/nba/ general - MY HAWKIES EDITION

My Hawkies to break my celties 14 game Win streak in one of the greatest upsets in my NBAies reg season history.
My Lakies' Ball STILL busted af
My Refees letting my Spuries ass ram my Thundies yesterday

Today's Games:
>My Clippies vs my Hornies
>My Jazzies vs my Magies
>My Celties vs my Hawkies
>My Wariories vs my 76ies
>My Rockies vs my Grizzliesies
>My Bucksies vs my Mavsies
>My Kingsies vs my Trail Blazies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u47fDd-BEnU
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kyrie irving
cbssports.com/nba/news/tim-duncan-says-he-lost-20m-plus-to-alleged-dishonest-financial-adviser/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tthis actually happened in a game
youtube.com/watch?v=u47fDd-BEnU

>smart

>if the playoffs started today the thunder wouldn't even make the playoffs

look at you now /nba/, beaten like a black step child

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

When will the NBA go all-in by putting all the games into VR live? Next year? The year after?

Earlier today I watched part of the Celtics-Knicks game from last month in VR, and it was pretty damn awesome. It was like I was right there on the court watching all the action. If the NBA goes all-in with VR, it could bring about a revolution in the way sports are enjoyed at home.

>VR

Is /nba/ ready to see the ROTY go up against the defending champs, at home?

>jealous poorfag

GF just asked when Paul Milsap plays again

guess who's getting a milsap jersey for her bday?

you sound like a cuck

>Marcus Shart making having negative points for the night

laffin

>My Iggies reaction to my Westbitchies' fragility

K E K
E E
K E K

Man im dead

more of a dom bull actually. she just likes basketball. i guess i should feel lucky

I feel like Iguodala always has his hands up in bewilderment.

Embiid is powered up now, he's gonna shit on the Memeiors.

>GF just asked when Paul Milsap plays again
>guess who's getting a milsap jersey for her bday?

>more of a dom bull actually. she just likes basketball. i guess i should feel lucky

go to bed, cuck

wow /NBA/ really is full of poorfag cucks I bet you never saw an NBA game in VR

I don't understand the insecurity, if you girl likes an athelete, how tf is it any different when you like them?

we both know you're just shitposting right now. take a lap.

If the athlete she likes is some giant generic black athlete, and not even knowing his team, says a lot about what type of roastie she is.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kyrie irving

Accurate.

Is lebron really a bad leader or is kyrie talking shit?

Why'd the media, /NBA/ and /r/NBA all get mad at Kyrie for leaving Cleveland/Lebron and say he couldn't lead a team to the playoffs?

LeBronsexuals

Because LeBron is the golden child of all NBA, he literally can't do any wrong.

Even when his team is losing like shit, he escapes all the blame, in fact, he doesn't even take blame, he's always saying "we" after a loss. How about taking some responsibility? You're the leader, you're the guy who runs the whole organization allegedly.

lebron is going full kobe-mode at this point right now

imo he's a pretty shit leader compared to his talent level.

It makes it pretty remarkable he can still win despite it though.

>Lebron's team wasn't good enough that's why he lost >:(
>Kyrie's record without Lebron is indicative of his game as a whole! He should have been able to win with that team, and he won't win with the Celtics. Stupid trade by them :)

He just seemed like a bit of a spoiled child, I don't think anyone was necessarily mad

>Kyrie "Lebron who?" Irving
accurate

You think we should be celebrating that crap Zaza did? Sick. And of course it's a white dude targeting a black guy, par for the course.

I always give credit where it's due but the story of LeBron's career too much justifying him losing and praising him winning in my opinion. Either the team is good or they not. he's one of the reasons the Cavs are losing but they'll never say it.

People will sit up and say he has no team and blame the coach. part of the reason is his teammates but a larger part is him. They talk about how great his numbers are but when you take 30 plus shots you're definitely going to get 30 or 40.
Everytime LeBron loses its not his fault, like all of a sudden he's not on that team. They say he had no team both times the cavs went to the finals and lost, said he had no team when the heat lost and now it's being said again in the regular fucking season. He's so great when he wins but it's an excuse when he loses. Pathetic

>he doesn't support the Knicks just to hear Mike Breen commentary

Why doesn't he just get hair plugs ffs

>/nba/ finally realizing Lebron has been the problem the whole time

3-5 will never be the finals record of a top 10 player no matter how you try and spin it. just admit the "player of your generation" will never be remembered as a winner. i know it bugs you but not everyone can be goat for just participating

LeChoke is incapable of accepting his failures with grace which is why he will never be GOAT. He blames his teammates and aviods personal blame at all costs.

