/Florida-boy-14-accidentally-shot-dead-father-gun-range-accident.html

>GUNNUTS

Other urls found in this thread:

training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SHALL

>Get hit with ricocheting shell casing
>Someone turns around to help you
>Gun accidentally goes off and shoots you
That is some fucking Final Destination shit right there.

Don't blame the gun - this was just part of Death's design.

It's high noon

>fatal accidents occur
I'm surprised you had no idea.

Lel

Our right to shoot our kids shall not be infringed hahahaha

FATSO FATHER SHOOTS FATSO SON!

GOod news all day today

>Pointing your gun anywhere other than the range unless it's unloaded and the safety is on
fag

Americans shouldn't be allowed to possess firearms

only americans though

kek

This.
Fucking retard.
Who the hell points a loaded gun behind them in a gun range.
Signs literally everywhere saying to only point loaded weapons down range.
Also
> a fucking shell casing.
Heroes never die.

*BANG*
OH MAH GAWD IM SOREY SON

>From scarface to chubbyface, its big al pacino: Oscar winning actor appears to have piled on the pounds after....

Holy shit what the fuck happened to him? This guy was the epitome of badass cocaine fueled testosterone. What happened to Tony Montana mang?

>liberals will use this tragedy to call for gun control
>claim terrorist attack is no reason to call for immigration control

Range Master here, fucking Christ; firearms safety isn't that hard. People that have accidents like this and can't get trigger discipline are dumb asses with everything else they do in life. Wonder how many car accidents this moron has been involved in.

>Be American
>Get shot

SHUT UP YOU CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, Americans shooting themselves, their children and each other is one of the sweetest things in life.

Every time they propose gun control, I'm against it because I wanna see Americans die doing dumb shit like this.

Honestly, this story made my 4th of July. Thanks OP

thanks florida

Honestly, like honestly

honestly tbqh

The dad looks like a liberal faggot, probably did it on purpose

There's nothing more American than shooting your son on 4th of July.

>turn around with a gun in your hand pointed at someone else
Sucks someone had to die, but firearm safety is a thing for a reason.

Imagine the guilt the father will have to live with up until he kills a second person with a gun, himself.

Darwin awards are given for taking yourself out of the gene pool. By killing your offspring, does this qualify?

DRAW!

Darwin must be proud.

>be Candian
>be irrelevant

Ice cold

The father is a retard, even if the case if burning your tits off inside your shirt keep the fucking barrel pointed downrange at all costs its not hard

>floriduh

>want ban the 2nd amendment people or terrorist in the non flight/fbi list
>conservatard are triggered

It's High Noon.

It's High Noot.*

Same here leafbro. Only a dead american is a good american.
He was probably at least 1/4th nigger anyway.

I would personally request it if he had accidentally shot his two other children, too.

FUCKING THIEF

great now i can't even go to the gun range without being shot

Have to kill all your kids and shoot you're gonads

>14
>with his dad 64

And I said fuck it, took it and stuck it back up in my head!

-Your generous gifts and donations will help with the expenses the family is now faced with.

He wants me to give him money because he performed the ultimate act of stupidity and betrayal to his family and before his country, given THIS political climate? This motherfucker. Where does this level of ignorance originate for people like this? It's religion, isn't it? No fucking logic, reason, or accountability.

>inbred coke-drinking fatass hillbillies with a room temperature IQ and no trigger discipline ruin funs for the rest of us

DON'T POINT IT AT ANYONE, EVER, UNLESS YOU MEAN TO KILL THEM. EVEN IF SAFETY IS ON. EVEN IF IT'S EMPTY. BECAUSE YOU NEED TO BE IN THE HABIT OF NEVER EVER POINTING THE BARREL OF A GUN AT ANYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO KILL.

Son of a god damned fucking bitch.

This. It doesn't hurt that bad, it's not even gonna give you a first degree and I've had hot casings down my shirt plenty. I mean fuck, if you're driving and a bee flies at you, do you full retard and crash the fucking car?

Explains why the son looks retarded.

>Play with fire
>get burned

Oh its nothing

i live in FL and have CWP. been to the indoor ranges a few times, not recently. Each time it occurred to me how easy an accident would be given that you'r next to people in other lanes that may or may not be careful. They never check and have no real way to check your level of safety and expertise. One guy who is not careful in there could be a hazard to others.

