Aus/pol/ general - Turnbull about to get thrown the fuck out edition

COUNTING RESUMES

>Tally Room
vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDefault-20499.htm

>Live updates
theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2016/jul/05/australian-election-2016-peta-credlin-malcolm-turnbull-vote-counting-politics-live

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8tqXSPkDbX4
youtu.be/9wT9XS_TvzQ
youtu.be/-1-RnnYLa-o
abc.net.au/news/2016-07-05/pauline-hanson's-comments-could-lead-to-violence:-soutphommosane/7568608
abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/list/?selector=all&sort=latest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tell OP he's dreaming

Gonna be hung desu

>ITT op commits suicide

I think it's 68-71 Labor or something now.

i'm bored as fuck of this election

Think of the dank memes and leftist butthurt though

bullet train is pretty great. i take it all back.

ABC24 just said that we might see some results by the end of the day
>might
AAAAHHHHHHHH

Nothing makes me more happier than seeing Wyatt Roy lose

counting restart when

Coalition will get to 75

Sup Forums should I run as a One Nation rep in my leftie ass suburb come next cycle? It seems like it would be fun. Anyone here ever actually done anything in politics?

AEC figures are lagging (to be extra safe). ABC's are more accurate desu.

>Coalition will get to 75

We've known that for days you fucking schmuck. The question is whether Malcolm Turnbull will get dragged out by his heels or not and whether Labor of the L/NP will be the government.

L/NP doesn't want to be held hostage to the Greens, but Labor might be prepared to.

Who /Keen4Pauline/ here?

Can they do it?

Greens aren't the only cross benchers, genius. The Coalition can form government with the support of Katter or Xenophon.

>Can they do it?

With that sort of swing they've done it bar the shouting. The question is how much of a difference Xenophon will make once the counting has finished and the haggling begins.

>yfw when lefties call for a re-count after they inevitably lose

>Greens aren't the only cross benchers, genius.

Sure, but the Greens are the fucking worst.

one nation should agree to form government with the coalition under the condition that libs give up a seat for a one nation house of rep

this this this
Little guy will have to go get a real job on normal wages.
>suicide in under 12 months

Do it.

but..that's..not..how it works...

JUST

>Australian education

it will happen senpai

all about bargaining australian politics

The current political mess in Australia, and the damage its doing to the economy is a real concern.

Looks exactly like what we had in New Zealand in 1973, and again in 1990. We've only just gotten out of that mess, only after losing 10% of our population.

In fact over here we are shaking our heads at how badly you guys are shooting yourselves in the foot. You made $85 billion from resources between 2002-2010, with nothing to show for it yet are in massive debt and no major party has a plan to get out. Its like they just expected China to always prop up the Australian economy and never worked out a contingency just in case... We've worked through our massive crisis caused when Britain joined the EU and have diversified our economy and are finally in a good place. To the point now people flooding back in and we can't house them. You guys need to learn from our mistakes and pull your socks up real quick or you'll be fucked for decades. Just like we were.

My fear is whatever government is formed will collapse within a year and you will be doing this over again. Its like watching Bolivian or Italian politics. Never expected this of you Australia. Wishing you all the best.

>all about bargaining
>yeah mate, let's just overturn the will of the voters and give ON a seat in the lower house, she'll be right mate, it's all about bargaining.

I wonder what he'll even do

Most politicians are lawyers and simply go back to their law firm after they lose office

Roy was studying politics, not law, and he didn't even graduate

Our economy is shit despite our unstable politics, not because of it. We're fucked either way.

>One Nation
yeah you could open a bank by printing money

Australians are too arrogant to take advice from NZ.

they overturned the will of the voters when turnbull backstabbed Tony Abbott. Turnbull would agree to the deal to keep government

Even though knifing PMs is frowned upon, it's still completely allowed.
Suggesting that an MP can give up his seat for a member from a different party is just retarded, and you're a tip top shitposter for even suggesting it.

Except we don't vote for prime ministers

Just stop posting, retard.

