The characters still looked passable, but everything else in Avatar has aged liked dog shit

The characters still looked passable, but everything else in Avatar has aged liked dog shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KPmBT08zcc4?t=34
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks like a pretty good game cutscene

It was made as a cinema spectacle movie, it was never going to age well. It instantly lost a lot watched on a tv size screen with no 3d

Not on my giant flatscreen it doesnt.

Watch it on blueray instead of streaming it on your shitty laptop

What game?

looks like halo

yeah right

what's your graphic card OP ?

youtu.be/KPmBT08zcc4?t=34

this is what you get from compressed rips and using VLC.
I recently watched the bluray on a 50inch TV with active 3D and the movie still looked really, really good.

T-that is hot

well the movie is almost 10 years old at this point. cgi tends to age much, much worse.

>Avatar has aged liked dog shit
crap b8

Are you implying there's a baseline value in unaged dog shit?

Even ignoring the visuals, the movie is shit. Here's hoping Jimbo does something different with Avatar 2 that makes it watchable.

he hired an entire team of writers and probably will come up with some really awesome action set pieces.
I mean say what you want about the pocahontas plot, the action in avatar was really well made and shot.

>the movie is almost ten years old

can somebody kill me

Honest opinion from a guy who thinks Avatar is just okay-ish, but nowhere near the blasphemy against kinography that some try to argue it is.

90% of the CGI shots in the movie go from "pretty good" to "fucking breathtaking". The alien monsters, the futuristic hardware, the colorful backgrounds, it all has aged pretty fine.

Visually speaking my problem is the Na'vi, any moment they are shown in full body moving around ruins the illusion for me, they just look odd. It isn't even the quality of the CGI because the guys are very life-like in close-ups, it's more of a design issue because their bodies just look wrong. Cameron went too far with his "they must look athletic and hot" fetish and the result suffered.

>here's this dragon no has been able to tame one in a million years
>hold my beer
literally heroball the movie

Cameron needs to grow a beard again, it's obvious that was the source of his powers.

Damn Halo is redpilled af

I'm actually ok with that

>here's this dragon no one has been able to tame in a million years because it's married to pseudomystical voodoo and being "chosen" and shit
>hold my beer, I'm gonna jump on its back and stick my hot ponytail into it. Treesus doesn't even exist

stop being this cancer.

>the movie is almost 10 years old
fuck everything

I didn't even like Avatar and I still love the Venture Star for the work that went into designing it.

Cameron played it off pretty well.
>MC doesn't do anything special learning to be a blue monkey
>navi believe their bird must choose them
>dragon chooses nobody because nobody is stupid enough to fuck with him
>mc doesn't fuck with the dragon either
>historically dragon rider only happens in times of crisis once every dozen generations
>because only then is anyone desperate or stupid enough to look for one
>"fuck me, I'll do like her great great great great granddad and fuck with a dragon because we desperately need it"

Hey, it paid off.

That giant sword was stupid. The Mechs looked clumsy and unbalanced as well.

i've heard machetes are pretty useful in jungle

>Cockpit is huge on them
>Only about 5 meters tall
>Don't even have integrated guns
>Ammunition feed on the outside of it
The mechs were pretty bad in Avatar

>That giant sword was stupid.

Agreed. Those Brits, Americans and Japanese with their machetes in WW2 sucked. South America is so retarded for having them as well.

Totally unbelievable in a high density jungle to have mechs armed with a machete, especially when it is essentially a mechanical person and requires one just as much.

>Exosuits
>Mechs

Dumb Sup Forumsirgins.

Why do Sci Fi directors love those stupid Goliath machines? They are clunky and retarded and would never work in a chaotic war environment.

>Being this autistic
It's a mechanical suit, it's a mech

>giant alien tree falls over after being bombarded by missles
>no one yells "TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMBER"

You had one job Cameron.

Wait

Best scifi ship.

It's immortal.

>make a movie who's sole gimmick are the cgi special effects
>surprised when it ages like milk

jojo reference perhaps?

Why does it have these two tiny rockes when there is a million under the main wings?

Haven't seen Avatar since I saw it in the kinosal
8 years ago now

>Why do aircraft have several weapon mounts?
Do you really want me to explain that different missiles are meant for different things?

That look in her eyes - you just know...

why is she alone in tht giant chopper? You need two pilots to operate that much of weaponry and don't get tired.

why does it have guns if it has rockets and why have wings if it has proppellers and why have walls if it has floors why have people when it has a joystick

Mech is a term usually reserved for purpose built war machines. Exosuits on the other hand are mostly walking forklists, as was in the one in Aliens and the ones in Avatar. We see them in their original use in the Human base and while some have been hastily refitted for war, they were still exosuits with the lack of design refinement for war obvious in their external ammo feed, among other things.

