Anybody here have an opinion on the Catalonian independence referendum?

Anybody here have an opinion on the Catalonian independence referendum?

This is the region that wants to break off.

>Anybody here have an opinion on the Catalonian independence referendum?
no

I think every people have the right of self-determination, so if Catalonia wants to become independant, they should be allowed to do so

It is farçe created by a traditionally non nationalist right-wing party in order to escape the justice system for systematically stealing the 3% of all public expending in the last 30 years. The really sad thing is that the left is supporting them.

Gib independence

As with Germany there is already a legal process to become independent in Spain. They do not have the votes so they are forcing an illegal referendum to bypass the law.

Kill all Castillians

On one hand I like self determination,
On the other hand I think the clay belongs to all spaniards. So I'm just glad I don't have anything to do with this problem because I'm still undecided.

Revolutions are won through the barrel of a gun. Not the stroke of a pen.

How could they ever become independant legally, since rest of the Spain can simply block the vote?

Uh, that's not necessarily true Amerika-kun.

They can't and that's the point.

They need enough votes to change the constitution. I am not from Catalonia but I am willing to vote to modify the constitution.

If a group of people wanna be independent THAT badly, then they should be willing to die for it T B H.

You shouldn't have to die though. That's just a waste of resources and lives.

Well, in my understanding, if a people can be kept from leaving a country against their will, then the law is unjust, since all laws get their legitimacy from the people

Sometimes people can come to a level of understanding that doesn't require killing other people. Some can be won through violence and some can be won without. Both options are viable and we should be supporting the options that don't require violence, not the ones that do.

If they manage to break off it will become a failed state and its gonna come back crying, just like in the past.

If you're so certain then why won't you let them? It would certainly stop any future attempts if you have something concrete to point at. Of course you won't because you're mooching off of Catalonian entrepreneurship.

> look at those traitorous Catalans goyim, they are trying to disrupt society and break your country! you must stand with us!
> by the way, nobody is corrupted or stealing your money or anything
> t. Spanish government

> look at those imperialistic Spaniards goyim, they are oppressing the Catalan nation and insulting your culture! you must stand with us!
> by the way, nobody is corrupted or stealing your money or anything
> t. Catalan government

The whole thing is an orchestrated circus to divert our attention from corruption.

it won't happen

That was just my opinion. I don't really care if they stay or go, I don't like them anyway
>you won't because you're mooching off of Catalonian entrepreneurship.
True, the goverment doesn't wanna let that money go.

i really want catalonia to become independent so i can witness the birth and crash of a failed state with my own eyes and see them beggin for monies to spain afterwards

What is your opinion on how Spain handles this situation?

I think they are completely incompetent and don't deserve to have a united country.

I think so too. They should have handled it like UK and just give the Catalonians a referendum

PP (the government party) really fucked up things
They are truly retards, they handled this the worst possible way

Accepting a referendum would 1) create a precedent 2) acknowledge that catalonia has a separate sovereign entity that deserves its own opinion. Won't ever happen, even if Spain would win.

Sorry, but that makes Spain evil in my book