>implying federal reserve banks don't already do this

>Its like watching Bolivian or Italian politics.
Parliament can get pretty childish, but i've yet to see them slap each other with dildos.

Holy shit you're retarded. When Abbott was backstabbed, it was an internal Liberal party change of leader. Nobody did any deals where an elected member of parliament was replaced

It may be allowed but its not much different imo

Fuck you cunt

see , learn to comprehend m80

how was changing senate voting a good idea.
6 silly choices instead of 1?????

>Except we don't vote for prime ministers

Which is why we've been through 5 PM's in 5-years (Rudd, Gillard, Rudd, Abbot, Turnbull) with each one stabbing the other in the back.

Do you realise that we've become a laughing stock to the rest of the world?

>It may be allowed but its not much different imo
your opinion doesn't really count for much, m8

Chinese news is saying it's tied and will take weeks to get a definitive result.

The fix is in.

its true tho familia, it may not happen but im right just like tones is

It was a good idea from my point of view.
Who can be fucked filling out 150 boxes? And picking just 1 leads to all sorts of problems.
I'm glad the senate is more feral than before.

>Rudd, Gillard, Rudd, Abbot, Turnbull
Not for long, soon it will be Rudd, Gillard, Rudd, Abbot, Turnbull, Abbot

>Do you realise that we've become a laughing stock to the rest of the world?

No, the rest of the world imported millions of rapists while we put them in island prisons, so we're the ones laughing now.

The funny thing is now we'll either get an ALP-Greens coalition or a LNP-One Nation alliance in the senate, so it could go either way.

Can't fucking wait.

I'm no fan of the Budgie Smuggler, but at least Abbot didn't make an absolute cock of himself the way Turnbull has.

What is it with Turnbull's rambling, incoherent and disconnected speechs? Is it because he thinks no one is listening or because he's lost the fucking plot?

>implying the reserve bank isn't independent of government

And before that it was one PM for 10 years.

>Do you realise that we've become a laughing stock to the rest of the world?
We aren't taking in refugees. Europe wishes they had this shit.

>yfw Trump
>yfw Brexit
>yfw Pauline

It's happening isn't it

It creates feral senates full of interest groups that are diverse as fuck. Now the Greens can't force shit through via influencing the ALP, because they also need some meme candidates to pass bills.

>ABC's are more accurate
>AEC just do it to be extra safe
>there's a constituency with a 25 vote margin
>ABC was wildly off the entire night of first counting
>backtracked about every 5 minutes
>ABC's are more accurate

odds on labor changed from $4 to $4.50 in the last hour...... (sportsbet)

He thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and that everyone loves him. He waffles because he's so much better than mere 3 word slogans.

Odds are stacked in the coalitions favour, my guess is that they will hold 73 seats and the crossbenchers are mostly conservative so they could strike a deal.

It's impossible for Labor to win more seats than the coalition and Labor stupidly decided to pre-emptively deny doing any deals with independents. The Greens will only help Labor if they get their own seat in the cabinet which is not happening.

Labor really should not be smug about this election, they are getting invested for electoral fraud in some marginal seats which could mean a few bi-elections and them losing those seats to devastating swings away from them. I don't see why nobody is calling for Shorten to resign.

If Mal loses it will be 7 PMs in 7 years. John Howard cries himself to sleep every night

>Abbot didn't make an absolute cock of himself
youtu.be/8tqXSPkDbX4
youtu.be/9wT9XS_TvzQ
youtu.be/-1-RnnYLa-o

>odds on labor changed from $4 to $4.50 in the last hour...... (sportsbet)

The fix is in... RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tfw me mum voted pauline as well. Feels fantastic senpai.

We had great stability in Prime Ministers before Gillard

It's not the system that's broken It's the parties devolving into Italian-tier chaos and people losing trust in the parties over the years and both sides of politics have become unfavourable to a lot of people

Howard lasted 11 years
Keating lasted 5(?) years
Hawke lasted 9 years
Fraser lasted 6(?) years
Even Whitlam lasted 3 years even how tumultuous his term was

he probably is the smartest guy in the room, he was a rhodes scholar after all. everyone loving him depends on the room he's in also.

this is referring to tony

abc.net.au/news/2016-07-05/pauline-hanson's-comments-could-lead-to-violence:-soutphommosane/7568608

It's begun. Hope Pauline destroys the Human Rights Commission.

