Why would anybody get into STEM when the get can get into the medical field?

Why would anybody get into STEM when the get can get into the medical field?

It's the same amount/way more money while actually doing a respectable career and you get to become friends with normal people instead of autistic racists and virgins

The field is too competitive since it's filled with all the people who were too stupid to get into engineering.

More Americans should go into the medical field to COMBAT ALL THE FATSOS IN YOUR COUNTRY!

>too stupid to make less money while sitting in front of a computer all day

and yeah it is competitive sure, but it also depends on the school you go to. The lesser populated ones won't be as rigorous. I'm going to more distant community college, and while competitive it's not insane. It's just 'get decent grades'

>Fatsos
Cucknuck can't even be rude on Sup Forums

Every Canadian poster should be lined up and shot

Doctors are about as far removed from being "normal" as its possible to get

>"nanny knows best" types
>big government fans
>saviours
>sociopaths
>ultimate middle class/minority dream job

people in engineering are too stupid to get into med school

Maybe in USA

YOU MAD, FATSOS?

There's a million different types of jobs in the medical field you know, nearly all instantly employable and abundant

but what? Every doctor I've met comes across as an insanely level headed normal dude. It's weird, they definitely talk differently than most people, there's something about their assured domineer

being a doctor isn't a middle class job over here muhammad

The program is more difficult so it's harder to meet the requirements. I know tons of retards in medical school because they took a biology degree or something milquetoast

biology isn't easy though. You think taking a lot of anatomy & physiology classes are easier than learning about a computer lol. Are you 12?

normal people?
all the medical students I've know are really weird recluses. they don't do anything that is not study.
I made the mistake of hooking up with a girl that studied medicine. bitch wouldn't quit stalking me for almost a year.

You wish, pedo

there is no such thing as a pre-medicine degree so I don't see the point you are trying to make

That's only when going to school, though.

and yeah, I almost wonder if medical majors have the most homework.

Maybe Law would be the only one that'd contest it, I dunno

Where I am, you need a GPA > 3.7

It's much easier to get that with a Psychology, Biology, or a Anthropology degree than it is with Engineering

I despise med fags, my parents had to bribe the surgeon so he'll give me numbing injections during the surgery, and they also had to bribe the fucking nurses so they can get entrance and visit me during visit time

This hospital was also government funded

Oh, and the same issue has reappeared twice afterward because the surgeon was a communist braindead fuck

>"muh med field > engineering"
>brings up more money as an argument

I hope a nigger will make you chew on an aids infested 100 dollar bill

lol no, see:
Not only that, but there's more things you have to learn that comes the medical field than engineering, it's not even a competition.

Not to mention it's more competitive and less of a shoe in to get into the program

Need a GPA > 3.7 for what?

I hope you are not talking about med school admissions because GPA is weighted against course content, school reputation and is held in much less regard than the MCAT.

There is no way that you can say people become physicians and surgeons because undergrad engineering was "too hard" - that is just retarded

>medical field
>healing degenerates as a career

yeah no. the pay sounds good, but all the med students who were 6+ years in told me about the endless hours of studying. i have no passion for healing people and taking on their headaches. pay is good, but the career is stressful, boring, and only for the passionate/extremely focused & determined who aren't 100% redpilled.

Well, not only do you make way more money, but you also save humanity in the process.

Plus people actually respect your job, and you get hot women instead of landwhales that'll settle for you, when you're an engineer.

Plus you're working in a hospital with educated people, not kissing a bosses' ass in a cubicle all day

You're way oversimplifying the engineering program; it's more than a computer. Full time studies are forced; group assignments are forced; group labs are forced; grading is done on a bell curve instead of what you actually deserve; etc. Much Much harder to get a good GPA with engineering unless you're passionate about it and read Popular Science in your spare time.

So you'd rather be slave away for a company's bottom line as an engineer - in a company that doesn't give a fuck about you - instead of actually doing a job that's satisfying?

