SKI JUMPING GENERAL

Today the best time of the year is finally starting, the greatest sport on earth is back!

Ski Jumping season starting RIGHT THE FUCK NOW in Wisla.
Team competition today, singles tomorrow.

Other urls found in this thread:

4d.rtvslo.si/zivo/tvs2
ifirstrowus.eu/watch/596644/2/watch-ski-jumping-wc:-poland,-hs134-team-event.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You now remember Thomas Diethart.

Fuck, why is nobody commenting.

Huber jumping very well right now, surprising to see. It will be close between Austria/Germany/Poland, I feel that Germany will win even though I'd love for Poland to take the win here.

Very nice to see Kamil and Dawid in such good shape already, at least what was seen on the trial round.

Hello finnbro. Good to see you. Also there is second thread for some reason.

I think Poland has got this.

btw is Schlierenzauer jumping? Hows he doing?

I will post here because my friend, denmark-chan, likes ski jumping

Hi Polska. Yeah, just saw it. Best to keep it in this one thread I think.

Who does everyone think will be the breakout star of the season? Aside from the obvious Dawid Kubacki, I feel that Junshiro Kobayashi has really stabilized his form and will fight for a top 10 overall this winter. Also, Eisenbichler will win some competitions this winter.

Depends, in the trial Germany would have won.

Schlierenzauer had an injury about two weeks ago, will miss a lot of competitions here in the beginning of the season. Some tear in the knee ligaments. It's a damn shame, I wouldn't wish anyone that treatment.

any body have a stream?

hmm, shame. want to see him win some more competitions, its always more fun with him up there.

What a jump by Dawid! It's amazing to see how much better he's doing mentally than last seasons. I remember like yesterday when he had never even got any points in the world cup despite being in the top10 in the summer countless of times, lol. Amazing fighter.¨

My Eurosport stream is late by some minutes, sucks but can't do nothing about it

4d.rtvslo.si/zivo/tvs2

>any body have a stream?

ifirstrowus.eu/watch/596644/2/watch-ski-jumping-wc:-poland,-hs134-team-event.html

This is a fairly good one, David Goldstrom is the commentator which is always nostalgic to hear.

I'd love to see someone new from Japan in the top 10. I love Kasai and all, but I always feel bad for the youngsters in their team who are getting outdone by grandpa.

*Wisła

Wasnt Kubacki always the one jumping heavily to the right? Did he get that under control?

It was always a bit spooky how close he got to the barrier especially on big hillsizes.

>Fuck, why is nobody commenting.
Not a sport.

thanks Slovbro

thanks Finnbro

wow the czech team is so shit it hurts

at least there's still hope with the young jumpers like Polášek and Vančura

i have a gf instead

Just loooking at KASAI sama makes my heart warm. Good jump!

I hear Janda is a politician now. Even got elected in parliament so he has to end it now.

Yep and he didnt qualify for sunday so today are his last jumps.

Yeah, that's one of the things working with the new coach Stefan Horngacher has changed. He also seems much calmer and more confident than ever before. Love the change desu, don't have to pray for him not scewing things up in the team competition, lol.

Yeah, the same for me. I miss the golden generation of Funaki, Harada, Miyaharu, Okabe, Kasai etc.

Damn, Tande's still in great form.

IT gets better for Poland!

Yeah, I could definitely see him even winning the whole winter season. He's got tremendous potential and he's one year older and wiser again.

Solid effort by Maciek. If he can just get his form going, should be one of the best come the olympics. I just fear his mental level isn't on par with the best.

We are so shit, haha. That Prevc season two seasons ago was just a fluke.

rip czechia

>all these DSQ

lmao

REFJUMP

Just like Peterka, your best just get tired of the sport and start partying it up after a couple of good seasons

Who the fuck is Huber
>You now remember Thomas Diethart

Simiiiiiii

watch him snatch the olympics and then retire

Two seasons ago Prevc was without a gf, After wining the globe, he suddenly got one. And we all know how shit he was last season. Same thing happened to Domen. Started the season without one, was wining, got a gf in the middle of the season, was never good again.

what the fuck what is Koudelka doing i thought he was supposed to be good???

I tried looking up what Diethart is doing now and it seems he's barely holding on to competing in any competitions at all.

What a mad lad.

HOLY SHIT KOBAYASHI-SENPAI

NIPPON

Feels good man, nice to see Kobayashi really hitting it up.

Always be wary of the gains goblin

Solid from Andi.

Maybe he can play a role at the four hills.

>they will never again use Jump by Van Hallen to open the competition

Krafti can do even better 2bh

Solid effort by Kamil, a bit unstable and late on the jump and thus lopsided in the air. Could do much better.

If Eisenbichler steps it up we can still get the podium at least.

To be fair you have to have a very high iq to understand ski jumping.

RIP Sevi Freund 1988-2016

It's a real shame he had all those injuries. Freund at his best in 2015 (think Falun WC team competition) was one of the best I've seen. In fact, that might be one of the all time best performances, with the likes of Schlieri at Kulm, Malysz at 2007 Sapporo etc.