James at the end of the '15 finals whined about losing, going so far it made it not worth having the opportunity to win if one lost. He complained about a lack of talent--no praise for Mozgov who had a monster series or Thompson who had a monster series on the glass. No praise for JR Smith being the one player on the Cavs that went down fighting after he, himself waved the white flag. James is a great player, but there is more to being the best player than statistics.

Until recently Roger Federer was arguably the greatest Tennis player in history. Yet He has never made a comment remotely like what James has said after big losses. It is more than a lack of humility, it is arrogance, pride, egoism and a whole lot of selfishness. James' comment in overriding his coach's play call ("Just give me the ball and get out of the way.") is indicative of his overall attitude. If your going to take on the weight of being the star player, coach and Manager of your team, you should be taking the responsibility for the L's too.

anyone notice lebron is back to doing his autistic nail biting and fidgeting on the bench again?

>Lebron is the reason the cavs are losing
>the same cavs that were nothing before him
>the same cavs that got 3 #1 picks after him
>the same cavs that missed on most of those picks anyway

Wilt lost in the Finals a lot but people still put him in the top ten.

please tell me more

Well said.

Something that Tom Brady and Michael Jordan do that I really like is that they never accept being the best player in the game because that would mean that they peaked.

However, LeBron flat out said in an interview "I'm the best player in the world".
I feel like LeBron is just content with the 7 straight finals appearances, so now all he does is statpad and deflect.

>the same cavs that were nothing before him
>the 76ers have a better record

wilt sucks and would be top 50 in this current league

>go on reddit's NBA board
>over half the top of the board posts are always random player quotes

What is the reason for this?

To be fair the 76ers have 2 future HOFers (Embiid and Simmons). The Cavs have nothing and a bunch of old has-beens.

>go on reddit's NBA board

What is the reason for this?

It's what they call "news" over there.

I miss millsapp in Atlanta

>The Cavs have nothing and a bunch of old has-beens
once again who's fault? the lebron circle of bullshit has ran it's course.

to try and get some actual news not just shitposting like here

as was predicted by Prophet Joel

probably the worst leader in NBA history

>no charisma
>abysmal clutch shooting
>le 'let someone else take the big shot' so I can take credit for the assist and my """"high Basketball IQ"""" if they make it, but avoid blame if they miss
>loeterally blames teammates for losses in post game press
>"after losing in the finals so many times, it almost doesn't feel worth it to make it here"
>"I'm the greatest player in the world"
...but...
>"We just ran out of talent"

This is why LeBronsexuals are so insufferable how can you defend this shit?

You can write a 20 page essay on why LeBron is a bitch. There's so much material.

>tfw there are anons in /nba/ who bought Lonzo Bust's shoes

The 'my ies' team thing is so cringey please stop and take that shit back to plebbit

>the truth about lebron is now called shitposting on /nba/

i remember when being a Sup Forumsartan meant something. might as well just link your twitter to this site like 7kt did and call it a day.

also GOD DREAM

>when you take 30 plus shots

thats literally never been his game. when he shoots 30+ he gets 50-60 points. hes shooting 19 times a game and averaging 29 points on over 58% shooting. I don't get how you get that shit.

LeBron is at fault sometimes. In 2011 it was almost entirely his fault.

You cannot blame LeBron for the cavs loss in 2007 or in 2015. Seriously that's ridiculous.

In 2014 he didn't play his best series but neither did his teammates. You can put some blame on him but not all of it.

2017 he averaged a fucking triple double while TT got outrebounded by Stephen Curry. LeBron could have had the greatest playoff performance of all time and they were going to lose to the Warriors and everyone knows it.

Yeah, sometimes it's LeBrons fault when they lose but the "3-5" shit is such a joke. Like 3-0 is better than 3-5 or something because of the win percentage, like it'd be better if he lost in the 1st round.

I'll only stop saying it when it stops being amusing to me, so get used to it

>mfw some faggot referred to team giga nigga as the bucksies

worst meme ever

Lonzo Ball will be an all star in his ____ year

>be me
>wake up
>log in to /nba/
>lebron backlash all over
>stay logged in and enjoy the bantz
>sips coffee

It's pure cringe never type it again k thanks

>he doesn't email/fax out of bounds plays to his teams head coach
fucking dweebs

Curry bites his nails too man. Sports can be intense as fuck, I can't imagine being a professional athlete.

the most autistic things he does are on the court, when he stands and blows into his balled fists, i dont get why he does that EVERY SINGLE POSSESSION it actually kinda annoys me

I think he just means it's good for current events sometimes. 90% of this board is jerking LeBron, jerking Ball, jerking Smart. Not that I care.

>Curry bites his nails too man

rapties and lakies sounds pretty good tbqhwymf

switch westbrook with kyrie and how do those teams do?

both teams are about the same, probably.