You can come home at the end of the day in the medical field knowing that you improved a person's life, not the company's bottom line

>tfw there were hundreds of biology undergrads like me at my university
>Most too retarded to pursue med school but that doesnt stop them
>Pursued research experience early sophmore year
>Got 2 internships
>Got a masters in 1 extra year and working for a large biotech company
>mfw those medschool biolotards are lab and pharmacy techs making $12 an hour

but it's not lol.

in medical field you have to know the ins and outs of how the human body works, it's a little bit more involved than doing a math problem kiddo

you need a 3.7/4.0 GPA, as a minimum GPA requirement, to even be considered for medschool.

>engineer

wow way to assume, top kek, 8/8.

yeah i never said anything about becoming an engineer.

medicine isn't satisfying to me because healing people seems futile, esp. if they are the common bluepilled degenerate which is most of the world.

to reiterate, i don't care about improving anyone's life. i understand the ideas you are trying to convey, i used to think like that once. the point is, 8+ years of school to get a career i don't want isn't fun or worth it to me.

That sure explains all the incompetent physicians in the US.

> but there's more things you have to learn that comes the medical field than engineering
> that comes the medical field than engineering

So what about elementary English grammar? You write like a 19th century nigger.

People do it because society tells them it's what they should do

Yeah, biology is by far the most populous discipline in the sciences, discounting perhaps education majors in the sciences. Part of biology's squishiness is that there's never been a Newton of biology, but this is a double edged sword. Bio is very easy starting out and you can often ignore the legitimately harder parts (where memorization won't get you far) like biochemistry and cellular biology. However if you want to accomplish anything in the field other than arguing about species identifications (lol, category error) you'll eventually have to deal with genomics, complexity, computer simulations and massive god damn computational models and yeah, physics. (I bet that part of the motivation of neuroscientists to ignore quantum physics in brain modelling is they simply don't want to learn yet more math-intensive physics. Even many physicists, half by some surveys, fail to conceptually take in quantum physics, making Einstein's unconscious mistake of assuming locality, physical intuition as normal, applies hence hardheadedly fighting the central tenet of the theory.) Essentially, you'll be a biophysicist in everything except name.

>become friends with normal people
my brother in law works medical and he said just yesterday all those people are all snooty wierdos.

Bull fucking shit you need to have a clinical lab certification to be those. Doctors can't work as lab techs, and lab techs can't work as doctors.

The majors practically worthless. You just need something that says you got a degree in a science. Unless you want to be unemployed, you NEED to get pcr, cell culture, and other analytical assay experience during your undergrad. And that isn't even hard to get if you didnt go to a shit school

>Be me
>Get STEM meme degree
>Go into business job
>Never code in my life
>Don't have to get massive debt for medical school
Get massive stock options
Yeah,I'm good fampai

Because I don't want to spend all of my time at work, which is what a good doctor should do.

It's ten times more stressful. Also, since when was STEM racist?

You don't need clinical lab certification to be a pharmacy tech. And not every lab is a clinical lab. I was talking about the host of tards who pursue medschool while doing a biology undergrad, who never end up going.

>be me
>study English+ History + Teaching
>easy as fuck, can spend my days doing the shit I want and rarely ever have to study
>classes are filled with 80% prime pussy, no autistic beta neckbeards
>remaining 20% are chill dudebros you can hang out with
>comfy as fuck
>after graduation a lifelong employment with a top 15% salary awaits me
>half of my job is done at home in my cozy homeoffice, wearing sweatpants
>no boss that tells me how to do shit, I decide what and how to teach

Life is good friends.

How is it not middle class? You're getting paid for your professional expertise and qualification. That's the definition of middle class.

It doesn't mean "middle income" nigger.

>STEM
>science
>technology
>engineering
>MEDICINE

Op:
Why would anyone get into stem when they can go into the medical field.

>tfw I have no reaction image for how stupid op is because I'm on my phone

pretty much my plan, minus the english
also planning on joining military after uni, valuable life experience+ military family, everyone is a vet

medical is stem

But the medical field falls under stem, you fucking dumbass. Medicine isnt science?

When people say "middle class" they mean middle income, you semantics pandering fuck

>Medicine isnt science?
HAHAHA

are you clinically retarded you dumb frogfaggot?