Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Honestly I do not know but somehow it matters for the playoffs if they win by 30 or if they win by 70

Because Alabama is the biggest pussy in College Football. They have to play their FCS rivals and refuse to play true away non conference games. Or really many decent non conference games at all for that matter.

Alabama is a giant pussy

SEC teams need a cupcake FCS team to face right in the middle of the season

FBS-FCS games need to be fucking banned. The divisions are too far apart at this point. If not an outright ban we at least need a mercy rule

Gotta make them look strong

In some conferences, they are banned. They finish out any current FCS jobber contracts amd are not allowed to make any more.

They need to be banned across FBS, though. The thought of the best team in the country playing an FCS team 10 weeks into the season is laughable

because they need to have a bye week before muh iron bowl - its absolutely ridiculous and should be punished by the comittee

Almost every team schedules bunnies for NC games. $EC is smart enough to take a breather late in the season so they can finish the season strong.

>Smart enough
You mean pussy enough? Theyre essentially taking an extra bye week before Auburn

>look how smart Bama is
Then why not schedule ALL their non-conf games against FCS?

Cause youre only allowed 1 a year to count towards your record.

>offered one glorified scrimmage for their regular season
>they take it
>"national" champs

PUSSIES

I want it to be banned, but I also want to give my FCS alma mater a fighting chance

Then schedule a low-ranked G5 team, or a comparable FCS squad, go 12-0, make the FCS playoff. Good for you.

It's fine because almost all the top end schools do it these days, but yeah it really should only be allowed the first half of the season
The bottom of the SEC always has like 4 teams that are FCS-tier anyway, so they should just schedule those late

>Bigly

>Theyre essentially taking an extra bye week before Auburn
>This isn't smart

or just relegated to only the Go5. I go to an FCS school and we play guys like Nevada and Fresno State all the time

also, all conferences need to schedule one game against the team that finishes in the same place in the other division. no bullshit like Wisconsin, Georgia, or Bama beating up conference bottom feeders all year while ducking the good teams in their conference

FBS-FCS games should be in the first two or three weeks of the season. They're essentially preseason games that pad their win totals.

They need to change their name to Mercy desu

For these smaller FCS schools, these games are necessary because they are literally paid by the opposing school to play these games which helps fund their program (can be over a million dollars). Without playing in these games, Mercer's football program probably wouldn't exist.

I do like that idea of having the 1 play the 1
too bad it's impossible to implement as long as we have the big 9 and the big 15 or whatever it is now making all the numbers wonky as shit

Why is this allowed?

it works in all conferences except the Big 12 where everyone plays each other already

>only 4 road games

SCHEDULE BABBIES CONFIRMED

>If not an outright ban we at least need a mercy rule

dont you mean

a mercer rule

I guess the problem is that they are already 8 conference game babbies so watching them pay for a win is just ridiculous.

FSU was a >neutral site
games against cupcakes are always at the good teams

I do find it pretty amazing that even when they do go outside their comfort zone and schedule what looks like a real, top 25 team, that team ends up being a 2-10 shitter

Because college football is eternally fucked.

Big Ten doesn't even allow it unless you play 5 road conference games that year, and it's still frowned upon

Power 5 needs to split off from the G5 and play nothing but teams with those Power 5. I'm sick of seeing the scheduling in college football. There's 66 teams in the power 5 what the hell is the purpose of having another 60-70 teams in the same division? I'm not watching Ohio State play UNLV lol. Attach a power 5 to a G5 and have promotion/relegation if you want to give them a chance(Big Ten/MAC, SEC/CUSA, PAC12/Sun Belt, ACC/AAC, Big12/MWest)

Kent State will be a powerhouse by 2020 doe

>don't play anybody in non-conference schedule
>neither does most of the sec
>get to play nothing but home games for bowl games(every bowl affiliation the SEC has is in the southeast)
>SEC plays FCS and Sun Belt teams more than CUSA teams even though its the same region because apparently CUSA teams are too good

SEC is the best conference dont get me wrong but they have done a masterful job of making it look like they are on another level when theyre not. SEC is 5-6 against the other Power 5 conferences this year

ikr
>fresno state
>arkansas
>co state
>mercer
literally who?
auburn will be alamaba's first actual competition

>bama struggled in nearly every road game they've played
this gives me hope that auburn can end the nightmare

>yfw kick 6 2.0

>4 true road games
How the fuck does this even happen? I'm truly envious, not even memeing. Holy shit. Not to mention 2/3 road games they've had thus far were decided by one score. 25% of the teams in the country could make a run at the natty with this type of schedule. My goodness.

SEC is just not as topheavy as it used to be
thing about SEC is that although there are only like 3 solid teams (bama, auburn, & ga.) they also have a bunch of decent teams
There are no flat out garbage teams that ought to be relegated like many other conferences
So i understand when people complain about non-conf. games but atleast they dont have any cakewalks in conf. (with the exception of vandy and kentucky)
As opposed to, lets say, ACC where you have a ton of just godawful nonfootball schools like NC, Duke, cuse, VA., wake forest,and BC
So while bama may schedule a shit non-conf. opponent, decent teams in ACC get shit opponents all the time by virtue of their conference

The SEC is a mirage and everyone with a brain has known it for decades (aka everyone but sec fans). They schedule these cupcake teams to boost their records making them look better than they actually are. While this worked flawlessly in the BCS era, it’s already failing as seen by the sec getting chucked hard in the playoff era. Within 5 years I guarantee they’ll either start scheduling tough ooc teams, be left out entirely or get fucked by the NCAAs massive cock for all the recruiting violations they know are happening but ignored because of the money they brought in

In fairness, they did schedule FSU. Not their fault the team sucks cocks this year. That said, no one should be playing this low quality of an opponent this late in the season. It's bad for the sport.

Then how do you explain the head to head games? (i.e. the national championship games from the past ten years) If the SEC were truly that overrated, they would be getting BTFO'd when they play a non-conference team. Your post sound like sour grapes tbdesuwy.