I think the solution should be one shooter at a time, and surely no kids, at minimum. I think people do not respect, in general, how very dangerous the whole enterprise is. And I am totally pro 2nd Amend. Still, some reasonable safety measures are common sense.

Ditto for the driving range where people are driving golf balls, some standing ten feet from you. Some places have better barriers. But even driving golf balls I have though what if that guy throws a club or hits a ball directly to my head at 150 mph. It's a real issue too. Ditto for driving a car... So be careful and sensible, limit your exposure, and that's about all you can do.

>accidents justify the ban of a type of object

Better ban all drugs, surgeries, cars, knives, tools, chemicals, food, sex, working, breathing air and everything else.

nobody says it's nothing. it's a sad event and the father should face criminal charges and costs too.

get back to your pizza oven now. i'll take mine with pineapple and basil pesto. bring a bottle of dry red wine too.

Air, fine, but I'll be cold and dead before I give up my guns!

The fundamental NRA rules for safe gun handling are:

1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

training.nra.org/nra-gun-safety-rules.aspx

good job on not being able to follow a few very simple safety rules, I'm you were an exceptional parent up until that point

One in thousands of ND deaths in murrica. How is this newsworthy?

I just started shooting. Will I be okay?

Depends on where your barrel was pointed

Don't point it at anything you don't want to see blown up and you'll be good

In an ideal world, guns don't exist.

Why not both?

FUCK

I Live in Sarasota and have been there.

Good thing I go to the range on University.

People are going to criticize, but this was a freak accident. A hot shell goes down your shirt, you instinctively slap at the source of pain, half a second later your gun has gone off while pointed in a crazy direction, and your son happens to be standing in the way.

999 times out of a thousand, a guy gets a shell in his shirt and is surprised but controls his reaction, keeps his gun pointed in a safe direction, nothing bad happens, then he's aware this is a thing that happens and there's no danger from it again.

999 times out of a thousand, when a guy responds by pointing his gun in an unsafe direction, nothing bad happens, he realizes his mistake and the need for self-control, he feels bad, and he never lets it happen again because he's alert to the possibility.

This is a one-in-a-million freak accident, and I'm not going to assume there was anything more wrong with this guy than with the average person.

This. People that immediately call for blood or punishment should every time there's an accident like this honestly be sterilized or at least barred from any legal or political office.

>this family lost a brother in a terrible accident
>lets prosecute the father and take him away too and leave them with thousands in legal fees

The dad and kid look remarkably similar

That's how it's supposed to be.

Your child doesn't magically turn out black. Go get a dna test.

THAT WAS JACOB

god damn thats sad. cant imagine how that dad feels

I can't understand the level of stupidity that would have you try to get the shell out of your shirt with a loaded gun in your hand.

you realize this qualifies as involuntary manslaughter or negligent homicide.

Ban Fathers.

This is bullshit.

This isn't the first time a Father has killed someone.

It's the patriarchy's fault.

Fatherhood is a social construct. Fathers don't exist.

>Oops a shell casing hit me
>Better pick it up with my loaded gun pointed behind me
Natural selection at its best, a third of his potential genetic legacy is dead. Honestly anyone that dumb should be shot themselves.

Sure you can get rid of our guns, just get the second amendment repealed. Rules for doing that exist.

FLORIDA MAN STRIKES AGAIN

i can just imagine the liberals going ooga booga ban guns now the gun was sentient and killed the poor boy

>grow up
>survive bullying and depression
>finally meet girl
>love of life
>marry
>have children
>happiest he's ever been
>teach son how to drive, shave etc
>takes out son to teach him how to shoot.
>make shitty mistake
>kill son
>other children watch
>wife watches
>mocked globally

KILL YOURSELF DUDE

What a fucking dumbass, trigger control isn't a meme, it's what you're supposed to do, along with not pointing your gun at what you don't intend to shoot. Should be charged with negligence.

>I can't understand the level of stupidity that would have you try to get the shell out of your shirt with a loaded gun in your hand.
You're talking about it like it was a considered decision.

