The Holy Mountain (1973)

About to watch this. What can I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4cxaVEqZsE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DUDE WEED LMAO kino

The unexpected :)

YOu can expect to turn it off after a few minutes of stupid shit.

Bring a poncho and three small bottles, one of them plastic

ohohoho (:

DUDE PEOPLE SHITTING IN PLAIN SIGHT

Yes, but is it kino?

Confusion

Pictures on a screen for 2 hours

The longest two hours of your life

Pointless shit that Sup Forums pretends to like to feel smart and alternative.

>WEEED LMAO
>Not LSDMAO
You are excrement.

Boring as fuck. Literally boring and stupid. No plot or character development

ITT: people who didn't get it
You should try something easier. Maybe capeshit is more your speed.

Lots of neat shots that serve no purpose.

A lot of times artistic mediums will intentionally leave things open to interpretation to increase the potential of reception, but this is a case where it's literally just "stuff" for 2 hours. Granted, it's neat stuff, but it's along the lines of watching an intricate circus as opposed to something with purpose.

Dude look how smart I am

t.brainlet

A bunch of shoved on the nose symbolism.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4cxaVEqZsE

Try LSD, or some kind of long-lasting dissociative like mxe, then you're in for an experience.

Kino cinematography and writing that makes plebs angry

A good film with great cinematography and beautiful scenes, a lot of symbolism, that's what the film is about after all and also a lot of retards not getting even its most simple parts and memeing about it.

I really like Jodorowsky's brand of kinema, but most of the time, theres very little to actually get.
Dis nigga just does semi-random shit full of irony and tries to convey really simple "philosophical" ideas in the most obtuse way possible. But its fucking great and somewhat shocking at the same time. Like Lynch, they are great at creating an atmosphere, and perhaps even world building, but Lynch actually tried to do coherent and interesting storylines and character arcs beneath all the smoke and mirrors.

OP just watch it, enjoy it at face value as a visually engaging, funny and fucked up viewing. That way you'll enjoy it the most.

Avoid El Topo and see Santa Sangre if you enjoyed the memes. If you actually liked the philosophy shit, do exactly the opposite.

Literally this

Lynch>jorodowsky

Well, yeah, obviously.

That doesn't mean its not pretty good.

It's a film I'd really like to make. All this grand posturing and ridiculous over-the-top symbolism in this wacky bizarro world is just so fun to watch. Most people here don't really seem to understand that there isn't much more than that - you don't 'get' the film, you enjoy it for what it is and take it all at face value. It doesn't grapple with philosophical concepts as much as it does wave to them as they flutter by. The whole thing is a huge tease, and the ending is basically the 'gotcha!' moment.

Dubs of truth.

Had completely forgotten about the asshole ending. Fucking Jodo's a comedic genius disguised as a philosophical hack.

Overrated pseudo-intellectual "cinema". Perfect for leftists.

Jadarovsky is a fucking lunatic if that mental patient can get a job making films then there is still hope for the denizens of this board

Absolute fucking lunacy. It's great.

a trailer for his Dune.

Shit. Literally. Ignore the faggots that come up with "2DEEP4YOU" arguments.

Good fun

at the end he breaks the fourth wall and their is no secret to immortality. The journey is more important than the end result. It's a great movie, a little short, but still great. They could have fleshed out the ending after they get to the island for another 30 minutes and it would have improved the ending. 8/10

it is.

cinematography is on point, the only gripe i have is that the version i have claims it is 1080p but I can see digital artifacts in it so the rip is at least 720.

Can anyone point me to a seed rip of this that is 1080p/blu ray. I like watching movies like this in as pristine a quality as I can

I would say IF you think you need to watch this to feel enlightened, then you missed the whole point of the movie.

>refn has Jadarovsky read him tarot cards before every major life decision

don't listen to this. there is literally a scene in the movie making fun of drug users for taking a false path to enlightenment. wouldn't recommend getting insulted by a filmmaker while you watch his film

textbook kino

I expected some >3deep5u stuff, but it was actually a whacky adventure with some surreal metaphors.
And dat ending.

ZOOM OUT CAMERA

that was hilarious

it's "zoom back" not "zoom out." If you want to be a memer you need to get the basics right.