Do people actually enjoy watching movies where everyone is a cunt?

Do people actually enjoy watching movies where everyone is a cunt?

yes

in Russia everyone really is a cunt, not even joking

So if you are in Russia, you're a cunt, so why would I trust you. And if your not in Russia, how would you know. So shut up, cunt

True. Something about Russian corrupts peoples souls.

Propaganda really does work well on you guys doesn't it

Daily reminder that this flick was "inspired" by Marvin Heemeyer's story, but in the process the director changed it into standard "Russia is a hellhole" crap that sells so well on the international film festivals.

Why is everything propaganda to Russians?

Communists are obsessed with it.

>Russia is a hellhole

but it literally is

Leviathan was amazing and deserved the Oscar that year, if you can't appreciate it you are a pleb

^

It was a hyper-realistic portrayal of deep provincial life and very well made, what was not to enjoy?

that's my favourite type of film

Yes.

Russians can't handle any form of criticism. If their country is in any way insulted it's automatically propaganda.

I honestly don't think Zvyagintsev hates Russia. He just hates humans. Some directors are like this, Von Trier is the same. They're just snobs who think that common men are below them, they sincerely think humans are trash. I don't understand how people enjoy movies like this.

I'm Russian-speaking, you obviously don't know many Russians

Not really. It's relatively poor, relatively crime-ridden, relatively oppressed - but only in comparison to top-20 or so countries. The rest of the world have it far worse.

>hyper-realistic portrayal of deep provincial life
It's not hyper-realistic when everyone is a cunt. There's not a single character in the story you can care about, even their kid is a cunt. And every Zvyagintsev movie is like that. Elena is like that too, he starts by criticizing rich and powerful and then shows that poor and oppressed are also cunts. Well okay then, I don't really care about any of the characters at that point.

it was incredible. one of the best movies I watched last year.

I have only seen Leviathan I can't comment on the director, for me it was all of the worst of my second country combined into a 2-hour spectacle, and so enjoyable

He just wants his film to be seen. If you're a Russian artist, no one cares about you, unless you're doing something political.
There is shit-ton of art-house directors in the West, and no one interested in foreign ones, unless they're making relevant political points or representing exotic countries like Thailand or Iran.

>something political
Being constantly drunk, committing suicide and fucking your friends wife isn't political. His characters do all of those things because he hates them. He just hate people, that's what his movies are about. Some directors are just motivated by their hate. What I don't understand is why people enjoy watching those movies.

There is nothing misanthropic (or political) in The Return. His next film, The Banishment, was just a family drama - but it flopped. So he made Elena and Leviathan - highly politicized "social commentries" about them gloomy vodka-drinking corrupt Ruskies, and critics praised them him it.

Funny thing is that movie was based on Marvin Heemeyer story.