Something burns your hand and you pull your hand away. You hear a noise and you poke your head around the corner to look. Something stings your back and you slap at it. It's an automatic response. You have to consciously override it to not do it, which means you have to anticipate it.

He wasn't anticipating that anything might cause him to slap at his back, so he wasn't spending any attention on inhibiting that reflex.

He was feeling comfortable and safe and having fun in what seemed like a controlled environment, and this unexpected stimulus took him by surprise.

false flag

Guess how many kids died in car accidents today?

It probably was his wife's son anyway. Expect for these kinds of "accidents" to increase now that single motherhood is the norm.

And the father was driving!

>try to infringe on 5th amendment
>surprised when non-faggots say no

>As he tried to remove it, he pointed the gun behind him and fired
If the range was safe, then A) They would have had someone there watching them for this kind of shit
B) They would told them before shooting that the barrel is to be pointed down range at all times.
This range was not safe, and if it was, then the father did this on purpose or the father is a seriously stupid asshole, and if he is a seriously stupid asshole, then his son should have been aborted anyway to prevent passing his retarded genes to his children.

>This is a one-in-a-million freak accident,

its even higher, there are 320 million people in the US.
I am pretty sure there are not 320 children dieing this way each year.

To get a firearm license it should be proven that 1 you don't have autism and 2 you have proof of taking a gun/hunting safety course

Jesus, it's not a fucking clown car.

What a fucking dumb ass. Stupid old fuck can't keep the barrel down range? There are a couple every year.

>>This is a one-in-a-million freak accident,
>its even higher, there are 320 million people in the US.
I don't mean per person in the US per year, I mean per time people are shooting pistols together at the range and the guy who's shooting gets hot brass down his shirt.

Most people don't shoot pistols. Those who do, rarely get a hot shell casing down their shirt. Of those, most won't react in a dangerous way. Of those who react in a dangerous way, most won't actually shoot someone.

It's an extraordinarily improbable tragedy.

>libcuck dad

"sorry boy, you're taking one for the bull."

LOL GUNS DON'T KILL PPL PPL KILL PPL. How fucking retarded do you have to be to realize that Americans shouldn't have guns? Any other country in the world where guns are legal, everything is fine. But it is only in the USA where you hear about the stupid fucking mass shootings and the accidental deaths because this is part of the American disease. It is a culture of stupidity.

Have you even read the thread? I myself have had hot brass land on my head, on my hands, and even one landed in my pocket once.

You know what I did? I realized immediately what was happening, set my gun down correctly, and removed the brass.

This guy fucked up, there is no way around it. I own plenty of guns, and I don't consider this a freak accident. Just a stupid one.

how underage is Sup Forums nowadays?

I had a brass go between my eye and glasses lens. I still managed to keep the barrel pointing down range, not doing 180 like a retard.

Confirmed for no guns normie. Getting hit with hot brass happens, ive never once flinched because of it, and would never with a loaded gun.

>I myself have had hot brass land on my head, on my hands, and even one landed in my pocket once.
I notice that none of that is "down your shirt", where it's in direct contact with your skin and keeps on hurting.

Anyway, I said that it's very unlikely for anyone to react this badly.

You've never reflexively done anything that you immediately knew you hadn't wanted to do and which could have gone very badly if your luck had been worse?

Failure to adhere to safety rules, while a tragedy, should not reflect on most gun owners. If a range official saw such a violation in safety rules, in a lot of ranges, the one responsible would be kicked out. I have seen it happen. Some will give you a warning.

I was at a range meet with a firearms instructor from a large private security firm. He said it best: "Please remember to follow all basic firearms safety rules that were taught to you, if you cannot do so, then put your gun down, point it so that the muzzle is facing forward, down range, and towards the bullet trap, and exit the area until we are done".

There are basic rules. They need to be followed. Don't sweep people with the muzzle, only point your gun at something you intend to destroy. Keep your fucking hands off the trigger until you are ready to shoot. If you are at the range and need to turn around for any reason, place your guns down, preferably unloaded, and with it pointing down range towards the targets and bullet trap. I shouldn't have to repeat this.

Other people know this shit, and they get pissed when their neighbor in the next lane doesn't.

>not following the first rule of fucking gun safety
>fucking FLORIDA
who cares

Always here when he is needed.