How long do people usually have to live in the US before becoming citizens?

how long do people usually have to live in the US before becoming citizens?

I'm white and have a college education

Other urls found in this thread:

visitusa.org.uk/default.aspx
us-immigration.com/us-immigration-news/us-citizenship/how-long-does-the-us-citizenship-process-take/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'm white and have a college education
You have a better shot at becoming a citizen of Monaco or Liechtenstein.

5 years to be naturalized

But you can become a resident of a state and legally live there and do most of the stuff that a citizen can do. That can take about a few months to a year depending on how populated your city is.

naturalized just means becoming a citizen, right? there's no difference between a born citizen and a "naturalized" citizen?
is that a separate thing from a green card?

White? Basically impossible.

Mestizo? "Syrian" """"refugee""""? 10 seconds, flat.

I wish I were joking

>naturalized just means becoming a citizen, right? there's no difference between a born citizen and a "naturalized" citizen?
Right

>is that a separate thing from a green card?
No it's the same thing

Wherever you go, avoid places that are heavily populated by blacks. I'm not trying to be racist, but they tend to live in poverty and are not safe to be around.

1. Someone needs to sponsor your VISA, so you need a job
2. Depending on the VISA, it may be a lottery (like H1B)
3. After that it's 5 years to citizenship

10 years if you marry I think.

I've visited New England a few times and it seems like a nice place to live. Either that or Washington state/Oregon. But realistically I'd go anywhere where I could get a job. It's not easy trying to find from work across the ocean. I guess my best bet is to find a company with offices in Finland that also operates in the US and try to find a way to move to their US branch after I've put my time in.

I think naturalized cant be president, other than that I don't know any differences.

I'll marry you. We can figure out the specifics later.

are you top or bottom?

I don't do bunk beds. You can have your own room and everything

can i come and be middle, i want visa too. ty

ask for asylum, claim you turned white after assad used chemical weapons on you

I think that depends on whether he's mormon or not

5 years to be naturalized
20 years if you fuck up the citizenship test the first time

good luck faggot

Sorry, but our fascist, bigoted government doesn't legalize polygamy.

Basically you need to come here and shit out a baby. That's why our country is turning a brown color.

>be female
>go murica
>pop out babies
>yay free shit my baby i poped out made me america and gave me shit

thats how

isn't it basically English language and American history test? shouldn't be too hard.

Finland is a better country. Don't be an idiot.

Will trump make it easier for Europoors to immigrate?

That's why birthright citizenship was a mistake.

5 years, but due to visa conditions, you have to go out of the country to reapply for a visa every 12 months (or whenever it applies). You could simply go to Canada, stay at a hotel for a bit, then return back when you're approved.

I had to go back and forth for 5 years between my hometown, take a plane to California. it was tedious, but I was only young; I bet it was even worse on my mom and stepfather.

kek do our national celebrations seem like fun to you? They are fucking great and you will be well-loved as an appreciative foreigner.

Probably not. He said he would ban muslims then backtracked and said nothing would change. His Europoor friends are rich and don't need help to come to the US, so he likely sees no problem with the immigration system from Europe to the US at this point.

But if you really want to come, we would love to have you Britbro. You can find a way. There are lots of Europeans in Silicon Valley.

Canadians have special exemptions and visas, doesn't work that way for a Finn.

You take fundamental issues like freedom of speech for granted and focus on the little things like meme indexes and average skin color.

Finland doesn't have freedom of speech, it doesn't have separation between church and state, it doesn't have guaranteed public trials, it doesn't have a right to bear arms, it doesn't have castle doctrine. It has an oppressive government fixated on managing's people's personal lives to the smallest detail and eliminating any personal responsibility with the price of freedom.

It also has a population that doesn't value ingenuity or success instead frowning upon both as showing off. "The nail that sticks out gets hammered" perfectly describes the Finnish mentality. It's easy to circlejerk on HDI and freedom of press figures when you've never lived here.

My friend, we are no longer Europoor

yes i would love to come, but i think it will be a fucking ballache. i hate living in London so much

Well if you want to visit somewhere

>Under the US Visa Waiver Program, many British Citizens holding a UK passport do not require a US visa providing: Duration of stay is not more than 90 days and traveller holds a valid ticket for onward or return travel. Passport is valid for at least 90 days from date of entry into the United States

visitusa.org.uk/default.aspx

Some say you never were.

>Finland doesn't have freedom of speech, it doesn't have separation between church and state, it doesn't have guaranteed public trials, it doesn't have a right to bear arms, it doesn't have castle doctrine. It has an oppressive government fixated on managing's people's personal lives to the smallest detail and eliminating any personal responsibility with the price of freedom.

Our burger friends truly cannot understand this.
No matter how many times Europeans tell them.

>europe
>is
>not
>free

You cannot do anything without the state giving you a written permission.

>You cannot do anything without the state giving you a written permission.
Yes the whole setup relies heavily on people's deep instilled trust in the government and the "system". That's why they start preaching it as early as kindergarten. I can't even count the times we had a history or social studies class in primary education where it was implied that the welfare state is the only successful way to run a country and should not be questioned. If the government is handling it that must mean it's being done right.

As an example in Finland the police don't even need a court order/permit to do a house search. And if you feel mistreated guess who investigates the complaints about police behaviour? The police.

Because I'm not a mudskin rather than trying to force this country into conforming to my beliefs I'm looking to move somewhere that already fits my view of the world.

Be a Cuban """"""refugee"""""" and just step foot on our soil.

>There are lots of Europeans in Silicon Valley.
Wonder what the work culture is like there. 80 hours weeks and 1 week of vacation a year? That's really the biggest thing keeping me in Europe as someone who works in that field.

>Millions of shitskin in a caribbean island get the most prestigious citizenship by default.

Yeah, we're on the same page mate.

Just last week I got into a two hours long discussion with a group of friends about this.

About the implications of having the government "provide" for you.

While I got them all to agree that this has the unavoidable consequence of limiting the personal freedom of people who do not NEED the government to look out for them, ultimately I was unable to change their mind.

They still think that the government has some magical power that allows it to determine what's best for everyone.

I can't accept that.

I know what's best for myself, not some 70 years old politician sitting in a room 700km away from here.

If your degree was in an engineering discipline, you could join the USN, would help fast track, & looks good on resume

That is the only difference. A naturalized has all the same rights as a born citizen except becoming president.

pay denbts

>But realistically I'd go anywhere where I could get a job
Washington-fag here. It depends on what sort of work you do. We have a somewhat large tech industry in Seattle and Redmond, but we also have loads of tech-oriented people. Plus, Seattle is a liberal hell hole.

Don't leave Finland my Mongol friend. You guys have it good and the U.S would be too much of a cultural shock,

>Washington state/Oregon.
Oregon fag here. Can confirm. Portland is toxic though.

>there's no difference between a born citizen and a "naturalized" citizen?
Can't run for president, that's it.

Hello Tropical Greece. Pan de agua is pretty good though.

>he wants to move to a country with lower human development

is he a retard

us-immigration.com/us-immigration-news/us-citizenship/how-long-does-the-us-citizenship-process-take/