Wat happened.

Nvm. I saw headlines. He just managed to jump for a month in June till next injury.

Remember Swedish ski jumpers?
Or the Koreans?

Fucks sake Markus.

i wonder what will happen to the Korean team after the olympics

Heung Chul Choi something

I reeber the french Nicola Desum

Amazing jump by Forfang, great job. I love his unique style: like Hayböck, Forfang seems so slow and almost lazy at the take-off, but the position is perfect then later on.

Eisenbichler single-handedly ruined the competition for Germany.

RIP victory

I was at the Homenkollen in Oslo in 2015 where he won both competitions. It was fucking magical.

I heard the german anthem so many times that weekend because of the nordic combined events too.

How do we deal with the wind issue?

WTF tier: WHAT HAPPENED TO ITALIANS?!

I can imagine, must've been phenomenal. As a Polish fan nearly all of my life, I've got to cheer in Lahti my fair share. The high points have been 2001 Adam, 2014 Kamil (Magical 134,5m jump with 19,5 style) and the 2017 team championships.

Did Frenzel win there in 2015 or something?

Norwegians must have wind making machines somewhere

Hoooooooooooooooly shit

The have ony 2 jumpers who can manager to top 30.

Nice. Any other hills youve been to?

Yeah i thought it was Frenzel but looking at wikipedia he just won the overall season classification not the individual event so thats probably the podium ceremony i have in mind.

indoor ski jumping
Honestly, it can't be that hard to build a wall and a roof over an entire ramp, just invest those 20-30 millions and you're set.

Theres no money in ski jumping.

Maybe a crazy project like that couldve happened back in the Martin Schmitt or Adam Malysz days but not anymore.

Unless some crazy saudi prince somehow gets really into ski jumping.

deathjump

another one bites the snow

oof, that must have hurt

rip

I've been to Kuopio and Ruka a couple times each and also visited Wisla suring the Summer GP. When I was four in 1996, my family went to Holmenkollen to watch the games. Adam won there for the first time, and he became my idol form thereon.

Heh, as a German, it must be hard to keep track of Nordic Combined. If Frenzel doesn't win, then it's Rydzeck, or earlier Ackermann, Kircheisen etc.

I feel Poland can still win this, but it requires amazing feats by Kamil and Maciek. Or if Johanson fails

oof ouch owie my neck

paralyzed 4 lyfe

That's for Smolensk.
I hope he's alright.

Now that would be something
Like the Jamaican bobsleigh team, except with sand dunes and rich Sheikhs' sponsorship.

Webm anyone?

Do you follow Finnish ski jumping a lot? How come there are practically no good Finnish jumpers remaining?

Also Kornilov's face got smashed up badly

>all that blood
rip his nose

Sweet. Come to Oberstdorf in december, i'll invite you.

Very nice, Kasai-sama

based Nori

i think Japan is going to do well this season

Talking about Cool Runnings, has anybody seen Eddie the Eagle movie? Was pretty good and when it wasn't good at least it was fun.
Hugh Jackman as former skijumper champion from USA (lol at his physique). At least they got the alcoholism and/or Matti Nykkannen right.

R A P E
A
P
E

I kinda want to watch it because someone actually made a movie about ski jumping, but i also dont want to watch it because its just so typical they would choose quite literally the worst jumper of all time to make a movie about.

Yeah, I do. The problem is that the prospect pool is just crazy small. There are all in all some dozens of registered ski jumpers. Compare that with the hundreds of young poles in FIS Cup or the fellas in Stams in Austria. The sport's just not popular with the youth, there's no money there on youth level, and because of that the hills around the country are being neglected. We would really need a young Ahonen right now.

Thanks Germanbro, I'm not yet sure if I can come to 4hills. I would really love to, just need to get my gf there as well, and she's got a lot of work right at the same time.

I'm really disappointed at the Germans today desu, such a drop from yesterday's qualifying. I need to check later on if there was some systematic drop in speeds or something if it's some equipment problem.

How many years Noriaki Kasai is going to keep being one of the best? It's insane.

3rd place looking good now

>turn on tv
>ski jumping is on
shame i missed it. come on robert!

It's actually pretty charming.

Is Ahonen playing?

unless he falls down and breaks his nose like kornilov they have won already

He did jump here, yeah

I think the fact that the top 10 dont automatically qualify anymore will shorten his career a bit.

Okay, will check it out then.

Ski jumping is literally the perfect sport to watch
>not too long
>constant action, you only need an attention span of about 10 seconds to appreciate it
>looks spectacular
>comfy locations and nice fans
>the cards get completely reshuffled every season, every year some other guy is in great form

based Krafti btw

Top notch jump right here, quite the competition today.

Let's make a promise here - we're going to placate spee with ski jumping over the incoming season until the ball plebeians learn to love it, alright?

>ex aequo
lmao, will there be 2 silver medals now?

Too big of a luck factor with winds. Ruins the whole sport for me.

this

well done norwegen