Thats because those were the original 2 "ies" teams until fags took our memes

I don't know, and probably will never know

>handed a $100 million Nike contract while still in HS
>touted as GOAT since he was a child before he had even accomplished anything notable on the big stage

I hate to get on my soap box but I think LBJ is a perfect example of what our modern day celebrity-obsessed society creates.

Any 16yo nobody nig who is handed the credit of a GOAT without accomplishing anything yet would be likely to turn out just as fucked in the head as LeBron.

You have to earn your status or you won't value it and treat it with the humility required to retain it. If you're familiar with Brady's career story, you'll kno what I mean.

/nba/ stole all my mames

>tfw invented the lebron backlash meme

heh

I fucking hate it and am hoping more anons start seeing how cringy that shit is.

Some autist in an /nba/ thread after C's got 14 over the Dubs was unironically spouting
>my celties
Like 3 times in every post.
>you all need to start respecting my celties
>my celties are going for 80-2
>my celties GOAT defense

so fucking cringy

my favorite part of this whole narrative is how they sell Lebron as some college educated smart business man. Nigga was literally handed half a billion dollars because he could play a game really well. He hired his high school buddy to handle his money, which we all know how that always turns out. Now his wife could end up with a quarter billion dollars because he's going full tiger woods fucking bow hunting chicks off the gram. he will fail i guarantee it.

screencap this post

you dont understand greatness then, its what we do.
>*blows into balled fists

Westbrook is too much of a nigger, like Lebron, to ever win. Cares only about stats

>If you're familiar with Brady's career story, you'll kno what I mean.

>He hired his high school buddy to handle his money, which we all know how that always turns out
uhh, lebron has made a lot of money off of business decisions because of his 'high school buddy' assuming you mean maverick carter

oh look Lebron's posse has paid milk bag shills

Putting your friends on is a smart thing to do. It's only bad if they don't have any kind of character or ethics

Hope you're ready to hear it some more tonight then.

>american is so fat that his fat is crushing his tiny brain and thinks that saying actual facts is 'shilling'

not a shock

heres some good fap material for you

cbssports.com/nba/news/tim-duncan-says-he-lost-20m-plus-to-alleged-dishonest-financial-adviser/

>You cannot blame LeBron for the cavs loss in 2007 or in 2015.
>literally nobody is saying both of these losses were entirely his fault
They were partially his fault tho and he complete disappeared in the Q4's of the '15 finals

The bigger problem tho is that he fucking blamed his teammates and took no responsibility for the losses

>Like 3-0 is better than 3-5 or something because of the win percentage, like it'd be better if he lost in the 1st round.

Yes, the reason 3-5 is brought up is bc LeBron has always had the reputation of being a CHOKE ARTIST. 3-5 shows he can make it to within reach of the chip but, more often than not, just can't grab it. That's why he's not a GOAT like Jordan or Kobe and he certainly Durant inspire his teammates on the same level. Call me crazy if you will, but I think MJ and Kobe hated losing so much that their teammates were afraid to fail.

LeBron to me = Peyton Manning. Always there at the end, and a fantastic player who underachieves.
People often make excuses for both (defense let him down. Not enough talent on the roster to help him, injuries etc) but the bottom line is that though they’re both out of this world talented, both have a tendency to choke when it’s all on the line.
At some point, you expect your stars to take over the game and will their teams to victory.

>fat bantz
>posts candy bar
my how the mighty Cavada has fallen

>it's only bad if they don't have any kind of character or ethics

>comparing tim duncans circle to lebrons

stop it, lebron has the worlds money in his account. dude could go broke and still be rich.

>GOAT like Jordan or Kobe
>Kobe

Where do players keep their money? 1 NBA player salary can keep an entire bank in business by himself. Imagine if all of them share the same bank....

>dude could go broke and still be rich

this
if lebron gave all his money to charity right now, he could buy a mansion next week. He'll be financially secure until he and his kid's kid's kids die

>it's another "Lebronsexual NBA casual doesn't know wtf he's talking about" episode

For 2015 finals James scored 38% of his team's points but took 39% of the team's shots. He shot 40% for the series and 38% after game 1. And he missed an average of 20 shots per game. Yes, 20. When you combine this with his horrendous crunch-time shooting, it's quite laughable than anyone was arguing for him to win series MVP.

James missed 14 of his 17 field goals in clutch time during the 2015 Finals, including shots to win in regulation of Game 1 and Game 2.

For his career in the Finals, James has shot just under 30 percent in clutch time, which does not compare favorably to the shooting percentages of Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade.

why does the goat smoke so many cigars. does he not want to enjoy the millions of dollars he made and die early at 70 to jaw cancer?