Have black people in the UK always been there like in America or are they all 1st and 2nd generation immigrants?

Have black people in the UK always been there like in America or are they all 1st and 2nd generation immigrants?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-207670/100-Greatest-Black-Britons.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Definitely more recently arrived

They're recent except for maybe like two families

How were they able to become so influencial and such a vital part of the culture so quickly?

Because angl*s fucking love blacks

Stormzy isn't vital m8

my understanding is that most of the more "British" ones came several generations back and are Caribbeans that were already quite anglicized

There are some who were sent to Britain for slavery.
It was a small amount though.

They haven't, really. Compared to America where basically all uniquely American art has been created by blacks, the ones in the UK are lagging behind.

I'd argue Asian immigration has had a larger cultural influence.

They had some black slaves, freedman, sailors and several caribs over pre modern carribean migration

Our media likes to put them on a pedestal even though they've contributed fuck all. Plus our young people and teenagers are unbelievably bluepilled, thanks to our brainwashing education system and media.

thank american blacks, black brits don't come close in terms of influencing uk culture

What about all the black celebrities and athletes that represent you? Or the slang you use that was made by them?

If they've been there for so long how come they're only starting to have a lot of influence now?

>Compared to America where basically all uniquely American art has been created by blacks

this is a major meme, blues wasn't significantly different from the country music at the same time. The only qualification of "Blues" rather than "Country" or "Bluegrass" is purely along racial lines

AYO NIGGUH
WE WUZ KANGZ
WE SMOKE WEED
AND BANG BANG
SHIET BRUH
I GOTTA BAD BITCH
DAMN CUH
GANGSTA AS FUH

There you guys go, I just contributed more art to the American world.
Wheres my welfare

t. Billybob Barnacle Cleatus

UK borrows Americanisms and this is just another instance of that

You show a startling lack of insight and knowledge of the past. But then youre probably a teenager

>What about all the black celebrities
Like?
>Or the slang you use that was made by them?
That's a London thing. No one in the North uses it. The real issue is that there is a massive bias towards the south east where most black people live.

Do I really have to list them?
Isn't London the capital? If they influence the capital they influence the whole country, no?

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-207670/100-Greatest-Black-Britons.html