You're confusing mecha and mech

I walked out of the theater when the aliens were healing the Sigourney, after her people had destroyed their reason for existence. I also saw it in 2d.

Hm, yes, I guess I am. The bit about the exosuits clearly not being designed for war stands. though.

Probably guided rockets for self defense against other aircraft and what not, whereas the giant rocket pods are just fire and forget for ground saturation.

You know, the same reason why modern aircraft carry multiple missiles and rocket types.

Looks like the same missile type to me. Same color on the tip.
So are you really telling me that aircraft needed four extra missiles?
Are you telling me that they need a special mount for missiles the same size?
And if those are special missiles, why can't they just be places in the main mount with the rest of them?

It still doesn't really make sense though for them not to have properly militarized powered suits, especially if they went to the trouble of creating an ammunition feeding mechanism for them
I'm telling you they aren't built for the same purpose you fucking idiot
>Oh well a rifle and a pistol both use the same round so they must be the same

The wing mounted ones can probably be switched for fuel tanks or something. It has the extra four so it still has some weapons in that case and there's no reason to remove them.

I'm not sure how they could have gotten around the exposed ammo feed considering the size of the belt.

Internalizing it into a drum feed

>you fucking idiot
Calm down, lad. Why are you so angry?

>Oh well a rifle and a pistol both use the same round so they must be the same
No what I meant. All the yellow missiles looks the same to me, so why need those extra four slots? Why can't they be fitted in with the rest? And if they have a different purpose, can't they just fit them in the bee cubes? Removing four of the normal missiles can't be a big deal. It just looks silly, that's all.

Well, maybe the mech gun was taken from a gunship door mount. Even today we have exposed ammo belts on those. Maybe they didn't have time to refine the system. A lot of maybes, I know.

>And if they have a different purpose, can't they just fit them in the bee cubes?
No because the way aircraft mounted weapons fire don't work that way, ever seen Vietnam footage where they shoot a fuckload of rockets onto fucking shits? That's what the bee cubes are for, the others are for more precision stuff
Even in WW1 they figured out how to load shit into a drum feed, just seems like exposing your ammunition to moisture and a literally hostile atmosphere is a pretty shit idea for them to take

>mfw this is an actual scene from Avatar
looks like a 2005 game

But in WW1 and subsequent wars some machine guns still used belt feeds. Most of them, even. There's a belt feed between the ammo drum and GAU-8 on the A-10, it's just inside the fuselage so you can't see it. If the exosuits were purpose built war machines no doubt they'd have built in a concealed ammo feed, but these things were clearly build to be forklifts and hastily retrofitted as war machines.

even 3,000 years ago they managed to carve stone with no machinery.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Then what fucking gun are they using that they couldn't retrofit a drum feed instead of a belt? The suits aren't the issue with this

FIXED

Which Far Cry level is this again?

How did they get away with this

Calm down, man. Machine guns are still routinely used without drums. Helicopter door guns, for one thing. For whatever reason this one doesn't have one either. It was a mistake but these things do happen in combat, especially with jerry rigged equipment.

You will never see an external belt feed outside of a door gun for obvious reasons, all I'm saying is it look shit and makes no sense in a universe where humanity has achieved interstellar flight and shit

They were literally construction exosuits. Not military machines.

They only used them to fight because they were at war with 3m tall space injuns without modern weapons.

WE see this shit for what, like 2 seconds in a three hour movie

why even, cam?

it's because you're not seeing it in 3D shit for brains

Movies sometimes present unrealistic or illogical takes on warfighting equipment. Call the newspapers! Darth Maul's double ended lightsaber, the mecha in Matrix three that were armored everywhere except the pilot's compartment, the bridge being exposed on most Star Trek ships. This is what happens when people who don't actually do the fighting design things. Sometimes even real designers fuck up. They put so many cannons on the Mary Rose in the 16th century that the ship capsized the first time they used it in combat. The Russians built a couple of completely impractical tanks just before WW2. These things happen.

Also bare in mind they are working several light years from the next nearest supply base, aren't government forces and they have crazy electromagnectic interference messing with any kind of sensor stuff.

>Talking shit about the most based tank ever

holy shit

I always thought the glass oxygen masks looked like shit, i remember not liking the cgi glass back when I saw this in the theater.