But who will get my guns back!

vids 1 and 3 are tony being a mad cunt as usual.

Liberal Democrats

>but at least Abbot didn't make an absolute cock of himself the way Turnbull has.

I think you have a very rosy, blinded memory of Tony Abbott

He made a cock out of himself pretty much every week

His continued blunders and PR failures were one of the reasons he never regained popularity.

Also Malcolm might be a bad speaker but Abbott was about x10 worse. Literally the worst orator I've seen in Australian Politics.

>It's not the system that's broken It's the parties devolving into Italian-tier chaos and people losing trust in the parties over the years and both sides of politics have become unfavourable to a lot of people

Too true.

85 billion is like 1 years worth of neetbux, mining boom was overratted

abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/list/?selector=all&sort=latest

Seat by seat updates as they come in. Nothing interesting has happened yet, though.

I was talking about Turnbull though.

>What is it with Turnbull's rambling, incoherent and disconnected speechs?

It's quite funny. Everyone always used to say how intelligent and well spoken Turnbull was. Turns out he's anything but.

>Abbot is better spoken than Turnbull
What could you possible be basing this on?

we do, just unofficially.

You think the average person gives 2 dicks who their local member is? i mean i do, Christopher Pyne looks like a pedo and i don't want that representing me, but i'm obviously in the minority here.

his oral skills were poor but he made up for it in substance

Why did everyone hate based Tones?
He wasn't PC, like Trump he said and did what he wanted.
Inb4 knights and dames.

i don't know m8, ya mum was a pretty bad orator imo

We don't have as many """""Refugees""""" sure, but nothing gets fucking done because we've become a Klingon Cruiser where you rank up to captain by assassinating the captain. Nobody gives a fuck about the country any more, nobody runs on ideology, principles or platform it's just a shitfest of backstabbing and negative ad campaigns while nothing else gets done in the meantime.

Who do we want to win lads?

>It's quite funny. Everyone always used to say how intelligent and well spoken Turnbull was. Turns out he's anything but

It's not just me then. Sure I understand the problems with the Construction Board, but really? Fucking REALLY?

>A klingon cruiser

All we hear is the Australia richest and best at everything meme

Pity that. But understand. The US would never listen to Canada for instance. Hmmm scrap that, no one should listen to Canada atm.

> not using dildos
Don't post that. Penny wong would get excited. Unless she's one of those one that won't anything dickshaped into her militant feminazi vag.

People think they do. I wonder if these past 5 years have made people realise that they actually are not?

He's a buffoon.

ALA looks to be a success. They won't win anything on their own, but they're directing decent quotas to One Nation.

WA
>0.14
QLD
>0.135

These could actually give One Nation 1 or 2 more senators

>Who do we want to win lads?

Anyone but fucking Labor.

When he was PM, he had to watch his back for that traitorous snake Turnbull. This kept Tone in a weak position, and the public could sense it.
Tone is very loyal to the Liberal party, and that virtue was his greatest undoing. When he won the leadership, he should have absolutely fucked Malcolm and made it clear that he was not welcome at all. Instead, he made him communications minister and gave him a symbolic middle finger with the knights and dames bullshit.

Pretty sure they have that sealed off, daresay it'll thin out but.

The real meme is pic related. Seems like all the postals went nick for some reason.

oh that's barker by the by

>All we hear is the Australia richest and best at everything meme

That meme is about 10 years old. The mining boom is over and debt is through the roof. The only thing we have going for us is construction and that is unsustainable.

The fact that more Australians are now moving to New Zealand than the other way around should tell you enough.

Best case scenario: Liberals win (just), they replace Turnbull, and One Nation holds the balance of power in the Senate

>Seems like all the postals went nick for some reason.

Easier to manipulate postal votes??

>Only gaining 2.3% on second preferences

JUST